First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Retired helicopter pilot / test pilot / accident investigator
I have a Steel Bumper from one of my JL Rubicons and wasn't to mount it on the Mojave. I understand there is a fitment issue due to the Mojave Skid Plate placement because of the Shock Reservoir. Can anyone weigh-in here?
The Mojave skid plate is unique in that it doesn't attach to the bumper with 5 screws like the one from the steel bumper group. It mounts to the frame using attachment brackets and four bolts.

I had to modify the mounts to make it fit when I installed a Warn Elite bumper that was supposed tp work with the steel skid plate. I'm trying to find the time to do an install post on that because it was a pain.

But here's a picture of how I spaced mine down.
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club Ia8nGjYMS4OGPhqn%o7Nc
Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Happy to be here with my Mojave brothers.

I've just mounted Black Rhino Armory Wheels wrapped in 35" Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 Tires.

I have a Steel Bumper from one of my JL Rubicons and wasn't to mount it on the Mojave. I understand there is a fitment issue due to the Mojave Skid Plate placement because of the Shock Reservoir. Can anyone weigh-in here?

I am planning to mount my ARB Dual Air Compressor in the bed. What experience with Molle Storage Panels can anyone share?

I am also thinking about changing my paint matching Fenders and going black. This makes more sense to me offroad and on the trail. I'm thinking about the Rugged Ridge Max Clearance or a set of Mopar High Clearance.

Very nice!
I am considering doing the rubicon steel bumper swap once my mojave is finally delivered too! This thread has a nice description of how others have made this work
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-mopar-steel-bumper.32427/page-4#post-563180

I have also been playing with the idea of the rock hard aluminum bumpers to keep the front-end weight down and still get a winch on there (roughly the same price as a rubi bumper plus winch plate) https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90245.htm

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
The Mojave skid plate is unique in that it doesn't attach to the bumper with 5 screws like the one from the steel bumper group. It mounts to the frame using attachment brackets and four bolts.

I had to modify the mounts to make it fit when I installed a Warn Elite bumper that was supposed tp work with the steel skid plate. I'm trying to find the time to do an install post on that because it was a pain.

But here's a picture of how I spaced mine down.
Did drill new holes in the skid plate?

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Very nice!
I am considering doing the rubicon steel bumper swap once my mojave is finally delivered too! This thread has a nice description of how others have made this work
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-mopar-steel-bumper.32427/page-4#post-563180

I have also been playing with the idea of the rock hard aluminum bumpers to keep the front-end weight down and still get a winch on there (roughly the same price as a rubi bumper plus winch plate) https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90245.htm
Thank you for the links. To my surprise, the stock bumper is growing on me. The main reason I want to mount the steel bumper is added bumper lights and stubby look. Especially with bigger tires.

Eherbaugh

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired USCG
I just wanted show all my fellow Mojave owners what I have done and what may needed and what to expect with these mods!! I perform all work on all of my vehicles. So if anyone may have any questions I am more than willing to provide my thoughts.

Not fully done yet but here it is as of now. 1.5” teraflex spacer, 1.5” Rubicon Express shock relocation brackets, rear 3/4” daystar, 35” patriot MT, warn wheels.
I still need to install the 1.5” Fatbobs garage rear spacer and Iron Rock shock relocation brackets along with long front LCA’s from the Mopar 2” lift kit.

Also awaiting for my adjustable track bar. The axle shifted 7/8” to driverside, so it is needed.

I also had to adjust the steering wheel, it required 1/3 of a turn counter clockwise in order to recenter the wheel.

Lastly I measured the Toe Angle and it’s just shy of 1/8”. Toe in angle should be between 1/16” to 1/8”. So I did not have to adjust. I’m sure my caster is a little off but will be fixed by the longer LCA’s.

The shock relocation brackets require the mounting hole to the factory location made bigger. This is only with the Mojave as the factory brackets are bigger and the shock mounting bolts are bigger. I utilized a step bit to do this.

I had issues with the TPMS sensors I bought so opted to just use valve stems.

I highly recomend that everyone buy the JScan cable and transmitter. I was able to turn off TPMS on the dash. Also changed the tire size setting. This resulted in the speedometer being 100% accurate with my phones GPS.

