Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Yes, I love my Gladiator.

I drove 250 highway and backcountry miles yesterday and today I feel like I pulled a muscle in my mid-back. I’m 5’9” and 165lbs, in good shape, workout regularly.

my Jeep isn’t lifted and I’m running stock tires.

I’ve never had this problem with other vehicles. I wonder if the vibrations from the ride are causing this.

On a separate note, I’m averaging 31 mpg after 1,700 miles.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had the same probably after a road trip and I needed to adjust the seat better and the last two trips I have been ok.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
It’s come up by a handful of owners. The majority of people seem to like the seats.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

I drove 250 highway and backcountry miles yesterday and today I feel like I pulled a muscle in my mid-back. I’m 5’9” and 165lbs, in good shape, workout regularly.

I’ve never had this problem with other vehicles. I wonder if the vibrations from the ride are causing this.

I find the seats to be very comfortable but call question to your mpg’s. I have seen people get over 20 mpg on all highway but over 30?? Is yours a diesel?

Backwoodsraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jts
None here, but ive always enjoyed jeeps seats.

Side note: had a 16 taco, short trips caused back pains. thats a bad seat

Sponsored

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
Recently did a 1,550 mile round trip towing a trailer. Much to my surprise I had no back pain. I have a bad back and it almost always hurts. I do have the Desert Does it seat jackers to give the front of the seat some lift.

I really expected to have some major discomfort when we arrived at the track. Especially since I spent the previous day loading everything up.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Ah well that makes more sense. Great to hear you are getting great gas mileage. I am jealous and wish for half that mpg every tank.
You're getting less than city rated mileage every trip? What are you doing? Lol.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase

That is more than 10 mpg better, 22 gall x 10 is 220 more miles on a tank, impressive.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
You're getting less than city rated mileage every trip? What are you doing? Lol.
Well I would guess 37” tires, 4” lift heavy bumpers and a heavy foot on 4.88 gears all contribute to bad mileage. I have accomplished 18-19 mpg on a road trip keeping the speed at about 60-65.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Well I would guess 37” tires, 4” lift heavy bumpers and a heavy foot on 4.88 gears all contribute to bad mileage. I have accomplished 18-19 mpg on a road trip keeping the speed at about 60-65.
Ah, yes that would do it. At least you're having fun.

OP
OP
Advguy

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
That is more than 10 mpg better, 22 gall x 10 is 220 more miles on a tank, impressive.
Actually, the diesel fuel tank is only 18 gallons (b/c of the def tank). But yes, the fuel economy is excellent so far.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There's a whole other thread on these seats and backs, isn't there?
I have a bad back caused by decades of lifting and labor and leaning over fenders lifting heads and intakes, baling hay and so on. Too much curve, pinched nerves, discs deteriorating.

Of all of my vehicles, new and old, current and past, this is among the most comfortable one I've had. Only my Javelins sit better (and I sold one of them)
I can drive for HOURS and not have any back pain. In fact, I find after buying this thing my back doesn't hurt as often.
Drove hours to Omaha, hours to Spirit Lake, and from home to Fort Wayne (a looong day) and never felt uncomfortable.
I am 5' 7" and 200 pounds, about 25 overweight. (and the doc and my wife keep reminding me of that)
Sponsored