RSI Smartcap

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Great news everyone. RSI announced the EVOa ("a" is for adventure). Basically a modular RLD. Solid gullwing doors with MOLLE panels. If you have FOMO, time to trade-up. I probably would have ordered that one instead of the one I got.
Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Great news everyone. RSI announced the EVOa ("a" is for adventure). Basically a modular RLD. Solid gullwing doors with MOLLE panels. If you have FOMO, time to trade-up. I probably would have ordered that one instead of the one I got.
Man, talk about a clutch post. I had an EVO Sport on order but it hasn't shipped yet. Talked to Andy at Offroad Alliance and switched the to EVOa which is exactly what I need/want. It's actually a trade-down as it is $200 cheaper than the Sport. Thanks again!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
if you were closer to South Carolina I would buy yours So you could get the Evoa. If not for wanting the glass doors, I would just order an AluCab and have it in a couple of weeks.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What is the difference between the two? Looking at their website I really cannot tell a difference. Maybe RSI can respond and explain the difference?

Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
^All stainless steel doors (double-walled) in place of doors with glass windows. The rear window is the same I believe. Plus the molle panels.

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
^All stainless steel doors (double-walled) in place of doors with glass windows. The rear window is the same I believe. Plus the molle panels.
What I want to know is if my glass breaks from a rock or something, can I replace it with the steel door? @RSI North America Inc Please say yes.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Well hello JeepGladiatorForum!

I think a lot of you already know us and we already know quite a few of you. But we're excited to be here and will do our best to help!

Looking to get a new RSI Smartcap? Need help with your cap? Have general questions? We're happy to assist even if you didn't purchase it through us.

PH - 888-466-8991
Interwebs - OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Or you can shoot me a PM or email [email protected]

Now, check out our personal Gladiator with the SmartCap installed! Love this thing.

X644mI1.jpg

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap {filename}

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap {filename}

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that the other day, and I'm honestly a bit bummed. I definitely would have ordered that. And it's $100 cheaper than the original. I wonder if just the doors can be swapped in instead of pulling off the entire left/right panels. If they're priced decently, I'd consider swapping mine out.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
I saw that the other day, and I'm honestly a bit bummed. I definitely would have ordered that. And it's $100 cheaper than the original. I wonder if just the doors can be swapped in instead of pulling off the entire left/right panels. If they're priced decently, I'd consider swapping mine out.
Too bad they were not upfront about planning to do this when they were asked multiple times and said the only option was going to be the EVOc

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad they were not upfront about planning to do this when they were asked multiple times and said the only option was going to be the EVOc
They honestly may have not thought about it until receiving customer feedback. Who knows. But yeah, bummed nonetheless. Still a fantastic cap, but that Adventure model would be perfect for my needs.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
They honestly may have not thought about it until receiving customer feedback. Who knows. But yeah, bummed nonetheless. Still a fantastic cap, but that Adventure model would be perfect for my needs.
But that customer feedback was given to them long before they started taking orders or shipping the current EVO caps.

it’s also called basic market research

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
What is the difference between the two? Looking at their website I really cannot tell a difference. Maybe RSI can respond and explain the difference?
You bet. The primary difference is found in the doors. We designed the EVO Sport with bonded glass Gullwing doors. For the EVOa, we went with double-walled stainless steel doors. Plus, we have mounted MOLLE panels on the backside of the doors to help you organize and stow your gear. Attached is a feature comparison matrix for our three lines of SmartCaps.

Attachments

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Well hello JeepGladiatorForum!

I think a lot of you already know us and we already know quite a few of you. But we're excited to be here and will do our best to help!

Looking to get a new RSI Smartcap? Need help with your cap? Have general questions? We're happy to assist even if you didn't purchase it through us.

PH - 888-466-8991
Interwebs - OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Or you can shoot me a PM or email [email protected]

Now, check out our personal Gladiator with the SmartCap installed! Love this thing.
Looking good! I'm sure a lot of us purchased from you guys. Andy was great at communication when ordering, waiting, and then dealing with the initial damage to my cap. It's great that you can on the forum now, welcome!

I am still waiting on a replacement rear lift gate from @RSI North America Inc since that was also damaged in shipping. Fingers crossed something can be figured out to get that heading my way soon. It's been months since I received my cap and I still can't enjoy it.

I'm very jealous of all these great looking rigs!

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You bet. The primary difference is found in the doors. We designed the EVO Sport with bonded glass Gullwing doors. For the EVOa, we went with double-walled stainless steel doors. Plus, we have mounted MOLLE panels on the backside of the doors to help you organize and stow your gear. Attached is a feature comparison matrix for our three lines of SmartCaps.
Any chance of interchangeability between those two sets of doors? The doors on the Adventure are exactly what I need, but unfortunately they weren't even on the horizon when I ordered.
Sponsored