RSI Smartcap

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Honestly, I havent bothered to figure it out bc the Gladiator MPG is already affected by the 37" tires, RSI Smartcap, decked system and step sliders with armor, and awning, so I gave up carring. I get about 280mi per tank on the highway with a full loaded bed of camping gear.
I carry about 1k lbs with passengers, RSI, gear, tent, food, and water (for showering in one tank and potable in another). I have stock suspension and stock 33's. I get about 300 (trails drop me down to like 2 mpg lol). So if you are only losing 20MPG with 37's, that's pretty dang good.
Sponsored

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Thank you for replying. Any word or update on latches that will allow an individual to open the shell from the inside?
We are still in the development process. Our first prototype did not pass muster, but we'll be testing version 2 very soon.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
We are still in the development process. Our first prototype did not pass muster, but we'll be testing version 2 very soon.
Well make lots of them please so we don’t need to wait four extra months for them to ship!

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I had to take the topper off for some warranty work and was not looking forward to holding spacers in place while I was putting it back on. I was also not happy with the dented top rail although most of it popped out in the sun. I wanted to find some way to distribute the weight better on those plastic top rails. I went to tractor supply and bought 1/2" stall mat for $27. I cut it into the correct size strips and installed it on the topper. that is 1" on the front and 1 1/2" on the sides. I used silicone to hold it in place so i can peel it off if I'm not happy with it.
I did use the red hardware store rubber material on the door end to give it an extra 1/8 inch of clearance.
By far the easiest way to cut this stuff is with the carpet knife and a straight edge.
BTW anyone in the Bass Lake/Yosemite area can have the rest of the this material if they want to pick it up before the next trash day.
This stuff stinks when you first pick it up but a day in the sun did wonders on airing it out.
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20210721_165953271.MP
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20210722_173737536

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20210722_210406233
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20210722_210401952

Last edited:

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
Thanks for sharing this!
I had to take the topper off for some warranty work and was not looking forward to holding spacers in place while I was putting it back on. I was also not happy with the dented top rail although most of it popped out in the sun. I wanted to find some way to distribute the weight better on those plastic top rails. I went to tractor supply and bought 1/2" stall mat for $27. I cut it into the correct size strips and installed it on the topper. that is 1" on the front and 1 1/2" on the sides. I used silicone to hold it in place so i can peel it off if I'm not happy with it.
I did use the red hardware store rubber material on the door end to give it an extra 1/8 inch of clearance.
By far the easiest way to cut this stuff is with the carpet knife and a straight edge.
PXL_20210721_165953271.MP.jpg
PXL_20210722_173737536.jpg

PXL_20210722_210406233.jpg
PXL_20210722_210401952.jpg

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m considering selling my top. Love the security and waterproof cover it provides. However, it just doesn’t work for my build. Any idea what these go for used? I’m in Denver if anyone is interested. Once I do a little more thinking on it, I’ll post a proper marketplace post for it. Thanks for your input.

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
does anyone know the bolt size and thread that the inside roof the of the evoA accepts? i have a gazelle t4 ground tent which is > 5 ft long and i would like to mount it on a diagonal on the top of the roof (not quite a RTT lol)

IMG_1470.jpg

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
BTW anyone in the Bass Lake/Yosemite area can have the rest of the this material if they want to pick it up before the next trash day.
This stuff stinks when you first pick it up but a day in the sun did wonders on airing it out.
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_1470

Interesting idea, I like that!

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
does anyone know the bolt size and thread that the inside roof the of the evoA accepts? i have a gazelle t4 ground tent which is > 5 ft long and i would like to mount it on a diagonal on the top of the roof (not quite a RTT lol)

So I’m considering selling my top. Love the security and waterproof cover it provides. However, it just doesn’t work for my build. Any idea what these go for used? I’m in Denver if anyone is interested. Once I do a little more thinking on it, I’ll post a proper marketplace post for it. Thanks for your input.
We use an M8 x 20mm button head screw with a 1.25 thread pitch. Ensure that the bolt is not longer than 20mm, as anything longer will dent the roof panel on the outside while tightening.

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Can anyone post the dommensions of the different RSI racks:
Drop down
FULL
COMERCIAL

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Drop down
FULL
COMERCIAL
The Platform Rack is 51.18" L x 53.15" W. I would guess that all the RSI racks are similar in size, due to the size of the cap they are designed to fit on.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I may be interested in buying.

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The Platform Rack is 51.18" L x 53.15" W. I would guess that all the RSI racks are similar in size, due to the size of the cap they are designed to fit on.
On the RSI website pictures the Commercial version seems to go over the cabin 8 To 12 inches, Granted that is not a Gladiator.
If that is the case I would strongly consider getting that obe as it provides more space to haul items up there.

Do anyone knows if it is posible to use the full, side drop or the commercial versions to mount a rooftop tent?
I will most likely use the rack space as cargo but it would be great if it could be use to mount a tent in the future.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
On the RSI website pictures the Commercial version seems to go over the cabin 8 To 12 inches, Granted that is not a Gladiator.
If that is the case I would strongly consider getting that obe as it provides more space to haul items up there.

Do anyone knows if it is posible to use the full, side drop or the commercial versions to mount a rooftop tent?
I will most likely use the rack space as cargo but it would be great if it could be use to mount a tent in the future.
I bought the standard rack. It is a basket design for carrying cargo. Depending on the mounting system used, a RTT should fit with little trouble. If the rack is mounted upside down, it provides a large flat area to work with.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Drop down
FULL
COMERCIAL
Here are the dimensions for each of the racks you've asked about for the Gladiator:
Drop Rack L = 51.18" W = 51.18" H = 5.51"
Platform Rack L = 51.18" W = 53.94" H = 2.00"
Roller Rack L = 67.32" W = 53.94" H = 2.00"
Sponsored