Flush Mount Tail Lights

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Just curious are you going to charge him return fees ?
I'm waiting on an email I sent out to their customer service last night to ask about that and the damage my box received during shipping, will let you know what they say.

Unfortunately, if you use their standard return portal on their website, they charge you a $9 "handling fee" for returns which IMO is rediculous for this since it's a non-functioning product and not the fault of the buyer, hopefully they step up and take care of me.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
@Oracle Designs
Still waiting on an assist to get my backup lights to work without a programmer... is this something you guys are working on? If not, please DM me for a return.
See below from my post a little earlier in the thread. I highlighted the workaround for the reverse lights if you don't want to use a programmer in red:

• Using with ORACLE Bumper Reverse Lights (PN# 5878-504) - If P&P harness is in use & reverse light flickering / shutting down occurs you can do one of two things:
    • Use programmer such as Tazer or JSCAN to set aftermarket tails - This essentially tells the ECU to stop checking for the OEM load values at the tails (Reverse Lights included)
    • Remove the P&P Harness & tap each bumper reverse light into it's respective side tail to evenly distribute the load between the two, rather than combining the load at one tail

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
I'm waiting on an email I sent out to their customer service last night to ask about that and the damage my box received during shipping, will let you know what they say.

Unfortunately, if you use their standard return portal on their website, they charge you a $9 "handling fee" for returns which IMO is rediculous for this since it's a non-functioning product and not the fault of the buyer, hopefully they step up and take care of me.
Please update when you hear something as it will determine if I ever buy anything from them on how they handle this, especially since its listed as plug and play however it may or may not be depending on your Jeep. Also a shame a screw is scratching up peoples Jeep even their own as you can see in the video they posted.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
See below from my post a little earlier in the thread. I highlighted the workaround for the reverse lights if you don't want to use a programmer in red:

• Using with ORACLE Bumper Reverse Lights (PN# 5878-504) - If P&P harness is in use & reverse light flickering / shutting down occurs you can do one of two things:
    • Use programmer such as Tazer or JSCAN to set aftermarket tails - This essentially tells the ECU to stop checking for the OEM load values at the tails (Reverse Lights included)
    • Remove the P&P Harness & tap each bumper reverse light into it's respective side tail to evenly distribute the load between the two, rather than combining the load at one tail
To be clear, this would require us to also purchase the JT bumper reverse light kit to use this fix? I currently do not have the bumper lights, I only have the tail lights and am having backup light flickering issues.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
To be clear, this would require us to also purchase the JT bumper reverse light kit to use this fix? I currently do not have the bumper lights, I only have the tail lights and am having backup light flickering issues.
Sorry for the confusion here, I was under the impression you were also using the bumper reverse lights.

If you're experiencing that issue with only the tails installed, the only solution is the programmer. So, if you're not satisfied with that solution, please reach out to our customer support team to make a return as you noted you wanted to do.

Just an FYI, if you're planning on doing bigger tires and or a lift at some point, programmer is kind of a necessity to calibrate the Speedo and other things.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Sorry for the confusion here, I was under the impression you were also using the bumper reverse lights.

If you're experiencing that issue with only the tails installed, the only solution is the programmer. So, if you're not satisfied with that solution, please reach out to our customer support team to make a return as you noted you wanted to do.

Just an FYI, if you're planning on doing bigger tires and or a lift at some point, programmer is kind of a necessity to calibrate the Speedo and other things.
Thanks for clarifying JP. I do love these lights, just wish there was a non-programmer way to get them working (true plug n play). Hopefully a hardware design change can enable that down the road.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370

Unfortunately I found myself in the same position as @JRobes this morning. When backing into my garage this morning the taillights flickered and went out completely. 2020 Sport S with halogens from the factory. I do not have the bumper reverse lights.

I do have a lift, bigger tires, and have regeared to 4.56s. These mods have required a tuner but I chose to go with the AEV procal snap because allows me to make those calibration adjustments but eliminates all of the other tuner items I don't have a need for and, no need to unmarry it at the dealer. I have zero interest in buying an additional tuner just for the taillights to work when the other plug 'n play Oracle products on my vehicle don't require it.

I have the Oracle Oculus headlights and matching fog lights. These product have worked flawlessly and have been an excellent upgrade. It made purchasing these taillights a no brainer no me. The taillights look fantastic and the LEDs were super bright when working. I am very disappointed that now the only "fix" is to buy an additional tuner to make a plug 'n play item work. I really don't want to go back to the factory halogens but having functioning reverse lights sure is nice.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
For those in the situation of possibly needing a tuner, JScan is a very reasonable option. It's less than $100 in some cases, depending on which Bluetooth OBDII device you buy. It also doesn't leave hardware attached, so there's nothing to remove if you need to take it to the dealer. Best of luck with your decisions.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Can't you just put a resistor inline so that it sees a load?

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link
Please update when you hear something as it will determine if I ever buy anything from them on how they handle this, especially since its listed as plug and play however it may or may not be depending on your Jeep. Also a shame a screw is scratching up peoples Jeep even their own as you can see in the video they posted.
Wait there is a screw messing up the gladiator? I haven’t seen anything on this what do you mean

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
"If you are having issues, buy a programmer or send them back."

This is not a solution. This is a work around.

There is no indication from the mfr. that the problem will be addressed.

I'm glad I held off on making a purchase.
Sponsored