Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of led panels are you using?
This is the LED panels that I've been using for the last 5 years:

The new one I bought is this one. I've not done a shoot with it, but it should work just as well at a 1/5 of the cost. I can't speak to longevity for it though.

can you provide an equipment list and or software?
I shoot with Canon DSLR cameras and mostly Canon L glass. For post processing I use Adobe Lightroom and blend lighting exposures in Adobe Photoshop.

Just about any camera with a good quality fast lens (f2.8 or better is what you really want) will get you these types of shots and just about any editing software can handle the post work. It is more about knowing how to capture the image and then what to do with it than it is with the gear involved.
Sponsored

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
This is the LED panels that I've been using for the last 5 years:

The new one I bought is this one. I've not done a shoot with it, but it should work just as well at a 1/5 of the cost. I can't speak to longevity for it though.

I shoot with Canon DSLR cameras and mostly Canon L glass. For post processing I use Adobe Lightroom and blend lighting exposures in Adobe Photoshop.

Just about any camera with a good quality fast lens (f2.8 or better is what you really want) will get you these types of shots and just about any editing software can handle the post work. It is more about knowing how to capture the image and then what to do with it than it is with the gear involved.
Still working on figuring this out. This is my last attempt of getting a star shot. Sounds like you do multiple exposures then merging them? Can't get the milky way to pop like in yours.... I'm pretty far north too, so not sure if it's just my limited view of the milky way.

StarLight.jpg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
It is more about knowing how to capture the image and then what to do with it than it is with the gear involved.
Damn. Well, then I'm out! ;)

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Still working on figuring this out. This is my last attempt of getting a star shot. Sounds like you do multiple exposures then merging them? Can't get the milky way to pop like in yours.... I'm pretty far north too, so not sure if it's just my limited view of the milky way.
Sorry if I was not clear before. For the Milky Way photos I am not taking multiple images and merging them. If I light a larger foreground subject in one of those shots, I merge the lit areas of the images. I never do multiple exposures to capture the MW (you can do it that way, I just don't). Getting the MW to really pop requires you to 1) capture the core in your image, 2) have the darkest skies you can get, and 3) post process it correctly to pull the details out.

In the image you posted, it looks like you just caught the "tail" of the MW which is really hard to really make pop. There is just not a lot there to work with.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
damn, so many nice looking JTs, so sad that Gobi and Gator are discontinued, some of the best featured here are those colors.

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
Not really a Glam shot But, my wife just closed on her slightly used Loaded Launch Edition. We had her JKU’s shoes installed since the 35” BFGs were brand new She loves it!
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Glamour Shots D3D3A11D-0858-4BEF-B752-0A6E0D847B8B

Sponsored