First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I started out with the Gladiator Sport model with very limited options. Stick shift, hard top, and spray in bed liner were the only options I ordered. My thought process was to start bare bones and build it up exactly the way I wanted. Many thanks to Mark out in DJ that helped me out with the ordering process. Stay cool Brother!

First mod was to swap out the stock antenna for a Rydonair 8” antenna.
Jeep Gladiator Mean Green Build 472FEA38-BFFB-4CDA-BF7F-24FF373B9909
Sponsored

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
After that it was time for armor and open air.

Bestop Sunrider - One of my favorite mobs since in seconds it is open or closed. Plus it was an easy 15 min install.

Jeep Gladiator Mean Green Build EC6E4062-2A42-4EE1-BE3B-D301C8A27F9C

EAG Military Tube Doors - Well built, but a bit hard to fit. After some forum advice I trimmed the rubber pads for the back doors and finally got them to close properly with no rattles.

Jeep Gladiator Mean Green Build ECB4430F-7DCA-4D86-97B0-52FA0AFDCE41

Rampage Trailguard front bumper with Smittybuilt X20 winch. They paired well together. Fit was snug, but it went in with just enough room between the winch and front grill.
Also installed some Oracle Oculus Bi-LED headlights - One had something rolling around on the inside, but customer service for Northridge 4x4 helped me through getting a replacement. Thanks Dahrien you rock!

Jeep Gladiator Mean Green Build 3CBB6132-20D4-45E3-99D6-27180395FE13

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Rockhard Rock Sliders angled up - These are well made and I am very happy with them. The fit was tight on the pinch seam holes, but I was able to get it in without having to drill anything out. I put on some grip tape for added traction getting in and out. One thing I noticed after adding on the tape was that you can scratch up your legs getting out if you don’t use the rail.

Jeep Gladiator Mean Green Build image

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Last bit of armor is a Motobuilt Crusher rear bumper. This thing is a beast! Few things to keep in mind if you get one of these is that it comes bare metal and you will need to get an additional License plate light.

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I got the small radio and that was not cutting it, so I upgraded to the Insane audio JL3001 unit. When I hooked it up i lost radio reception and they are sending me another adaptor. Hopefully that will resolve the radio issue. I primarily use Pandora, but regular radio is an option I wanted as well. The unit is internet based, so the sky is the limit on apps that can go on it. It also comes with all the USB plugs you could ever want.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I got the small radio and that was not cutting it, so I upgraded to the Insane audio JL3001 unit. When I hooked it up i lost radio reception and they are sending me another adaptor. Hopefully that will resolve the radio issue. I primarily use Pandora, but regular radio is an option I wanted as well. The unit is internet based, so the sky is the limit on apps that can go on it. It also comes with all the USB plugs you could ever want.
The replacement antenna adapter arrived from insane audio after a few quick and easy email with their tech support. After the new adapter was installed it worked like a charm.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
How has the jl3001 been treating you? Ordered mine with the standard audio so I'm looking to upgrade.

Seems like something I would build myself if I could. Really cool.

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
The replacement antenna adapter arrived from insane audio after a few quick and easy email with their tech support. After the new adapter was installed it worked like a charm.
How has the jl3001 been treating you? Ordered mine with the standard audio so I'm looking to upgrade.

Seems like something I would build myself if I could. Really cool.
Wow I have been bad about updating this thread. It Actually didn’t fit my lifestyle very well since was mostly hotspot based. Off-road navigation using the 3001 was really good. I used it quite a bit on a recent 7k overland trip. The radio reception was not great and I was never able to get it better, so I used pandora downloads offline. Being without CarPlay was not something I was expecting to miss that much. I recently just put in a Stinger Hi10 and love it. Apple car play and the use up Gaia maps on screen is awesome.

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Been a ton of upgrades since my last post. Recently returned from a 7k overlanding trip hitting Badge of Honor trails from Virginia to Utah (MOAB). Here is the quick and dirty of what i added and how they are working out for me:

Maximus 3 bed rack - Love the look, handles RTT weight without any issues, keeps full visibility behind. Only downside is that after a long overland trip the bolts started vibrating loose, but blue lock tight and a tighten did the trick.

condor XL RTT- Love it! Tons of room (king size bed), comfortable, room for pillows and some bedding when closed, great ventilation even with rainfly on, awning provides great correction from the elements. Only downside is that shell gets scratched pretty easily when going through brush and ridges make it hard for mounting solar. I would go aluminum next time, but was not an option when i got it. It is longer than my bed so i added in some aluminum struts underneath for cab clearance ($40 and all was good).

ARB Elements Fridge - Love it! Power wired in through bed using ARB kit, it does cut power to fridge before running car battery down, has enough clearance with the top of the rack for struts to keep lid up, Has done great in all sorts of rain.

Lifesaver water jug - great for manual pressurized water system. Not fancy, but it has its own filter and a spray nozzle. Mounted in the back with a stittybuilt holder. Downside was that it did have a slow leak at the top seal. I might have been missing an o-ring for the fitting that screws over the filter.

Teraflex bedrail system - great! Locked down my heavy gear box without any issues. Also used it to lock in the lifesaver 5gal jug from vibrating.

Dewalt gearbox - Cheap and great for storing most of my camping gear out of the elements.

11lb propane tank - used it for a month straight for cooking and still have not refilled it. I would go this route over 1lb bottles any day of the week,

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Here are some pics and some forgotten items.

JCR half rack - has done great. I didn’t but the black hardware and just spray painted the screw heads black. I was also super thrilled that it was able to fit with the overhand for the RTT and still open my sun-rider without any modification.

ROAM Case - This was great for storing rest of my bedding and poles. I would highly recommend anyone with a RTT to get an overhead box if they can’t fit all bedding into the tent when closed. Hella convenient to just open tent window and grab your stuff.

DeeZee tailgate cover - have not used it yet, but after cooking without it I realized it was worth the money to keep things clean and provide a level surface.

8D85EAE9-56A1-4F76-B0B7-C1CD1CC27966.jpeg

ACDF8BC9-A867-49E4-AEFF-4AAD1630CB1E.jpeg

F8A8D504-207A-460D-8EA5-59217F0F4714.jpeg

A7C17000-56CC-493F-BF15-60746D1E51A9.jpeg

OP
OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Shoot one more alibi round…Oracle LED tail lights. big improvement lumen wise over stock non-LED. Install was plug and play. Added in the included adapter for upgrade to LED and made no changes to my Tazer Settings.
Sponsored