2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Wheels/ tires and suspension lift installed. Now sits at 77” tall with hard top on:

8E18D4B6-7A74-490E-97D0-E116C5AB08D0.jpeg

F2E60A8E-C371-4861-A9BD-C132A1D459D5.jpeg

B408C987-3E5F-44C0-9001-56ECD3EBFCB3.jpeg

Last picture you can see the tires stick out a little less than 2” past the stock fenders. That is exactly what I was going for (whew!) Also, the wheels are +22mm offset so hopefully minimizing any undue stress on the axles.
Love the build. Looks great- I’m looking to do something similar with my white overland. Might do a leveling kit instead of a full lift.

Was it difficult to remove the Jeep badges on the tailgate and fenders when you replaced with the black ones? I like the look.

Nice sticker :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Love the build. Looks great- I’m looking to do something similar with my white overland. Might do a leveling kit instead of a full lift.

Was it difficult to remove the Jeep badges on the tailgate and fenders when you replaced with the black ones? I like the look.

Nice sticker :like:
Not hard at all. Use a hair dryer (recommend NOT using a heat gun as they can get things WAY too hot and you may blister your paint if you are not paying attention) and fishing line. Start at one corner and pull the fishing line down and diagonally behind the badge while applying heat. Take your time is the best tip I can give. You can rub off most of the adhesive residue with your fingers while it is still warm. After that, clean the remaining with goof off, then wash with dish soap and then rinse with water and dry off. Then apply your new badges. I also marked off reference points with blue painter’s tape to ensure I could apply the new badges straight and in the exact same location - usually after I removed the badges but before cleaning off all the adhesive residue. The badges come with foam that helps with alignment (see pic) - I just put the tape around that and then lined it up when applying new badges. Good luck!

4497273B-1BE8-4AFC-A57B-282795DEC44A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Might I ask why we are replacing the rough country steps?
My wife finds the steps too small and in an awkward spot when exiting. I kind of have to agree with her... esp. now after the lift and larger wheels/ tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Anzo LED headlamps and Mishimoto LED fog lights, MOPAR black grille insert kit and black bumper appliqués... @Metalcloak front bumper and skid plate as well as quake smoked sequential LED DRL/ turn signals coming soon!

12545FE3-55FB-4BC1-9ED3-C28801C5B41A.jpeg

195605E1-EBC4-43FD-A449-554B3145A987.jpeg

Headlamps initially flickered but Superchips Flashcal took care of that. Also pictured Weathertech bug deflector but I will be replacing this with AVS Aeroskin II with the new hood.

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I bought some GearAmerica Mega Shackles and isolators during the Labor Day sale to put on the @Metalcloak bumper once it arrives and I have to say... these are the most solid, well-finished D-rings I have ever seen. I feel like they could charge way more for these beefy bastards

A6E62585-4EBD-4BA2-A257-CA2F6A977B3B.jpeg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I bought some GearAmerica Mega Shackles and isolators during the Labor Day sale to put on the @Metalcloak bumper once it arrives and I have to say... these are the most solid, well-finished D-rings I have ever seen. I feel like they could charge way more for these beefy bastards

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L A6E62585-4EBD-4BA2-A257-CA2F6A977B3B
Don't give them any ideas!

(and LOL at your medi-alert braclet engraving!)

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
My wife finds the steps too small and in an awkward spot when exiting. I kind of have to agree with her... esp. now after the lift and larger wheels/ tires.
I've got the same steps... except my problem with them is rust, mainly on the welds for the steps
I'll replace mine in a year or two with something aluminum methinks

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I've got the same steps... except my problem with them is rust, mainly on the welds for the steps
I'll replace mine in a year or two with something aluminum methinks
I have noticed some surface rust as well. To be fair, they aren’t terribly expensive side steps.

Do you have anything in mind? Let me know if you’ve seen some comparable options.. I don’t think I’ve seen anything aluminum. I was looking at the Go Rhino RB20 with steps because they have a full side step for getting out and the two additional steps for getting in — don’t think they are aluminum though. Maybe buying SS hardware prior to install will help?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I have noticed some surface rust as well. To be fair, they aren’t terribly expensive side steps.
yup agreed, and I've got a decent paint to use on them so I'll probably spray paint in the spring time to give it a fresh non-rust look

Do you have anything in mind? Let me know if you’ve seen some comparable options.. I don’t think I’ve seen anything aluminum. I was looking at the Go Rhino RB20 with steps because they have a full side step for getting out and the two additional steps for getting in — don’t think they are aluminum though. Maybe buying SS hardware prior to install will help?
no, nothing targeted as of yet, which is why i'm waiting a couple years to see if anything surfaces for purchase, really like the drop step look rather than a running board

johnvictor

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I don’t like how short the bed is (5’), or really how it looks, but that’s a personal preference of course. i also feel like it’s a truck built for car people if that makes sense. the engine isn’t too too powerful (3.6L v6). i think the jeep is for people who like the look of trucks but don’t necessarily want or need all the extra power that comes with them. so if that’s you, i’d say go for it but if you want it to do work i wouldn’t, and there’s also the enormous price tag to consider.
Sponsored