JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Hello all,
This is my first thread post on here. Before starting this LONG journey from Norfolk, VA to Miami and then onto San Angelo, TX. I been planning on trading in my JKUR for a JLUR but left with something I loved more.
Traded in my 2012 JKUR July 10, 2020 for my (Mojave fully loaded.) Fell in love at first drive (had 2 miles on the Odometer.) Winners Circle CJD in Hampton, VA did not let me leave without it. Long story short, they paid off the remainder of my JKUR (I bought it used and owned it for about a year. owed about $25k) and sold me the Mojave for $50k ish (Sticker price was $58k) before taxes. Drove off the lot in my brand new mojave.

Installed 37'', Fox TSB steering stabilizer, and a small leveling kit. When My wife and I started this voyage to miami. I had gotten that random "Service Electronic stability control" mojave had about 600 Miles. I decided to push through, make the drive and figured I'd go to a dealer in miami to get it handled. Miami is just under a thousand miles from Norfolk, VA. I'll tell ya, it was very comfortable ride, and a pleasant drive, surprisingly. I enjoyed every mile driving it down. Despite that "Service ESC" light being on, it did not effect the drivability one bit, it was just annoying having it on. Drove through very very rain through Florida, no problem. I arrive in Miami safe and sound. I didn't get a chance to drop my Mojave off at a dealership to get the light checked out due to lack of time. ESC light just so happen to turn off on its own just before the drive to San Angelo, TX.

Starting my Voyage from Miami to San Angelo, TX. It is over 1500 miles. My second time within a few days I've driven the length of FL. It is a VERRRRRY long drive. Except this drive was a bit longer, with the added angle west. Driving through Florida is not easy haha, but I managed to push through. I get to Alabama, it was a nice site to see the USS Alabama off the highway, passing through. I get through Bama and Mississippi less than 3 hours. Before i know it I am already in Louisiana. Decided to make a pit stop in Baton Rouge at a Cracker barrel for a quick breakfast. Continuing through Louisiana, correct me if im wrong but that realllllly long bridge through Lake Charles, seeing a bunch of gators swimming around. Very interesting drive.

Finally getting to the Texas state line, approaching Houston. Traffic galore! between construction, car accidents, people evacuating, and just plain ole H-town traffic. added an hour or so to the drive through TX. Just by speculation and passing through, Houston looks really nice and is a huge city! took a while for me to fully get out of the city limits of Houston. passing through Austin, was kinda same as Houston as far as traffic flow, a little bit more free flowing. Now Completely free of the big cities. between Austin and San Angelo. Its mainly privately owned lands, farms, ranches, etc. It was actually a bit refreshing to not deal with the "fast life" of a big city, passing through. I finally get through all the farmland and arrive in San Angelo, TX safely, and the Mojave was a champ.

I did the whole trip without tire calibration or tuner, I was doing about 70-80 mph, with 37's in reality its roughly about 80-90+ mph. So I didnt manage to get my true MPG. I just ordered a tazer mini, so we shall see. Being at those speeds for long periods of time, the Mojave with the 37s went to 7th and 8th gear and stayed there pretty often, until I would get on a incline, it would down shift to 6th get up to speed and then back to 7th it went. It might be because of the Mojave's TC gearing being different from the Rubicon?? Someone with a bit more knowledge can enlighten me. As for the ESC light, when it turned off, it never came back on, I guess the computer just had to learn that there was really nothing wrong lmao. Adding about 2500+ of consistent highway mileage, I dont have any real complaints. When I was in I skimming through this forum and ran into the Steering TSB, and doing the drive from FL to TX, I did notice the steering wander. Really bad, I had to constantly correct a straight path. As soon as I got to San Angelo, I found a Jeep Dealership and scheduled a repair, thanks to the TSB I ran into here.

The Mojave is currently at the dealership getting that repair done! and I am completely happy with everything so far with my Mojave.

feel free to ask any questions or if i missed anything.

Thanks to all that fully read my loooonnngggg journey :rock::CWL:
Jeep Gladiator Semi-Cross country Gladiator Mojave IMG_8556
Jeep Gladiator Semi-Cross country Gladiator Mojave IMG_8557
Jeep Gladiator Semi-Cross country Gladiator Mojave IMG_8547
Jeep Gladiator Semi-Cross country Gladiator Mojave IMG_8462
Jeep Gladiator Semi-Cross country Gladiator Mojave IMG_8540
Sponsored

wpscheel

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I had those warning lights and they cleared as well. Speaking with the service dept they suggested that as long as the light is not "blinking" its not a current issue and was something that occurred but may not be there anymore. If I have a light blinking on the dash to bring it in for sure. Luckily mine have all cleared after a period and not come back.
Good write up. I am waiting for my bed cover to come in then install some 35's and we will be making a trip from Texas to Georgia, Florida then back. Let us know your thoughts on the Tazer Mini. I'm thinking of going that route as well but my previous JK I had the Superchips FlashPac and the extra boost in performance was worth it so I am still on the fence.

OP
OP
JTMana

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I had those warning lights and they cleared as well. Speaking with the service dept they suggested that as long as the light is not "blinking" its not a current issue and was something that occurred but may not be there anymore. If I have a light blinking on the dash to bring it in for sure. Luckily mine have all cleared after a period and not come back.
Good write up. I am waiting for my bed cover to come in then install some 35's and we will be making a trip from Texas to Georgia, Florida then back. Let us know your thoughts on the Tazer Mini. I'm thinking of going that route as well but my previous JK I had the Superchips FlashPac and the extra boost in performance was worth it so I am still on the fence.

Appreciate you bro, I will post an update for the tazer mini on here. I was thinking of going the superchips flahspaq route as well, the only thing thats holding me back is the whole PCM swap. Not sure how I feel about that.

Good luck on your long drive and wish you a safe journey when you do so!

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate you bro, I will post an update for the tazer mini on here. I was thinking of going the superchips flahspaq route as well, the only thing thats holding me back is the whole PCM swap. Not sure how I feel about that.

Good luck on your long drive and wish you a safe journey when you do so!
I just installed my Tazer Mini this AM. No problems and super easy install.

The whole swap PCM business is too much. I did that with my JK and I thought it was a PITA. I broke the wiring harness taking out the old PCM because it was jammed in there so hard from the factory. YMMV.

Yeah, maybe if I'm going a forced induction route it makes sense...

Good luck.

OP
OP
JTMana

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I just installed my Tazer Mini this AM. No problems and super easy install.

The whole swap PCM business is too much. I did that with my JK and I thought it was a PITA. I broke the wiring harness taking out the old PCM because it was jammed in there so hard from the factory. YMMV.

Yeah, maybe if I'm going a forced induction route it makes sense...

Good luck.
I’ve been hearing only good things about the tazer mini. Can’t wait till it comes.

Sponsored

KJR50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Interesting, so I gotta ask. You’re financing a 75k loan on the truck? What’s your monthly payment?

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Nice trip...đź‘Ť
Sponsored