Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
That last one is killer! Nicely done. Did you light paint with a flashlight or use a off camera flash?
I have a small LED panel that I use to light my foregrounds for those types of shots. Getting a good Milky Way shot of both the truck and the trailer is difficult. You have to use a really wide angle lens to get everything in the shot (without doing a panoramic) and that often distorts the part of the image (the front of the truck in that photo). Lighting it all evenly is also not the easiest. That shot above was a single exposure.

For larger scenes I'll often have to light different parts of the image in different shots and then blend them together in post. This shot was done that way using two of the little LED panels:

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Glamour Shots GrandmaGoesCamping-2

One shot had both lights in the RTT on the trailer and then I did another shot where I added the little bit of light to the back of the truck. The rest of the light in the image came from the small propane fire pit I had, turned down as low as it would go. In all of my Milky Way shots I always expose for it and then light everything else to get what I want.

This shot from the same trip as the image above was also shot and blended together:

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Glamour Shots HuntingNEOWISE-Barn

I've picked up a 3rd LED panel now, so these should get easier to do. I have a photo project in mind where I want to light up an entire ghost town like this barn image, but I need a bunch of LED panels for that!

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a small LED panel that I use to light my foregrounds for those types of shots. Getting a good Milky Way shot of both the truck and the trailer is difficult. You have to use a really wide angle lens to get everything in the shot (without doing a panoramic) and that often distorts the part of the image (the front of the truck in that photo). Lighting it all evenly is also not the easiest. That shot above was a single exposure.

For larger scenes I'll often have to light different parts of the image in different shots and then blend them together in post. This shot was done that way using two of the little LED panels:

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Glamour Shots ..., (2)

One shot had both lights in the RTT on the trailer and then I did another shot where I added the little bit of light to the back of the truck. The rest of the light in the image came from the small propane fire pit I had, turned down as low as it would go. In all of my Milky Way shots I always expose for it and then light everything else to get what I want.

This shot from the same trip as the image above was also shot and blended together:

I've picked up a 3rd LED panel now, so these should get easier to do. I have a photo project in mind where I want to light up an entire ghost town like this barn image, but I need a bunch of LED panels for that!
What kind of led panels are you using?

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

can you provide an equipment list and or software?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Currently waiting for this egg to hatch...

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Glamour Shots 46DE01E0-6C06-459D-9A5E-175CD2CE586E