Sponsored

I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
I contacted Rancho tech support via their website and got the longer U-bolt shipped to me. I had to tell them that I knew about the longer u-bolt after reading about it on this forum.
Sponsored

HomesteadRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What is the part number on that rear by chance?
Front is good too.
Sorry for the confusion with these pics. The rear looks like it will fit just fine. These are additional pics of the front glide plate. Either Jeep changed the front axle (my Rubicon is a 2019) or the radius of the Rancho glide plate that fits around the rear of the differential has been changed. After watching the Rancho install video and some other installs on YouTube, the glide plate radius fits nicely around the rear of the front differential, and the tabs that the u-bolt attaches to is up against the webs on either side of the differential.

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
We are in the process of getting new u-bolts.
They are coming back from the plater.
Not too sure on the color they will be, but they will fit.
We should have them mid-week (Sept 29, 2021) that is when we should have them back.
Matt

Edit cause I can't spell...

The issue is the silver bolt vs the bronze bolt. My wife has the bronze bolt on her JL and it fit no problem. Silver bolts came with the skid for my JT and a buddies JL and are too short. How can we go about getting the bronze bolts? Maybe they are zinc coated, not sure.

Last edited:

Sponsored