Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.xplorn4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator; 2019 Wrangler; 2014 RzR 900
Occupation
Self Employed
If you have adobe illustrator you could drop and image of Gobi and sample it to get something close.
or possibly visit the vinyl printer and have them sample the color.
I’ll try to get it this weekend with AI and share.

Thank you. I have purchased my Gobi Gladiator and haven't received it yet. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So, I wanted to see what my fellow Gobi fans thought. I really haven't taken to the wheel and tire combo that I added. I originally wanted the Black Rhino Armory in desert sand but it seems that has been done to death. I am not afraid of being a conformist but I am just looking for the right thing for me. I liked the Gobi's that were made up for the Fast and Furious movies using the stock steel spare wheels painted to match. I have been think8ng about going that route with a 35x11.5 tire. I like the narrower look and I think I would like my tires under the fenders instead of sticking out. I know the TFL guys did the steel spare wheels but left them black. I went with the Black Rhino Bantam with BFG KO2 in 315/70/17. They ride well and look good, I just am not settling on them the way I thought I would.
Am I crazy or does anyone else think it would look good? I would probably paint match them instead of powder coat. I think paint would be easier to touch up and repair. I also know powder coat doesn't do well with things like brake fluid. Tell me what you think. Here is a picture of one of the movie trucks.
Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club 2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gobi-Fast-Furious-2

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I went with the Black Rhino Bantam with BFG KO2 in 315/70/17. They ride well and look good, I just am not settling on them the way I thought I would. Am I crazy or does anyone else think it would look good?
Can you clarify: are you saying you're thinking about painting the Bantams, or replacing them with painted factory spares?

I like the look of the painted spare. I think this works much better military looking colors such as Gobi or Gator, but no so much on colors like blue, red, orange, etc.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Am I crazy or does anyone else think it would look good? I would probably paint match them instead of powder coat. I think paint would be easier to touch up and repair. I also know powder coat doesn't do well with things like brake fluid. Tell me what you think. Here is a picture of one of the movie trucks.
These are a little too minimalist for my tastes, especially given all the nice wheel options available. Look more like trailer wheels to me (or maybe because I have a trailer with similar wheels). If you like that look, then go for it.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Can you clarify: are you saying you're thinking about painting the Bantams, or replacing them with painted factory spares?

I like the look of the painted spare. I think this works much better military looking colors such as Gobi or Gator, but no so much on colors like blue, red, orange, etc.

I would be replacing the Bantams with these. I like the Bantams ok, and they would probably look good painted but part of it is I want the tires all the way under the fenders. I am not a fan of them sticking out. I knew the Bantams would a little. I was originally going to get the wheel vintiques like the wayout concept but I guess I like the holes on the stock ones.

Probably not rated for hauling as much weight as the factory wheels, being meant for temporary use
Being hard to find a rating listed for the factory wheels I know I won't find one for these. I would hope they carry a similar rating as being a pickup you may not have the option of dumping your load if you get a flat.

Choraq

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Rubicon Gladiator
I joined the Gobi Gladiator gang this last weekend. I do think the Gobi is the best option out there. I had a 2018 JLUR in firecracker red that I loved but I think this is even better.

Just went through this entire thread and love what people have done to their Gobi Gladiators. I will post updates along the way and look forward to stealing ideas.

Credit to my buddy that did the art render of my Gobi. Bonus points to anyone that can decipher the Klingon dialect. :)

Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club Image from iOS
Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club Image from iOS (1)

First Name
Sully
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.xplorn4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator; 2019 Wrangler; 2014 RzR 900
Occupation
Self Employed
If you have adobe illustrator you could drop and image of Gobi and sample it to get something close.
or possibly visit the vinyl printer and have them sample the color.
I’ll try to get it this weekend with AI and share.
Just checking back. Any luck?

Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
Finally got to start upgrading my gobi! I went with some rubi rock rails and suspension take offs. I swapped out the front springs and added a 3/4” spacer to level it out. Have exactly 1.75” of lift in the front and sits perfectly level. Also added a rubicon expresss hd track bar, fox steering stabilizer. The wheels are 17” Fuel Anza with -6 offset and 315/70 17 Toyo RT tires.
before:
Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club 07F1ECB0-286D-42A8-B233-0A5B9B2BF92D

After:
Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club E12AF278-4CE0-44C1-B663-BC9D5B64E0A8

Jeep Gladiator GOBI Gladiator JT Club 6852B38D-1236-4099-92AE-214C85E5B387
(This one still had the old tires in the bed)

Last edited:

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Is $42,000 OTD a good deal on a max tow gobi sport S MSRP at $43,000 or should I keep looking?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Is $42,000 OTD a good deal on a max tow gobi sport S MSRP at $43,000 or should I keep looking?
That is a really hard question to answer. A lot of the "good deal" depends on your local mandated taxes and fees. These vary widely from state to state. So that may be a good deal in one state but not so good in another. A good way to see if it is a good deal is to figure out the invoice price and then go 3 to 6 percent below that. See if the price you are getting is somewhere in that range.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Just picked up a Gobi Sport S!! Wasn’t expecting to find this good of a deal but traveled out of state to AZ (Earnhardt). Got more then 7k off sticker and paid 35.5 before taxes etc. No dealer in NM or AZ would touch that price within 3k. Can’t wait to start modding!!

4A32C89A-1EB5-49F6-9B2E-13A77E21EC05.jpeg

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
That is a really hard question to answer. A lot of the "good deal" depends on your local mandated taxes and fees. These vary widely from state to state. So that may be a good deal in one state but not so good in another. A good way to see if it is a good deal is to figure out the invoice price and then go 3 to 6 percent below that. See if the price you are getting is somewhere in that range.
I was able to get it for OTD at invoice price with taxes and everything.
Sponsored