First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Police Officer
I am gonna black my jeep out and I like those key hole covers for sure, but $24 is a lot for little pieces of plastic. I think I may just plasti dip them for a couple of bucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I’ve only seen one in person but it was dark, to my recollection. It’s almost a dark grey that catches light differently. Hard to notice at a glance on the sarge green too. I love that it’s subtle, personally.
Same for my Granite crystal metallic

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I read an article that said John Willys indeed pronounced his name "Willis" and intended the company to be the same way. He used to correct people but after he overheard his own workers on the production floor calling it "Willys", he gave up. It's been "Willys" ever since. 🤷‍♂️
I grew up in Toledo. Pronounced Willis. Willys Parkway is pronounced Willis too.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Hope we can still be friends after this....

20210326_102505.jpg

20210326_110317.jpg

Dont worry. They got a good home...

20210326_114100.jpg

And finally.... after a quick wash n dry

20210326_123341.jpg

Oh... and a long shot ps... to the nice fellow driving the JL topless who threw a huge wave my way as I left the car wash... my bad, caught it just a second too late.... still getting use to it.

Oddly BMW drivers don't wave at each other... I'll get the hang of it.
Can I trouble you to please post some more photos in daylight so I can get a better picture? I get mine tomorrow and can’t decide. There’s no way I buy new ones and reapply decals so it’ll be no turning back if I start. The fender badges in particular don’t look right to me. I could see the edges way to clearly for stock. They show up pretty well in the photos I took. My inclination is to lose them (except the tailgate 4wd one). I like the black trail rated badge but the decals I can take or leave.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club D877FC49-F2DC-418E-BD20-62F9E3D8EE7E

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Can I trouble you to please post some more photos in daylight so I can get a better picture? I get mine tomorrow and can’t decide. There’s no way I buy new ones and reapply decals so it’ll be no turning back if I start. The fender badges in particular don’t look right to me. I could see the edges way to clearly for stock. They show up pretty well in the photos I took. My inclination is to lose them (except the tailgate 4wd one). I like the black trail rated badge but the decals I can take or leave.

D877FC49-F2DC-418E-BD20-62F9E3D8EE7E.jpeg
Sure thing, I'll be spending some time with the truck today, I'll get some up once the sun is for a bit.

Yes. The edges :puke: also after I took off the gladiator sticker I realized how busy it looked before. (jmho)

The 4 wheel drive one on the back was hard, mentally, I really do like the retro feel but not the cheap sticker aspect.... had to go.

Monday already huh? That was quick

...just wanted to add if you dig the stickers I'm not hating on you, just not for me is all. Plenty of gladiators with the stickers still make me drool...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ponchomid

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I agree with you. But I needed a better offset for fatter tires. I went with Morphic wheels from quadratech. Copy of the Willys wheel. This is what Jeep should have done with that wheel. 17x8.5 with +10 Offset. Perfect with 285/75/17 also marked 34 x 11.5.
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club D877FC49-F2DC-418E-BD20-62F9E3D8EE7E
That’s nice! Any lift?

Ponchomid

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
My wife is short (5’ nuth’n). Looking thru the pics I don’t see many willys with side steps. I just bought a set of Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2359B Star Armor Kit JT Nerf Bars on eBay but I’m starting to doubt myself. I know I can return them as long as I don’t open the package, but wanted to get some opinions on Nerf Bars on a Willys. Not sure if they will affect ground clearance or not, but one of the reviews says that they are not very wide. Which was a selling point to me, as I don’t want them to look like the running boards you find on Overlands and such.

Thoughts?

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homemaker
Can I trouble you to please post some more photos in daylight so I can get a better picture?
Was getting some weird glare out there, hopefully these fit the bill. Can try to take some more if this isn't what you were asking. No problem.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_100324

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_100301

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_100047

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_100258

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_101119

Can't decide if I want to remove, relocate or leave alone the "jeeps" yet so staying put for now. Trail badge can stay put. Not to mention what my plan for the tailgate holes would be...

yes, fyi the tailgate "jeep" leaves holes when removed if unaware. Good fixes out there though, creative people on this forum.

