Stock
    MODS - EXTERIOR:
    Custom front and rear bumpers
    MODS - INTERIOR:
    JK seats replacing mil style
    MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS:
    A few gauges and switches for 24 and 12 volt systems, electric fuel pump
    HISTORY/COMMENTS:
    Purchased as a fire dept. brush truck. Retired a bunch of the electrical system, removed water tank and pump, removed the bed, painted frame, treated for rust, painted the underside of the bed before reinstalling, painting with the 686 Tan, Raptor Liner’d the floorboards, and bumpers. Bed has been POR-15’d inside and primered outside., fabricated a tailgate. Bed still needs 686 tan and Raptor Liner

Share this Garage

5JeepsAz likes this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. AggieJeep
    The first thing we did was to remove the water tank and pump from the bed. We set that onto a military trailer. The pump had worked previously. The former owner did a tune up on it and never got it started again. We will follow up on that once the paint is completed on the truck. Like the previous owner, we never have enough time for all the projects.
  2. AggieJeep
    The paint is mostly done with a bit left to go. 686 Tan, the lusterless mil spec you can get from Rapco. We used Raptor Liner for the floorboards and bumpers. The grill guard and bed interior will also get Raptored. The bed sides still need the Tan. We pulled the bed off to get to the underside and frame. POR-15 was used for addressing any rust areas. There were a few spots that needed extra attention but this truck was in very good shape rust-wise.
  3. AggieJeep
    Im not sure what to call this restoration. I’m not military and have no direct attachment to the vehicle. I just appreciate the sheer ruggedness of it. It is more stock than modded in my opinion. Drive train and running gear are stock. I did put some TrailWorthy Fab wheels on it with 37” tires with the custom bolt pattern to fit the original axles. We made custom bumpers, front with a winch and rear with Pinole and 2” receiver. It also has a gooseneck hitch in the bed.
  4. AggieJeep
    This my M715 built in 1967. I bought it off a guy in Pasadena, TX. He bought it from a fire department that used it as a brush truck, like many M715s post-military. This has been a pet project for my brother and me over the last 5 years when we get time.

The truck runs great, starts like a champ.