First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
It's not a precut wrap you can buy. You have to buy the vinyl material and knife-less tape. Then go through that whole procedure which involves putting the knifeless tape down then stretching the vinyl over it, get out the bubbles and pull up the knifeless tape. It sounds easy but I assure you it is not that easy and takes practice.

OR you could go to an auto wrap shop and they could do it, or have them make you a giant vinyl decal that is precut to that spec.
sigh. Thanks for the info. Youre Gladiator looks amazing brother
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I had an experienced friend do my tailgate and hood too. We used the 3M 2080 Matte Deep Black and it turned out great. Unfortunately as soon as the hood was done something fell on the truck in the garage and the hood needed to be repainted. So the second time around for the hood I am having an auto wrap shop do a giant vinyl decal precut for the hood. I'll post a pic when that is done. In the mean time I'll post pics of the hood and tailgate done the same way as the OP did.

Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE IMG_0322
Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE IMG_0323
Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE IMG_0324
Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE IMG_0132
Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE IMG_0129

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
sigh. Thanks for the info. Youre Gladiator looks amazing brother
Thanks, it's a slow work in progress but it's getting there!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How long should this wrap normally last?
Tough to say, there are a lot of variables at play. Generally between 2-10yrs depending on how well you take care of it. If you park your car outside and are in a state like FL and don’t do much other than the occasional wash you’ll probably get 2-3yrs. If you park inside, wash it and take care of it with stuff like a wax, spray on ceramic, or a good pro-grade ceramic coating from a shop... well then it’ll last a long time.

Some people complain about how hard it is to take the wrap off because it’s in little pieces but that’s because they didn’t take care of it. A wrap is a lot like leather. It needs to be taken care of, protected from the elements, and moisturized so that it doesn’t crack and/or chip. Waxes are great because they moisturize, ceramic coatings lock in moisture, and keep the wrap from drying. A good pro-grade ceramic done at a shop will even protect it from UV rays.

Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
I had an experienced friend do my tailgate and hood too. We used the 3M 2080 Matte Deep Black and it turned out great. Unfortunately as soon as the hood was done something fell on the truck in the garage and the hood needed to be repainted. So the second time around for the hood I am having an auto wrap shop do a giant vinyl decal precut for the hood. I'll post a pic when that is done. In the mean time I'll post pics of the hood and tailgate done the same way as the OP did.

Looking to do very similar when I get my EcoDiesel JTR. But with red border and I want gloss black topo lines on flat black vinyl.
Like a combo of these...

B436DBD4-9432-4423-B254-CFDEA05A3E08.jpeg

99D30549-B6C8-439F-AB16-3EE91D9A4C93.jpeg

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to do very similar when I get my EcoDiesel JTR. But with red border and I want gloss black topo lines on flat black vinyl.
Like a combo of these...

Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE 99D30549-B6C8-439F-AB16-3EE91D9A4C93

Jeep Gladiator NEW VINYL HOOD AND TAILGATE LE 99D30549-B6C8-439F-AB16-3EE91D9A4C93
That would be super cool! Any idea how or where you could get that done?

I feel like I’ve seen one from jeep, I think they already havea topograph one for the hood. Maybe you could find it and trim to fit the JTR and then do the red outline.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
That would be super cool! Any idea how or where you could get that done?

I feel like I’ve seen one from jeep, I think they already havea topograph one for the hood. Maybe you could find it and trim to fit the JTR and then do the red outline.
I’m yeah, I’m not sure. I know a guy who designs vinyl wraps and I’m sure he has connections with shops. Likely not a do-it-myself thing. Might do the fender vent triangles too.