Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
I have also fitted a LED Light Bar.

I have used this brand previously and been very happy with their quality.

The bar is made by Ultra Vision in Australia and is almost 100% totally produced and made in Australia. They are in the final stages of doing their preparation to commence marketing in America.

Given I was after a specific LED Bar that no Australian lighting company makes in Australia I inquired about a custom build. Their Manager, Terry Jurgen stated during the conversation that they were about to enter market in the US.

Hence we made a decision to work together to do a product that suited my needs and is a potential seller in the US.

In short, I find the very white light of LEDs harsh on the eyes when reflecting back from highway signs and the 'whiteout' effect you get in snow, dust or low cloud renders them next to useless. This is the reason I fitted Baja Designs LP4 amber fog lights to my last vehicle.

So the bar is a 40 inch length and has spot reflectors and lenses in the centre two modules and and flood in the outer four modules, this being a custom spec.

But, what makes this unique in Australia and to Ultra Vision is that all the LEDS are 3000K giving a more yellow to orange light, similar to the old Sodium Vapor industrial lights in color.

I haven't had the chance to test on rural roads yet but a few quick operations are indicating to me great range and excellent spread with a very effective color.

IMG_3951.JPEG

IMG_3952.JPEG
Sponsored