A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I need your opinion on step rails or rock sliders. I can get into this Jeep just fine without step rails, but they might be nice for my wife or 2 1/2 year old daughter. I had the factory step rails on my Sport and while they looked nice, they were too high up and useless for me. I know it is a minor detail, but the bottom seams of the cab just look unfinished to me so I would prefer to have something there to cover up the seams/holes.

I was checking out some options at Extreme Terrain and Quadratec. The 1st set I like are the Mopar rock sliders which look clean, but not much different than the stock appearance and they are a little more expensive than some of the other rock slider options.

Mopar rock sliders.jpg

I also really like the N-Fab Rock Rail Step System with detachable steps that I could easily leave off if I discover that they are also too high.

f8b8ea13b63e2ab88ea50339f0fe5901.jpg

Finally, I dig the look of the Rugged Ridge RRC Rocker Guards or the similarly styled Fab Fours Tube Rock Sliders.

rugged-ridge-rrc-rocker-guards-jt-11504.38-main.jpg

Can anyone offer up any experiences with any of these products or give me suggestions? Thanks!
I have the N-Fab steps/rails

They're a perfect solution for protection when you take the steps off and perfect to help my kids in and out of the Jeep. I'm not the tallest guy so it's nice for me too

If it wasn't a DD I'd probably go more with something like those RR RRC's but the N-Fab is the best of both worlds
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I thought I was going to have some cool pics of my new Rugged Ridge rock rails installed today, but they were pretty banged up. I had a feeling this would happen since the box looked like it barely survived world war 3. Lots more pics like the one below, but you get the idea. Still waiting to hear back from my local dealer about the next steps.

From speakers that sound awful, to fog lights that don't work, to differential skids never designed for actual use, to damaged parts, to everything on indefinite backorder, are all Jeep upgrades this difficult? Seriously, wtf???

Rugged ridge.jpg
This is what my N-Fab rails look like after I've used them as sliders as they are intended. A little POR15 cleans that right up

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
This is what my N-Fab rails look like after I've used them as sliders as they are intended. A little POR15 cleans that right up
It's just too bad most of the damage to these rails from shipping is on the top side where they would never touch rocks, but where you constantly see it. They are sending a new set out so hopefully, the 2nd set arrives in better shape.

They do look awesome installed though as you can see in the post just above yours. And my 2 year old daughter was actually able to use them so she could climb in on her own for the first time ever. The steps on the N-fabs were just too high for me to be useful, but thanks for the input.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I finally got my Bed Rug! It took 3 months, but I am very glad to no longer have a naked bed.

It was fairly straightforward to install. I took my time with cutting the holes for the bed lights and the slits for the rear tiedowns. They line up pretty well. I was also very careful with the zipper to connect the sides to the bottom. Everything attaches with velcro so if you don't line it up 100% perfect it is easy to readjust the alignment of the panels.

This will be perfect for setting down the freedom panels for the roof and my mountain bike without having to worry about anything getting damaged. Now I am just trying to figure out if I want to get a chase rack that works with my tonneau cover or just remove the tonneau cover entirely.

Jeep Gladiator A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model bed rug full

Jeep Gladiator A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model bed rug header

Jeep Gladiator A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model bed rug side

I think this chase rack is next on my list. It attaches with and without the tonneau cover.

Jeep Gladiator A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model Black horse roll bar

JeepTK

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Pilot
I finally got my Bed Rug! It took 3 months, but I am very glad to no longer have a naked bed.

It was fairly straightforward to install. I took my time with cutting the holes for the bed lights and the slits for the rear tiedowns. They line up pretty well. I was also very careful with the zipper to connect the sides to the bottom. Everything attaches with velcro so if you don't line it up 100% perfect it is easy to readjust the alignment of the panels.

This will be perfect for setting down the freedom panels for the roof and my mountain bike without having to worry about anything getting damaged. Now I am just trying to figure out if I want to get a chase rack that works with my tonneau cover or just remove the tonneau cover entirely.

Jeep Gladiator A tale of two Gladiators to get one 80th Anniversary model Black horse roll bar

I think this chase rack is next on my list. It attaches with and without the tonneau cover.

This chase rack looks nice. I like options that work with tonneau covers.

Nice work with all your mods. Sorry to hear about some of the trouble, especially with Crutchfield. I’ve used them for years with great results. I live in VA near Charlottesville so easy for me to visit the store, but I used to live in CA and always had great customer service from them. I’m sure they’ll get you sorted at some point.

I’m looking at Bed Rug too, so thanks for your post on this, very helpful!

Really like those lights too, especially the option on the fog lights to switch between fog and driving lights (yellow & white?) Were you able to get them working properly? I got the factory LED upgrade so I won’t be doing this mod, but I dig the little Jeep grill, sorry I’ll be missing out on that!
Looking forward to more posts from you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
This chase rack looks nice. I like options that work with tonneau covers.

Nice work with all your mods. Sorry to hear about some of the trouble, especially with Crutchfield. I’ve used them for years with great results. I live in VA near Charlottesville so easy for me to visit the store, but I used to live in CA and always had great customer service from them. I’m sure they’ll get you sorted at some point.

I’m looking at Bed Rug too, so thanks for your post on this, very helpful!

Really like those lights too, especially the option on the fog lights to switch between fog and driving lights (yellow & white?) Were you able to get them working properly? I got the factory LED upgrade so I won’t be doing this mod, but I dig the little Jeep grill, sorry I’ll be missing out on that!
Looking forward to more posts from you.
They were not able to get the fog lights sorted so I had to return them. For a few weeks they kept telling me there was a new batch being made, but it never happened. I just sold the Jeep and went back to a sports car so no more Jeep mods for me. But lots of Jeep parts will be for sale soon.

JeepTK

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Pilot
They were not able to get the fog lights sorted so I had to return them. For a few weeks they kept telling me there was a new batch being made, but it never happened. I just sold the Jeep and went back to a sports car so no more Jeep mods for me. But lots of Jeep parts will be for sale soon.
Hey, cool. What car did you get? The Jeep’s are fun, but nothing beats fast on pavement! I have an Audi A4 Quattro (older model) that I’ll never get rid of, love that car, but I let my daughter take it to school with her so it’s not around much anymore. My wife drives a BMW so I can have the Jeep and still get a taste of the sedan life every now and again.

If you’re selling parts, I’m interested in a few things if you took them off before you sold.
Bed rug, Quadratec antenna, dead pedal, console organizer, door sill protectors, and the cab cover.

thanks man!

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
Hey, cool. What car did you get? The Jeep’s are fun, but nothing beats fast on pavement! I have an Audi A4 Quattro (older model) that I’ll never get rid of, love that car, but I let my daughter take it to school with her so it’s not around much anymore. My wife drives a BMW so I can have the Jeep and still get a taste of the sedan life every now and again.

If you’re selling parts, I’m interested in a few things if you took them off before you sold.
Bed rug, Quadratec antenna, dead pedal, console organizer, door sill protectors, and the cab cover.

thanks man!
I found a very rare Subaru STI- a Type RA in black- only 95 ever made.

I still have the bed rug $350 and the antenna $20. I'll make a post soon in the for sale section.
Sponsored