Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Hey guys!

Joined the club two weeks ago when we picked up this granite crystal mojave. She’s been great so far. New stubby bumper is on the way, as is a bed liner. couple questions if y’all Mojave owners have a minute...

Any word on when or if or how we get the rear lock feature in 4hi? I was excited to try that, although 50mph in 4L seems adequate so many that’s why they felt it was redundant?

also, anyone see a higher tow capacity listed? The info the dealer sent me specific to my vin says towing capacity is 6,460LBs but everything else I’ve read said 6,000.

any other resources for Mojave owners or specific threads or info you all found interesting or imperative as a new owner?

thanks!

742B8A52-4247-47B9-B7CE-D0DF846DD81E.jpeg

50516DDD-57F1-457B-8A3D-15BB71124320.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Hey guys!

Joined the club two weeks ago when we picked up this granite crystal mojave. She’s been great so far. New stubby bumper is on the way, as is a bed liner. couple questions if y’all Mojave owners have a minute...

Any word on when or if or how we get the rear lock feature in 4hi? I was excited to try that, although 50mph in 4L seems adequate so many that’s why they felt it was redundant?

also, anyone see a higher tow capacity listed? The info the dealer sent me specific to my vin says towing capacity is 6,460LBs but everything else I’ve read said 6,000.

any other resources for Mojave owners or specific threads or info you all found interesting or imperative as a new owner?

thanks!

742B8A52-4247-47B9-B7CE-D0DF846DD81E.jpeg

50516DDD-57F1-457B-8A3D-15BB71124320.jpeg
Awesome looking Jeep! I sadly don't own a Mojave, hopefully someone can answer those questions. I believe it's 6000 pounds for towing. How is the ride on the Mojave?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The advertised rating is 6,000 towing but it is being reported that options can change that, but what the salesman is telling you is a pretty big difference, I would see for yourself when he has the paperwork . The rear locker working in 4H on the Mojave has always been worded in releases as a mid year thing, put yours in four high and see if you can engage the locker. It’s like the selectrac AWD transfer case is now an option on the 2021, and something I wanted....Jack

Ucfnate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
The advertised rating is 6,000 towing but it is being reported that options can change that, but what the salesman is telling you is a pretty big difference, I would see for yourself when he has the paperwork . The rear locker working in 4H on the Mojave has always been worded in releases as a mid year thing, put yours in four high and see if you can engage the locker. It’s like the selectrac AWD transfer case is now an option on the 2021, and something I wanted....Jack
Yeh I’ve tried it every which way, holding the esc or offrosd+ buttons, holding the lock button, nothing works except 4L.

ive looked through the options listed on the spec sheet 1,000 times and can’t figure out why it would be higher. The Mojave all come with the cooling relocation and class 4 hitch, mine also says trailer sway control, but i have no idea whst that means. Salesman and the dealer didn’t know why either, but assured me this was specific to my vehicle vin

59E585DC-A21E-4939-B392-F5F52C911C81.png

Sponsored

gladgup4419

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Black Mojave. AEV knock offs, BFG 315's, black lugs, mopar tri fold tonneau, RokBlokz mud flaps, AMP power running boards, 20% tint front windows, Flowmaster American Thunder, AFE air box, AFE scorcher, AFE throttle spacer and Sprint throttle booster.
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club glad 2
Hi...did you have to get a lift for the 35's? Also, are those 17X9 wheels...

Sponsored

gladgup4419

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys!

thanks!

She's a beauty!

GreenMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 8D51F552-B6F0-4118-B59F-D53185663273

So been going back and forth since the gladiators were launched if I should trade my 19 JLUR for one. Had my eye on a granite launch edition that local dealer still had on hand but for some reason just could not pull the trigger. Last week started reading about the changes that they made to the Mojave edition and decided that fit my needs better than a Rubi. Found one 90 miles away that had everything I was looking for and more and struck a deal over the phone. Put 500 miles on since last Friday. Few things that I have noticed.
1. Ride is great compared to the JLUR. Longer wheelbase and suspension on Mojave is superior.
2. Hood is completely different. On ride home I noticed it. I knew it had center fake hood scoop but did not know it sits about 1 1/2 inches higher. Found that out also when I went to open it and it is noticeably heavier. Tried to swap over my diode dynamics cowl brackets and found out they will not work as back of hood is taller.
3. Swapped over my bestop sun rider no issues there. Did notice it seems much quieter than when it was on JLUR. Not sure if hood shape has anything to do with it.
All in all very happy with my little truck. Gobi is a major change for me and loving the look. Getting used to the 3.6 as I had the 2.0T on my RUBI. Getting around 19.5 mpg on factory MT tires. Glad I pulled the trigger.