SHOW ME YOUR WHEELS!

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Those look even better than I thought. Yours are black right? How’s the poke?
They are onyx. I kind of like the gunmetal color. There is a little bit of poke outside of the fenders. Going from stock rubicon wheels to the Aev’s though did make the truck feel more planted... hard to describe exactly but not bad. It most likely is from the additional weight from stock.
Sponsored

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Breathe Deep. Relax and Behold These Beauties. These are the Creame A La Creme Or the Best of the MF'ers you can Buy! Black Rhinos 17" with OG Centers Surrounded By Black rubber which are Made By COOPER AT3 XLT Discoverer

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Breathe Deep. Relax and Behold These Beauties. These are the Creame A La Creme Or the Best of the MF'ers you can Buy! Black Rhinos 17" with OG Centers Surrounded By Black rubber which are Made By COOPER AT3 XLT Discoverer
OTR8.jpg

Onliftwheels.jpg

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
They are onyx. I kind of like the gunmetal color. There is a little bit of poke outside of the fenders. Going from stock rubicon wheels to the Aev’s though did make the truck feel more planted... hard to describe exactly but not bad. It most likely is from the additional weight from stock.
Interesting... Good to hear. That 2nd pic, those look more black than Onyx. I really wanted that color but it was out of stock so I went with the Matte black ones. I didn't want a ton of poke. I was really torn between the AEV wheels and a few different Method wheels but I like the fact that these use OEM lugs instead of those stupid skinny ones and the bs/off set of AEV. Where did you get yours from? How long did they take to get delivered? I ordered from Northridge since they had free shipping but when I called, they said about 30 days due to AEV having to send them from the west coast to Northridge and then Northridge sending them to me... talk about in-efficient!

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting... Good to hear. That 2nd pic, those look more black than Onyx. I really wanted that color but it was out of stock so I went with the Matte black ones. I didn't want a ton of poke. I was really torn between the AEV wheels and a few different Method wheels but I like the fact that these use OEM lugs instead of those stupid skinny ones and the bs/off set of AEV. Where did you get yours from? How long did they take to get delivered? I ordered from Northridge since they had free shipping but when I called, they said about 30 days due to AEV having to send them from the west coast to Northridge and then Northridge sending them to me... talk about in-efficient!
I ordered mine straight from aev, shipping was more but I got them in four day. I would prefer to order the company straight, that way if there was an issue it could be handled at the source vs a middle man.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I ordered mine straight from aev, shipping was more but I got them in four day. I would prefer to order the company straight, that way if there was an issue it could be handled at the source vs a middle man.
I thought that too but they quoted me $200 for shipping. I only paid $65 in tax through north ridge. What tires are you running

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that too but they quoted me $200 for shipping. I only paid $65 in tax through north ridge. What tires are you running
315/70r17 bfg ko2. I got them from the dealership when they were doing the buy 3 get 1 for a dollar. Out the door was cheaper than just ordering them online and then taking them to get installed.

That’s not great on shipping. I think I paid 100 from Michigan to NC. So I don’t think aev discloses who makes the salta xr for them but they are made in Italy by a company that makes rally car wheels which leads me to believe they are evo corsa. Evo is the only other company I would want wheels from. Kind of expensive but I think you can get custom backspacing and offset. Mainline overland carries them and they seem to growing in popularity in the Toyota crowd.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
315/70r17 bfg ko2. I got them from the dealership when they were doing the buy 3 get 1 for a dollar. Out the door was cheaper than just ordering them online and then taking them to get installed.

That’s not great on shipping. I think I paid 100 from Michigan to NC. So I don’t think aev discloses who makes the salta xr for them but they are made in Italy by a company that makes rally car wheels which leads me to believe they are evo corsa. Evo is the only other company I would want wheels from. Kind of expensive but I think you can get custom backspacing and offset. Mainline overland carries them and they seem to growing in popularity in the Toyota crowd.
I work for Goodyear and they have a program to swap oe tires for GY ones. I just pay the difference in the retail of the falcons. Going with 35” duratracs.

Sponsored

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
I work for Goodyear and they have a program to swap oe tires for GY ones. I just pay the difference in the retail of the falcons. Going with 35” duratracs.
Nick, is the GY swap program available to mere mortals like me?

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nick, is the GY swap program available to mere mortals like me?
It’s for employees. I do have 4, 25% off codes I’d be happy to share. Discount includes mount/balance as well. Shoot me a PM if you’d like one but only if you do plan on ordering GY tires. I only get 4 per year to share.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
It’s for employees. I do have 4, 25% off codes I’d be happy to share. Discount includes mount/balance as well. Shoot me a PM if you’d like one but only if you do plan on ordering GY tires. I only get 4 per year to share.
That’s a generous offer! I assume only good at corporate Goodyear stores?

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s a generous offer! I assume only good at corporate Goodyear stores?
No. Good at franchise stores too. You put in your zip when shopping on the site and it shows you which stores are close.
Sponsored