Camping with your Gladiator

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Looking for a very rough idea- what does it cost to get involved with the tent on your truck thing? ( coming from a guy who camps in his back yard once a summer for his kid). I know I need a rack to start and special tonneau to be workable with the rack. I’ll probably never do it but I’m curious.
thanks in advance and take it easy on me!
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for a very rough idea- what does it cost to get involved with the tent on your truck thing? ( coming from a guy who camps in his back yard once a summer for his kid). I know I need a rack to start and special tonneau to be workable with the rack. I’ll probably never do it but I’m curious.
thanks in advance and take it easy on me!
Might I suggest a tent trailer... I built mine and absolutely love it. No need to break the tent down to go to town for supplies, or to go wheeling. Just unhitch and go. I had a small 4x8 trailer and built the rack and "halo" out of 2x2 steel. Added some lights and awnings (from a guy on FB marketplace) and away we went. I probably have about $300-$400 in materials (not including the tent and awnings)... Just food for thought.

KIMG1897.JPG

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Was really fun camping in the sand on the outer Banks

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator KIMG1897.JPG
How did the Gladiator do pulling the trailer on the sand? I've got a trip planned for Cape Lookout the first of October and will be pulling an adventure trailer.

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Might I suggest a tent trailer... I built mine and absolutely love it. No need to break the tent down to go to town for supplies, or to go wheeling. Just unhitch and go. I had a small 4x8 trailer and built the rack and "halo" out of 2x2 steel. Added some lights and awnings (from a guy on FB marketplace) and away we went. I probably have about $300-$400 in materials (not including the tent and awnings)... Just food for thought.

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator KIMG1897.JPG
What is the base trailer you started the build with? ANd is that a pull out ramp at the back?

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
What is the base trailer you started the build with? ANd is that a pull out ramp at the back?
I believe it is is a MGS trailer. I'd have to look when I get home to be sure. And yes, the floor of the trailer is a 4x8 pull-out ramp, which was originally intended to go inside a standard pickup bed. I pull it partially out and use it for off-the-ground storage. I also designed the trailer to be convertible back to a regular trailer by removing 4 pins on the uprights, for hauling quads, bikes, or whatever.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Salt Springs, FL a couple weeks ago...

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator E900F3C0-4546-4375-AC34-DA5B273BE420

OP
OP
TJDave

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Double trouble. 2 Holiday Ramblers and 2 Gladiators. Heading to a trail cleanup event.
20200918_100329.jpg

Sponsored