MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the pictures. Coincidence that there appears to be an orange Mustang in the background?
No coincidence, I just thought it was funny to include it, I originally was trying to get a Pun’Kin Orange JT, to match my Mustang but couldn’t find anything near me in Orange so I settled for the orange accents (the Mojave trim) :CWL:
Sponsored

B2TB

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 1934 Dodge Brothers Sedan, 2013 HDMC
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been searching for a color match for the flat orange paint on the tow hooks. I ordered orange shackles to put on the receiver hitch. It wasn't even close! Has anyone found a suitable spray paint?

Tow hook.jpg
The closest color I found is the Chrysler Hemi Orange. Daytime picture is attached. I sprayed two coats on the white pole.
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club EB98D8B7-1974-41A8-9119-4D5E08E111D4

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I went by the local Jeep dealer today. I checked in the parts department and they told me that they do not sell touch up paint for the Mojave tow hooks.
JTM-Guy found Testors Gloss Competition Orange that looks close. I may get a can of that and a can of Chrysler Hemi Orange and see which is closer. Thanks for the input.

TD3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara two door
Occupation
College baseball coach/retired police officer
Just my opinion, but if your major requirement is towing, then for sure get the max tow. The Mojave might not be right for your needs.
Thanks guys I appreciate the input sounds like I better lean towards a Rubicon

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I went and bought a can of Testors gloss Competition Orange and a can of Dupli-Color Chrysler hemi Orange DE1652. I sprayed a piece of square tubing I had at the house. All of the colors were sprayed with Krylon flat crystal clear afterwards to try to approximate the finish on the hooks.
The first picture is the Dupli-Color Chrysler hemi Orange. The second picture is the tester's competition orange. For the third picture I sprayed bed liner and then covered it with the gloss competition Orange to try to simulate the texture of the hooks.

The eye is much better than the camera on my phone. The competition orange sprayed over the bed line looks the most similar, not exact, but close.

IMG_20201004_165458.jpg

IMG_20201004_165511.jpg

IMG_20201004_165534.jpg

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
This is a very good video comparing the Mojave and Rubicon in terms of clearance.

It answers many questions and actually puts the Mojave in a more favorable light than many of us were thinking:

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
This is a very good video comparing the Mojave and Rubicon in terms of clearance.

It answers many questions and actually puts the Mojave in a more favorable light than many of us were thinking:
Sweet. Love the Top Gear-esque leader board lol

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Happy to be here with my Mojave brothers.

I've just mounted Black Rhino Armory Wheels wrapped in 35" Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 Tires.

I have a Steel Bumper from one of my JL Rubicons and wasn't to mount it on the Mojave. I understand there is a fitment issue due to the Mojave Skid Plate placement because of the Shock Reservoir. Can anyone weigh-in here?

I am planning to mount my ARB Dual Air Compressor in the bed. What experience with Molle Storage Panels can anyone share?

I am also thinking about changing my paint matching Fenders and going black. This makes more sense to me offroad and on the trail. I'm thinking about the Rugged Ridge Max Clearance or a set of Mopar High Clearance.

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club IMG_20201004_165534

Any clearance issues with the stock Mojave setup? - the more I See 35s and 37s on these JTs I want to swap out my tires.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Mojave comes with about 1"-1.5" more clearance than a Rubicon. Rubicon's (JTs [Gladiators] and JLs) already come with plenty of clearance to accommodate 35" tires due to the upgraded suspension components and high clearance fenders. So, you can mount 35's with absolutely no concern. I am seeing many Mojave JTs here in Georgia on 37s and no one is reporting issues.

Mind you... With the unique Mojave bump stop configuration you have very different travel characteristics. This is meant for higher speed over rough terrain. It's hard for me to imagine rough enough terrain that would tax clearance for a Mojave on 35s or 37s. This edition is not meant for big rocks. It defeats the entire purpose of the configuration - which is meant more for "chase vehicle" and Overlanding type purposes.

I'll add that I THINK many Mojave buyers are not aware of most of this when they leave the dealer lot. The suspension and related components are about $3k to $5k in upgrade over a JT Overland or Rubicon. If you were thinking about adding bigger coil springs and adjustable control arms then you start to significantly alter the characteristics of the Mojave.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
The Mojave comes with about 1" -1.5" more clearance than a Rubicon. Rubicon's (JTs [Gladiators] and JLs) already come with plenty of clearance to accommodate 35" tires due to the upgraded suspension components and high clearance fenders. So, you can mount 35's with absolutely no concern. I am seeing many Mojave JTs here in Georgia on 37s and no one is reporting issues.

Mind you... With the unique Mojave bump stop configuration you have very different travel characteristics. This is meant for higher speed over rough terrain. It's hard for me to imagine rough enough terrain that would tax clearance for a Mojave on 35s or 37s. This edition is not meant for big rocks. It defeats the entire purpose of the configuration - which is meant more for "chase vehicle" and Overlanding type purposes.

I'll add that I THINK many Mojave buyers are not aware of most of this when they leave the dealer lot. The suspension and related components are about $3k to 5k in upgrade over a JT Overland or Rubicon. If you were thinking about adding bigger coil springs and adjustable control arms then you start to significantly alter the characteristics of the Mojave.
Thanks for the information! Yes you are correct, I bought the Mojave because I got a good deal on mine, I was originally looking at an Overland, but loved the hood and the bigger tires/stance of the Mojave, I actually didn’t even know it was lifted and the suspension until I came home and started doing research about it, I know that sounds bad lol. My Mojave has everything I needed/wanted coming from a wrangler, except I wanted the orange color. Looking back, I’m glad I got the Mojave over the overland (no pun intended) I know I would have spent money into aftermarket parts. Right now (with the exception of tint, door sill protection, and sun shade mesh), I just put gas and go! :rock:

Last edited:

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the information! Yes you are correct, I bought the Mojave because I got a good deal on mine, I was originally looking at an Overland, but loved the hood and the bigger tires/stance of the Mojave, I actually didn’t even know it was lifted and the suspension until I came home and started doing research about it, I know that sounds bad lol. My Mojave has everything I needed/wanted coming from a wrangler, except I wanted the orange color. Looking back, I’m glad I got the Mojave over the overland (no pun intended) I know I would have spent money into aftermarket parts. Right now (with the execution of tint, door sill protection, and sun shade mesh), I just put gas and go! :rock:
Jeep Wave, man.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
After meeting with the powder coater, we both agree the best color match powder is Prismatic Powder Flat Just Orange. I will post some pictures when everything is put together.

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I'm curious to see how it turns out. I found this website that will mix that color in a spray can. Unfortunately, as expected, it's fairly expensive. The can is $10 and a $20 batch fee

Screenshot_20201007_173136_com.android.chrome.jpg

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
For some reason, I want to see someone paint a Mojave dash matte Orange. Like the "Redical" Rubicon dash, just Orange. I have a feeling that'll look good with the Mojave.
Sponsored