Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
First post here, thanks for having me!

my family just switched from a 4Runner to the new Mojave and after 2 weeks are loving it!

came with the hard top and 8.4” screen and mud terrains, and so faR i couldn’t be happier.

my two big questions are:
does the mojave skid plate effect which after market bumpers i can use? It doesn’t look like it attaches to the anything I’d replace with the new bumper but i thought I’d see if anyone has had figment issues, but I’d like to get my winch on ASAP

my other question that keeps popping up is in regards to lift. I don’t want to mess with the ride quality or designof this incredible suspension but i may want an extra inch or two of clearance. Are spacers the way to go?

thanks for having me! Really exited to see where this takes us!

01BCAD22-C104-4B24-8482-5A3E81976D32.jpeg

602CD74F-CB12-46CF-B249-4A2DD8B13AA7.jpeg

BC946290-AFD3-40F0-83F6-407EDBAD2764.jpeg

62E7977E-8815-45FC-9404-AD68429BC45B.jpeg

ADC998C1-EE3A-4564-B585-1E9CE4A4F505.jpeg

F6CB531B-2CA8-40B4-973D-4BDEB97BBCB5.jpeg

EE81A6FE-C417-4B47-828E-FBABFBC945CF.jpeg
Sponsored

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Welcome and good looking Mojave you have there!

The accessories aftermarket (bumpers included) is a bit of a new frontier for Mojave owners at the moment. A couple members have installed OEM steel Rubi bumpers but the Mojave skid is not a perfect match and I’m not sure if the Rubi skid will work. 4wd.com differentiates Mojave trim and excludes many of the aftermarket bumpers available stating “this will not fit your vehicle”. Clearly there is a fitment issue with either the factory skid, lack of skid or placement of shock bypass reservoir. There certainly are options available that are winch capable though, I just haven’t found the perfect solution for me yet. New Mojave specific products will become available in time but supply lines have been so choked that even getting existing products to customers has been a beating. We also seemingly learn new things about the Mojave everyday, yesterday we learned the cowls and hood height make existing accessories unusable.

In regards to lift options you are dead on! Several companies including AEV make spacers lifts that will retain all the things you love about the Mojave suspension while providing a bit more height and clearance. At least one member has installed the Daystar kit and several others have fitted 35’s and now 37’s without any additional lift.

Welcome aboard and have fun with your new Mojave!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Thank you for all of the detail and for taking the time!

which accessories aren’t working under the hood? I’m definitely considering a snorkel, but not much else Under the hood.

I’m leaning towards the FabFours stubby bumper but if it means losing my skid plate i think It would be a deal breaker, but i end up wheeling alone more often than I’d like and really want the winch on, and this creates quite a pickle. I can’t figure out where the problem is just by looking but it seems that the skid plate mount is Independent of the bumper mount but I’ve never done this install so i could definitely be wrong.

Oh, last question, in regards to height, considering the Mojave is already 1” higher than the rubicon, (in the front only i believe) Do people consider it already lifted? Like would 35”s tuck ok? I imagine it’s probably 4-6 inches taller than a factory sport, and people are running 35 on those. So far I’m happy with clearance but i do plan on making the trip to Moab this year and want to be prepared.

again, thank you for the advice..

OP
OP

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
You’ll be fine! I used the after market bumper off of my JKUR and it does not interfere with the skid plate. Hope this helps!
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Mojave I just picked up, as well as a question about bumpers 55953DF5-BEB0-49A2-8A0D-21F720D8C576
That’s gorgeous!
Did you have to consider the wheel offset to keep the width right for the suspension?

did the Jk bumper mount right up or require modifications?

Sponsored

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
That’s gorgeous!
Did you have to consider the wheel offset to keep the width right for the suspension?

did the Jk bumper mount right up or require modifications?
thank you! And not at all! Could’ve went with a wheel closer to the stock back spacing and I still would clear. And yes the bumper mounted up without any mods.

Edit: I forgot to add I installed a teraflex 1.5” front leveling kit and daystar .75” leveling kit. But I’m sure The tires will would’ve cleared the bumper

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Thank you for all of the detail and for taking the time!

which accessories aren’t working under the hood? I’m definitely considering a snorkel, but not much else Under the hood.

I’m leaning towards the FabFours stubby bumper but if it means losing my skid plate i think It would be a deal breaker, but i end up wheeling alone more often than I’d like and really want the winch on, and this creates quite a pickle. I can’t figure out where the problem is just by looking but it seems that the skid plate mount is Independent of the bumper mount but I’ve never done this install so i could definitely be wrong.

Oh, last question, in regards to height, considering the Mojave is already 1” higher than the rubicon, (in the front only i believe) Do people consider it already lifted? Like would 35”s tuck ok? I imagine it’s probably 4-6 inches taller than a factory sport, and people are running 35 on those. So far I’m happy with clearance but i do plan on making the trip to Moab this year and want to be prepared.

again, thank you for the advice..
A member tried to install cowl light brackets yesterday and discovered that they did not line up properly. Should only effect hood and cowl mounted accessories, not sure if that would include a snorkel.

Due to the additional lift and fenders, running 35’s stock seems to be no problem at all.

OP
OP

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
thank you! And not at all! Could’ve went with a wheel closer to the stock back spacing and I still would clear. And yes the bumper mounted up without any mods.

Edit: I forgot to add I installed a teraflex 1.5” front leveling kit and daystar .75” leveling kit. But I’m sure The tires will would’ve cleared the bumper
Great to know... any fitment issues with the leveling kits?

also i want to add a sway bar disconnect but don’t know ifthe factory lift means it won’t fit. I think the teraflex is adjustable but i wasn’t sure whichoption to go with because of the Mojave’s unique height

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Great to know... any fitment issues with the leveling kits?

also i want to add a sway bar disconnect but don’t know ifthe factory lift means it won’t fit. I think the teraflex is adjustable but i wasn’t sure whichoption to go with because of the Mojave’s unique height
No fitment issues at all with the kit, I been looking in sway bar disconnects also. I’m in the same boat as you as to which kit to go with. But as of now, I’m interested in the JKS endlinks

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
UCFNATE, did you pick this up from Greenway recently, I dropped mine yesterday and was wanting to look at one, Service manager said they had one but sold it,

OP
OP

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
UCFNATE, did you pick this up from Greenway recently, I dropped mine yesterday and was wanting to look at one, Service manager said they had one but sold it,
About two weeks ago, and I’m pretty sure there was a white one there as well. I had a great experience there to be honest. Got a good price and the buying process was super streamlined.

Are you in the market for one?

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
About two weeks ago, and I’m pretty sure there was a white one there as well. I had a great experience there to be honest. Got a good price and the buying process was super streamlined.

Are you in the market for one?
Nope have a JTR, dropped it at the dealer yesterday for steering box 2.0

OP
OP

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Nope have a JTR, dropped it at the dealer yesterday for steering box 2.0
How was that process? Was it more than just a the bolts, or is it the whole box? It’s for all 2020 gladiators right ? Wondering if I’ll need it considering mine is so recent

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Its the box, bolts, and reprogramming, it's done, I'll pick it up today, I was waiting on something from FCA, the 4 mile loop they test on gives no steering feedback, so there was never a problem when the tech drove it, but you could feel it in the wheel, dead spot, then it would veer right, then hard left all the time, any road surface, wife drove it in a storm on 95, she wasn't to impressed,

I've had mine since end of December, it's got 6500 miles, I'd check the P/N on the box, AE old AA is new I'm pretty sure,
Sponsored