Sponsored

Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires!

dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Occupation
Sales Manager
šŸ¤© was re gearing necessary?
it wasnā€™t ā€œnecessaryā€, but dependent on where you live it wouldnā€™t be a bad idea. Iā€™m down on flat land in Louisiana, so finding 7th and 8th(sometimes) isnā€™t too much of a chore. If I lived near mountains I would definitely regear. The loss on takeoff isnā€™t that bad, but itā€™s noticeable. I donā€™t plan on a regear yet, but itā€™s an upgrade for down the line.

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
it wasnā€™t ā€œnecessaryā€, but dependent on where you live it wouldnā€™t be a bad idea. Iā€™m down on flat land in Louisiana, so finding 7th and 8th(sometimes) isnā€™t too much of a chore. If I lived near mountains I would definitely regear. The loss on takeoff isnā€™t that bad, but itā€™s noticeable. I donā€™t plan on a regear yet, but itā€™s an upgrade for down the line.
Iā€™m interested in what folks here would suggest the gearing should be for 37x13.50ā€˜s on Rubicon Gladiator with V6 gas and auto trans. With the stock gears, rarely do I get into 8th for any duration on the highway, unless very flat or small downhill gradient. Also, plan on playing some off-road, but most likely nothing extreme ... more easy to intermediate type trails ... at least for now. ;-).

Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
Iā€™m interested in what folks here would suggest the gearing should be for 37x13.50ā€˜s on Rubicon Gladiator with V6 gas and auto trans. With the stock gears, rarely do I get into 8th for any duration on the highway, unless very flat or small downhill gradient. Also, plan on playing some off-road, but most likely nothing extreme ... more easy to intermediate type trails ... at least for now. ;-).
Im regearing to 488s with 37s on my Sport. I had a JLUR on 37s and would have regeared as well, even living here in Florida. Getting into 7/8th gear isn't the reasoning. Regearing puts the shift points and torque curve back in sync, as well as, make it much easier to accelerate and maintain speeds. Highly recommend spending the 1500 to regear

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im regearing to 488s with 37s on my Sport. I had a JLUR on 37s and would have regeared as well, even living here in Florida. Getting into 7/8th gear isn't the reasoning. Regearing puts the shift points and torque curve back in sync, as well as, make it much easier to accelerate and maintain speeds. Highly recommend spending the 1500 to regear
Appreciate the input.

Sponsored

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the Pats? THinking of getting them for my JTRD.
I run the same size on 20ā€ wheels and a 3 1/2ā€ Metalcloak Game Changer lift. Took a while to get them balanced correctly. Tried balance beads first but recommended amount of beads would not balance, so had them removed and balanced with tape weights. Took quite a bit more weight than I expected to get them balanced. Once I got them balanced theyā€™ve been fine, at least on the road as I havenā€™t done any hard core off road. I run them around 37 lbs, pretty smooth ride. Have 3-4K miles on them and donā€™t even think about initial balancing issues any more. That said, Iā€™ll look at others that may be better balanced off the shelf next time, then decide.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Clayton 3.5ā€ Oveland plus kit
17x9 KMC RG2
38x13.50 Patagonia

Jeep Gladiator Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires! F9021CC5-2CDE-40D3-AF9C-C66A1CFE2467
Jeep Gladiator Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires! F9021CC5-2CDE-40D3-AF9C-C66A1CFE2467
New member here - longtime lurker though... I love the polished look. A few weeks ago I ordered a billet silver rubicon and am having the dealer install the mopar 2 inch lift with polished pro comp series 69s in 35x12.5-17. I'm not quite ready for anything larger than 35s. Your ride looks great!
Sponsored