Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
That was me LOL

So do the Rancho differential skid plates fit all Gladiators now and come with the longer U bolt? Extreme Terrain told me that the Rancho differential skid plates are designed for the wide axle of the Rubicon only. I previously heard about the U-bolt issue and figured it was related to the Rubicon fitment. I have a 2021 80th anniversary with the regular dana 44 differentials. Thanks!

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I’m having the same issue with the front Rancho skid. No way that clamp is going to work. I’ve e-mailed Rancho Tech Support and they have responded by telling me to start one side first and then the other. It doesn’t work LOL! It needs a longer U bolt. Still waiting for their response to the issue.
Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates AEF799DE-2DE6-4185-BC68-ECF7BFADC936

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I’m having the same issue with the front Rancho skid. No way that clamp is going to work. I’ve e-mailed Rancho Tech Support and they have responded by telling me to start one side first and then the other. It doesn’t work LOL! It needs a longer U bolt. Still waiting for their response to the issue.
Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates AEF799DE-2DE6-4185-BC68-ECF7BFADC936
I received a longer U bolt via UPS. Thanks to Matt at Rancho. Everything is good to go.
Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates C3766670-6478-4164-8AB8-F1CA6203D18B

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Got mine in via UPS today. Will get it installed soon. Big ups to Matt for providing this, but get your shit together Rancho, and send out the correct U bolt with orders!

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine in via UPS today. Will get it installed soon. Big ups to Matt for providing this, but get your shit together Rancho, and send out the correct U bolt with orders!
Got mine in the mail today, and looks the like the short "silver" u-bolt vs the gold anodized u bolt. Who is this Matt at Rancho I need to contact to get the longer u bolt before I go to try and install this over the next week?

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Got mine in the mail today, and looks the like the short "silver" u-bolt vs the gold anodized u bolt. Who is this Matt at Rancho I need to contact to get the longer u bolt before I go to try and install this over the next week?
It’s their rep on the first page of this thread. PM him.

NZRub

First Name
Boby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LandCruiser, Hilux & eyeing for JT '22 (maybe)
Occupation
Metal Guy
I would use stainless hardware instead of zinc plated.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I would use stainless hardware instead of zinc plated.
Well, the silver colored u bolt they provided me, is too short. I've seen the video's of the "goldish" colored u bolt they have in all their install videos is the one long enough to make the install complete. So obviously, I need that one for my install

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
I also had the short silver u-bolt for the Rancho front diff skid that I recently purchased from Northridge 4x4. I contacted Rancho tech support via their website and they sent me a longer, goldish (zinc plated?) u-bolt. I was then able to install the front diff skid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Suppose I should update that the new U bolt Matt sent me worked like a charm.
mKkDUNu.jpg

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
QC is not something Rusty is famous for.
Well, they won’t be getting any of my hard earned… I can’t stand buying a product ostensibly designed for a specific purpose only to find that it won’t work due to shoddy or lackadaisical QC on the part of the manufacturer. I’m not willingly paying them for a product they advertise as complete that I have to finish for them.