First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Decided to put together a build thread here, inspired by all the cool threads I have looked at recently.

This is my very first Jeep, I came from a 2020 Sierra which I had put a lot of time and effort into, but I wanted something different. Found this Jeep at the dealership, test drove it and KNEW this was my next truck. I went pretty blind into the build, but I had been eyeing the gladiator since they released so I had an idea in my head.

The day after I bought my jeep, I was showing it to my dad and I pronounced it "mo-ha-vey" instead of "mo-ha-vee". We got a good laugh out of it and now that's what I call this build.

The goal of this build since day 1 was to make a good looking rig, that I could take camping, hunting, on multi day trips and eventually cross country. I REALLY want to take this truck through Canada and to Alaska as well. This truck is also my daily driver, however I work from home so most of my driving is purely recreational.

Build List (Completed)
- Rebel Off Road XPLOR Half Rack
- Rebel Off Road Bed Rails
- Mopar Sliders (Replaced the Mojave Plastic Steps)
- Mopar stubby Steel Bumper + Rubicon Skid Plate (Replaced Mojave Skid and P1lastic Bumper)
- iKamper Mini
- Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fogs
- Baja Designs LP6's
- Baja Designs S2 Chase Lights
- Hothead Headliner
- 15% tint up front, 35% in the rears (Everything matches perfect)
- Mountain Hatch Tailgate
- Midland MXT275 w/ Ghost Stubby Antenna on the hood
- 37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s
- Method 701 Wheels
- Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer
- Max Tow Rear Springs + .75” Rear Daystar Spacers
Build List (Upcoming)
This is a secret.. Still lots I want to do!

Jeep Gladiator Project "MOHAVEY" 8B4262B2-3AB0-4A6F-8E8D-9074C7ED4558
Sponsored

Last edited:

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Since when does the Mojave come with plastic steps? Mine came with rock rails.

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Since when does the Mojave come with plastic steps? Mine came with rock rails.
You're asking the wrong dude lol
That's what the dealer had optioned on mine I guess. I bought it straight off the lot. Didn't have a say in the initial build sheet

Sponsored

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I traded in my '20 Overland in on a '21 Mojave the dealer had on the lot. The Mojave had rock rails on it. To close the deal, I had them remove the steps from the Overland and swap them with the rock rails on the Mojave. I wanted to make sure my wife (aka the Boss) could easily get in and out of the Mojave since it is 1" higher than the other JT's.

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
I traded in my '20 Overland in on a '21 Mojave the dealer had on the lot. The Mojave had rock rails on it. To close the deal, I had them remove the steps from the Overland and swap them with the rock rails on the Mojave. I wanted to make sure my wife (aka the Boss) could easily get in and out of the Mojave since it is 1" higher than the other JT's.
Hmm, not sure why mine had the steps. I don’t see steps or rock rails on my window sticker..

This is what came stock on mine. Not a big deal, I got rock rails for $100 off craigslist and sold these steps to someone for like 40 bucks
Jeep Gladiator Project "MOHAVEY" 419AC1A8-6D00-48F5-97CF-1399FCF283D3

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Stock Mojave comes with 'sand sliders' which are literally Rubicon rock rails. Floorpan only....not the rears.

You can add the 'steps' as an option..
.which it sounds like deletes the sliders.

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Jeep Gladiator Project "MOHAVEY" 4BBEAE61-A0B7-4C3D-802A-44F32B864696.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Project "MOHAVEY" IMG-0477

17" Method 701's wrapped in 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's.

Absolutely loving theses so far.

Rig is looking low in the back in the photo, but I had 6 wheels and tires in the bed and back seat

andrewdoesit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Occupation
Sales

17" Method 701's wrapped in 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's.

Absolutely loving theses so far.

Rig is looking low in the back in the photo, but I had 6 wheels and tires in the bed and back seat
Are you on stock height or did you do a lift? I'm looking at the Method 704s and between the Mickeys, BFG K02s, or Nitto Grappler. Those Mickeys are so nice though. What are you mainly doing in CO trail-wise as well? We got some property down in Fort Garland and are planning a trip for April/May when it warms up a bit and want to do some trails/desert runs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Are you on stock height or did you do a lift? I'm looking at the Method 704s and between the Mickeys, BFG K02s, or Nitto Grappler. Those Mickeys are so nice though. What are you mainly doing in CO trail-wise as well? We got some property down in Fort Garland and are planning a trip for April/May when it warms up a bit and want to do some trails/desert runs.
Stock height. I've got quite the list of upgrades coming to help with 37's. Upgraded Track bar, drag link, stabalizer... also putting max tow springs on the rear to help mitigate sag with added weight of full size spare, rack and tent.

But, zero rubbing on road and zero rubbing on dirt roads so far. I have yet to really hit any trails as is, I do plan on trimming the fender liners or getting some nicer ones to help add a bit of wiggle room for actual trails.

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Felt that since I bought the jeep it was a bit dead in the steering and pulled right on 33’s and 37’s. Did some digging and decided to have the dealer swap out my aluminum steering box to the cast iron one. Got that scheduled for the coming weeks as soon as parts get in! 😎