Last edited:

Paul DR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited edition
Occupation
Counsellor
Good day, all,
I ordered my Gladiator Willy's 2021 (Sarge Green) the last week of January 2021. I have heard nothing from my dealer who was asked to provide me with the VIN/VON once received. Well, I have not had any notifications. Any insights into build delays or how I might get some answers beyond the Dealer? I am beside myself waiting for my ride.

Thanks,

Paul DR

Fireman_343

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/contractor
I agree with you. But I needed a better offset for fatter tires. I went with Morphic wheels from quadratech. Copy of the Willys wheel. This is what Jeep should have done with that wheel. 17x8.5 with +10 Offset. Perfect with 285/75/17 also marked 34 x 11.5.
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210329_101119
I’d say you could add those tires to the stock Willys wheels with a 1.5” spacer. I like the stock wheels also, but don’t want to spend a bunch for new wheels.

Sponsored

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
My wife is short (5’ nuth’n). Looking thru the pics I don’t see many willys with side steps. I just bought a set of Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2359B Star Armor Kit JT Nerf Bars on eBay but I’m starting to doubt myself. I know I can return them as long as I don’t open the package, but wanted to get some opinions on Nerf Bars on a Willys. Not sure if they will affect ground clearance or not, but one of the reviews says that they are not very wide. Which was a selling point to me, as I don’t want them to look like the running boards you find on Overlands and such.

Thoughts?
That might be because the Willys package comes with rock rails instead of side steps. To my understanding you would have to remove the rock rails to install the nerf bars.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homemaker
Good day, all,
I ordered my Gladiator Willy's 2021 (Sarge Green) the last week of January 2021. I have heard nothing from my dealer who was asked to provide me with the VIN/VON once received. Well, I have not had any notifications. Any insights into build delays or how I might get some answers beyond the Dealer? I am beside myself waiting for my ride.

Thanks,

Paul DR

If you haven't called the dealer yet, do so. I had my vin/von the next day but had to ask even though I made it clear while there.

Was it a diesel? I don't know but have read from others those are delayed a bit currently or atleast were around your order time. Something with chips?

I imagine it is on the way.

Dealerships have been known to sell custom orders but I doubt you are dealing with that. Give them a call. If they dont have your vin I imagine they didn't order it.

Also... depending on your distance from OH and sales district, transportation to the dealer can take a loooong time.

Edit... just saw you are in Canada... dont know if any of the above relates to Canadian orders, sorry

Paul DR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited edition
Occupation
Counsellor
If you haven't called the dealer yet, do so. I had my vin/von the next day but had to ask even though I made it clear while there.

Was it a diesel? I don't know but have read from others those are delayed a bit currently or atleast were around your order time. Something with chips?

I imagine it is on the way.

Dealerships have been known to sell custom orders but I doubt you are dealing with that. Give them a call. If they dont have your vin I imagine they didn't order it.

Also... depending on your distance from OH and sales district, transportation to the dealer can take a loooong time.
Thank you for your response! Geeze I hope they have ordered it. Not a diesel, but I did get all the packages, cold weather, safety 1 & 2, etc. I will assume that these may require chips. Is there a chip problem? This conversation is making me hungry for chips! LOL. I will call the Dealer. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Paul DR.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homemaker
Thank you for your response! Geeze I hope they have ordered it. Not a diesel, but I did get all the packages, cold weather, safety 1 & 2, etc. I will assume that these may require chips. Is there a chip problem? This conversation is making me hungry for chips! LOL. I will call the Dealer. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Paul DR.
Sorry, hopefully you saw my edit about Canada.... would still call the dealer for sure but I remember reading canada orders are kinda on their own timelines
Sponsored