75297CBB-8835-4BE7-B332-67812D227A9C.jpeg

Sponsored

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
FULL WHITE JEEP :involve:, looks like a Creamsicle. Haha.
Yeah, in the pics the seats look almost white - they’re actually a light grey. After an all black JKR in hot SW Florida, the white works for me. You gotta point with the orange accents, though

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Yeah, in the pics the seats look almost white - they’re actually a light grey. After an all black JKR in hot SW Florida, the white works for me. You gotta point with the orange accents, though
I love the Mojave's Orange Accents and that Light Gray leather. It's definitely a great combination, I kind of wish they did a full Orange dash though. :CWL:

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put my Mojave to work last week, and completed the western loop of the Trans America Trail. Over 2400 miles total, and over 2000 miles off road. I'm real happy with the way the Mojave worked. Here are a few pictures from along the way.

Death Canyon, UT
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club TAT Day 3

Devils Playground, northwest UT
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club TAT Day 4 - 1

Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club TAT Day 6 - 7

Craters of the Moon National Preserve, Idaho
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club TAT Day 7

Teton Mountains, Wyoming
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club TAT Day 8 - 1

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I put my Mojave to work last week, and completed the western loop of the Trans America Trail. Over 2400 miles total, and over 2000 miles off road. I'm real happy with the way the Mojave worked. Here are a few pictures from along the way.

Death Canyon, UT

Teton Mountains, Wyoming
Did you open her up and test for speed, shocks, and rigidity?

Sponsored

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Great pictures!

Death Canyon, UT

Teton Mountains, Wyoming

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you open her up and test for speed, shocks, and rigidity?
Based on the number of other vehicles that I caught up to and passed in 2000 miles (dozens), compared to the number of other vehicles that caught up to and passed me in 2000 miles (zero), I would suspect that my pace is a little faster than most. The ride is super smooth over small chop, but you will blow through your suspension travel in nothing flat with bigger impacts. That's what the hydraulic bumps are for, right? Those fancy hydraulic bump stops have been used thousands of times so far. The Jeep is still super tight, solid feeling, and has had no drivetrain, steering, or suspension problems at all. The only problem I had was one of the latches that hold the back edge of the removable freedom top kept vibrating open when driving over countless miles of washboard roads. I had to reach up and re-latch it about 6 to 10 times a day. I'll tighten it with a wrench tomorrow, which should fix it.

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Greetings everyone. I picked up my 2020 Mojave a week ago, after test-driving several trucks and Jeeps of different trim levels. I thought I wanted a JT Rubicon or Ford Raptor, but I liked how the Mojave felt more planted and less loose than the other two. The Raptor was quicker, but I don't really care about going fast in my trucks. Jeep interior is much better than the Ford.

Options on my Mojave: LED's, Black leather, Black hardtop, Bedliner, 8.4 Stereo, Automatic, Tow Package, Remote Start, Proximity Keyless Entry. MSRP $54,935, but I got it for invoice.

Did a few minor enhancements already. 67 Designs / TackForm phone holders, Rugged Ridge tonneau, stubby antenna, Rugged Ridge door sill guards

Will be ordering Forgeline 17x9 wheels and 35x12.5 tires soon.

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 001sm

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club phone-holder2

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club rugged-ridge-armis-tonneau

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Based on the number of other vehicles that I caught up to and passed in 2000 miles (dozens), compared to the number of other vehicles that caught up to and passed me in 2000 miles (zero), I would suspect that my pace is a little faster than most. The ride is super smooth over small chop, but you will blow through your suspension travel in nothing flat with bigger impacts. That's what the hydraulic bumps are for, right? Those fancy hydraulic bump stops have been used thousands of times so far. The Jeep is still super tight, solid feeling, and has had no drivetrain, steering, or suspension problems at all. The only problem I had was one of the latches that hold the back edge of the removable freedom top kept vibrating open when driving over countless miles of washboard roads. I had to reach up and re-latch it about 6 to 10 times a day. I'll tighten it with a wrench tomorrow, which should fix it.
Great report. I added 35s and wondering how that’s going to affect shock travel. It’s becoming clear the Mojave isn’t meant for larger tires. The shocks are a limiting factor many hadn’t considered. But about right for what you took on.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I just bought MOHAVE take-off rock rails for my sport S for short money on Craigslist. Are these wider than what comes with the rubicon? I’m wondering if it’s going to look silly with my stock suspension and Sport S wheels. Rubi or Mohave take off wheels are on my list but I have yet to find a set nearby
Sponsored