Marketing Director

bgoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I'm pretty sure the Rhino Rack mounts want you to mount it on the top of the rack. This would be no problem with a full height rack. On the side we don't believe there's enough room to properly secure it (Half Rack). I've attached a photo of the Rhino Rack mount for reference. If you know of a different mount for a surfboard please send it our way so we can do some research.

571-Nautic-SUP-Universal-Rear-Carrier-02.jpg
This might work. I don't know if you're using a long or short board. The only thing if mounting to the side, would be that your board might cover the rear door. Let me know what you think?
Pro Surfboard, Windsurf & Paddle Board Carrier - by Front Runner (frontrunneroutfitters.com)
Worth a look. I'm still exploring options as I build my Jeep up but the idea was to keep the roof free so 1) no drilling into the hard top and 2) I can take the top off/down! lol

THIS. Two of the pictures show it on the back of a truck bed mounted vertically. I'm gonna have to see how I can fit that on with a rooftop tent in the future. No need to access both rear doors anyway. Thank you!

Sulaco

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR; 2021 JTR
Occupation
Army
Yes you can. Taylor our Sales Manger has that exact setup. I've posted a few photos for reference. Technically you can mount it with the included top channels. In the photo below (the top channels are running the length of the bed from tailgate to cab) you can see Taylor added 4 additional top channels just to run the iKamper because he likes having the outside frame of the XPLOR Rack. Using the included top channels, you would just slide them inward to mount the iKamper tent.

IMG_9626(1).jpg

78A95891-0348-441F-91DC-3F14BFC9394A.jpg
EB6503A9-61F5-4A22-A959-B0AE8452477A.jpg
78A95891-0348-441F-91DC-3F14BFC9394A.jpg

134628675_3855281474504941_8676089811844590273_o.jpg

is there anyway I can get some more pictures and especially info of how Taylor mounted the iKamper? I am going with the same (iKamper Mini/XPLOR half rack) thanks in advance!

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
is there anyway I can get some more pictures and especially info of how Taylor mounted the iKamper? I am going with the same (iKamper Mini/XPLOR half rack) thanks in advance!
Do you happen to have an Instagram account?

Sponsored

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
Resurrecting an old thread, I know. This is probably the best looking rack I've seen for the Gladiator, but I only plan to do light overlanding with my Mojave and I'm concerned that 150# as the starting weight for accessories is a bit much. I would love an aluminum version or lighter weight steel version. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a version with significant weight savings, but I'll have to do some testing to determine if I can support the weight as is.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
@Dark_Iron_Mojave I too was concerned with the weight but the unexpected bonus (at lest for me) was that that there is no need to add additional parts to level the Gladiator. With the rack on the stance is great (IMO).

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR Jeep Gladiator Half Bed Rack F0BCF138-B91A-4FF8-BCB1-2A4AC47C47E2

Sponsored

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
@Dark_Iron_Mojave I too was concerned with the weight but the unexpected bonus (at lest for me) was that that there is no need to add additional parts to level the Gladiator. With the rack on the stance is great (IMO).

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR Jeep Gladiator Half Bed Rack F0BCF138-B91A-4FF8-BCB1-2A4AC47C47E2
How much sag did it give you. Mojaves are already lifted up front for a more level stance so the weight would actually make it look saggy, potentially.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
How much sag did it give you. Mojaves are already lifted up front for a more level stance so the weight would actually make it look saggy, potentially.
Sorry, didn’t grab measurements pre and post. I’m running the Mopar lift and got the rack shortly after the lift.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.