First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
Just thought i would post some pics as i recently completed the modification to merge a Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar with my DiamondBack HD. The modification as you can guess was mostly on the Roll Bar and included shortening the support strut and base by about 4" so it fitted front lid of the Diamondback. Of course then the top rack arms needed to be extended. The most extensive modifications were on the base mount. This involved cutting and shutting the ends as well as adding a piece to fill the overhang and act like a saddle. I made efforts to profile the base so it mirrored the profile of the fender angles as much as possible. I did double the lbs on the gas strut on the Diamondback so that it could handle the additional weight of the roll bar. I was happy with the overall outcome. The advantage of laying the Blackhorse roll bar with bas on the Diamondback was that it raised the overall bar geometry, I liked this as it mean it cleared the rear window vision completely and mean that the bars matched up with the roof rack heights, allowing me to extend overhead support easily. I also laid on L-Track on the deck of the DiamondBack and the upper rack so i can easily mount bike racks etc. Both the Diamondback and the Blackhorse Atlas bars are products i would recommend them both. The Diamondback is definitely specifically made for the Gladiator so all dimensions fit really well. Feel free to ping me with any questions if you are thinking of doing the same. I can post pics of the bike rack fixed on (used a Swagman Roof upright as base for modification) also planning to make it so i can attach the upper basket rack on to the rear lid as additional versatility and will attach pics once o get around to making the brackets that marry up to the L-Track.
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined total shot
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined BlackDiamond Back Up Beach
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined Profile Shot
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined BlackDiamond U
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined BlackDiamond Back U
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined Doors Off
Jeep Gladiator Blackhorse Atlas Roll Bar and Diamondback combined Front and Back u
Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1931 Model A, 1999 Evo Chopper.
Thanks for sharing. I have been looking at this rack along with a few others. Nice job on the mounting.

Krafty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
Hello Ian,
I am looking forward to more specifics of how exactly you completed this mod with your gladiator. I have ordered the Blackhorse Atlas and the Black Diamond HD as well. I am looking to do exactly what yo have done here in the near future. I do have a few questions and was hoping you can help with illustrations and or a more detailed description.
Shortening the support strut and base by about 4" so it fitted front lid of the Diamondback? 2inches on each side? Top rack arms needed to be extended?.
The base mount. This involved cutting and shutting the ends as well as adding a piece to fill the overhang and act like a saddle. I made efforts to profile the base so it mirrored the profile of the fender angles as much as possible. doubled the lbs on the gas strut?

I would apprecaite any more specifics you may have to offer. I am lookingforward to completing this in the same fashion as you did with the pictures you posted. Good job
Sponsored