Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
I don’t like how short the bed is (5’), or really how it looks, but that’s a personal preference of course. i also feel like it’s a truck built for car people if that makes sense. the engine isn’t too too powerful (3.6L v6). i think the jeep is for people who like the look of trucks but don’t necessarily want or need all the extra power that comes with them. so if that’s you, i’d say go for it but if you want it to do work i wouldn’t, and there’s also the enormous price tag to consider.
(Pssst I already bought it)
I think it’s more of a truck built for Jeep people. It’s no different than a Ranger or a Tacoma. SUV’s have different sizes as well. Not everyone needs a super duty dually. I’m not drag racing or hauling a 16’ trailer full of rocks so why do I need much more power than what it offers? My wife wanted a Jeep and we needed a truck to haul stuff occasionally. My dad used to wheel so it is something we can bond over. I also missed my previous Jeep (a 1975 CJ5) and I missed tinkering with cars generally so it ticks literally every box off for me quite nicely!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Added all the Steer Smarts parts: adjustable track bar, drag link with attenuator, tie rod assembly, stabilizer relocation kit, stabilizer. Waiting to add the stickers to the track bar, Griffin attenuator, and the HD-N stabilizer until after alignment (scheduled for Wednesday)

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L 0CC1722E-51AA-42D4-8EC3-1FE2DEFA0E0C

Update: interesting note here — went to pick up the Jeep after alignment and the owner told me camber was in range for both front wheels but one was slightly positive and one was slightly negative. He did acknowledge Jeep says camber is not adjustable but that is from the factory; he has seen recently (and installed) aftermarket bushings that can adjust camber on these. Just FYI!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Stock halogen DRLs/ turn signal (left) versus Quake LED DRLs / sequential turn signal (right)

50C4DFB8-539C-462E-B621-7CC3F37F57A8.jpeg

Video of sequential turn signal here:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Coverking ultisuede black/ black front seat covers fit like a $40 suit. I’ve tried multiple iterations of tucking pulling tightening, readjusting, taking off and starting over, etc. They suck. And they cost $315 just for the front seats. Returning tomorrow. $315!? Get out of here. Maybe $50. 1/10 would not recommend - just not acceptable for the price point.

Towels are free from the bathroom closet :)

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L FEE161A8-C773-4816-A5FB-B51C52505C2A

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hood painted and installed

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L 26279F51-9CB4-4EFB-86EE-EFF6D1FE5DB6

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L AE3368E1-2096-4FBE-AEAF-8CC468BF978A

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L 2010DE5F-4C94-4BFF-9188-47CC4B2D5AD7

The body shop said they had to do quite a bit of prep work for it to fit correctly. Some things were not correct - brackets for wiper fluid nozzles and the passenger side vent had two broken/ missing clips.

Also, the hood is so much heavier than the stock aluminum one that the hood struts I previously got will not hold it up! Looking for an alternative.... Update: the owner of redline tuning has been communicating with me and has already came up with a custom hood strut solution! Highly recommend them - great product and customer service!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
AVS Aeroskin II installed on hood:

For some reason this site is now telling me photos are too large to process on the server (hence the IMGUR links - same size photos previously uploaded in prior posts so I dunno!)

Hopefully new Side steps and @Metalcloak front bumper installed tomorrow!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Didn’t get a chance to put the side steps on today but I did get the @Metalcloak frame-built front bumper #2401 (w/ fixed center & skid plate) installed. I LOVE IT! Everything is top notch. I ordered a plate to cover the winch area until I get a winch (hoping the JK one works as that is what I ordered... assuming it will since these are modular). Also pictured are Gear America Mega Shackles with Isolators:

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Here is the XG Cargo magne-lock mesh sun shade installed:

s4EPtCM.jpg

5qr4K05.jpg

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Added a Bulletpoint Rubigrid to the dash as well as carbon kevlar arm and MagSafe phone holder. No complaints from my wife. All of this stuff is very well built.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator Overland 3.6L image
Sponsored