Sponsored

Colorado ZR2 Will Be The JT Rubicon's Main Competition

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Did thy say the duramax diesel was slow?
I test drove them and yes, it's slow. It's not a bad truck but I'm definitely waiting for the JT. I've been waiting for years ever since Milous leaked it and then never said a word about it after that.
Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I test drove them and yes, it's slow. It's not a bad truck but I'm definitely waiting for the JT. I've been waiting for years ever since Milous leaked it and then never said a word about it after that.
I've been waiting since the 2005 Gladiator concept. Just 2 more years...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
One other note about the Chevy ZR2. Their mileage for the ZR2 diesel is only 21 hwy and 19 city or something like that where their ZR1 diesel is 30 hwy and 22 city.
Pretty poor mileage for a small diesel pickup when ZR2 configured. I wouldn't think that the larger tires or lift would make that big of a difference but they must have different gearing set up (?)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I wouldn't think that the larger tires or lift would make that big of a difference but they must have different gearing set up (?)
Remember that increase in unsprung weight, and specifically rotating drivetrain weight has a greater impact on performance & efficiency, so tyres and lift are worse than increases to bed, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcjoe

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, Z06, WS6
I have a ZR2... and i love it... but anxiously waiting the price of the rubicon diesel version to decide... and btw my city average mpg is 22 which is excellent if you ask me when you think of what it is

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have a ZR2... and i love it... but anxiously waiting the price of the rubicon diesel version to decide... and btw my city average mpg is 22 which is excellent if you ask me when you think of what it is
Your ZR2 is a diesel right?

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I don't do Chevy, waiting for JT...

rcjoe

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, Z06, WS6
Your ZR2 is a diesel right?
Yes it is... The gas one is just as bad as any comparable truck on the market... As of now I'm still waiting on pricing for a JT... But judging by quadritrac and their sources estimating 3.5k-4.5k price increase vs the JL I doubt I will be getting one since it seems a diesel version Rubicon will probably be around 60k

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
As it stands now IMO the Jeep wins in most categories. However I am really curious to see if the 2020 Colorado refresh closes the gap. Yet another thing to wait for!!

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
What about the Ford ranger and the Toyota Tacoma? I would think they would be competition for the Gladiator as well.

MACHZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 RAM Rebel, 19 subaru forester
Honestly I was shocked by price and MPG of the midsize trucks. I test drove 8 different trucks over the weekend including zr2 diesel and trd pro. The MPG was almost the same as a full size (other than the diesel). The price was also a shock as the midsize trucks I was interested in were more expensive after discounts. I narrowed it down to GMC AT4, Tacoma TRD pro, ZR2 diesel and RAM rebel. The small trucks had a better MSRP but the dealers offered better discounts on the full size trucks. I checked at 3 dealers on the TRD PRO and all were at MSRP and would not budge. The ZR2's were coming in at $49 sticker 45K out the door. The GMC was 57k and $51 out the door. The ram was 52k and 45K out the door.

I ended up with the RAM in the end and will buy a gladiator in the future but it was interested to see the pricing.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
nice comparison video from edmonds,
Shots fired! The gal raves about the Tacoma's ability to use ply wood in the bed of the truck. The JT has it's work cutout for it!

Surprised on how crappy the Ranger came out of that contest.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Shots fired! The gal raves about the Tacoma's ability to use ply wood in the bed of the truck. The JT has it's work cutout for it!

Surprised on how crappy the Ranger came out of that contest.
giphy.gif

:CWL::CWL::CWL:

The great plywood war 2019.
Sponsored