Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Does the drivetrain one include the 442 foot pounds of torque for the diesel?
None of these torques include anything unique to the diesel engines and drivetrains. These are nut and bolt torque values. Not engine output values.
Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
One thing that has bugged me, and is one of the primary reasons for my spending an hour's pay on the USB manual, is the lack of a collective source for torque specs.

I've been through the manual, section by section, and captured every torque spec table I saw, and they have been labeled and arranged by categories. In a couple of cases, I have added updated specs and they are clearly noted in red.

Most of the specs are good for 2020-2023 model years, but if you every have any questions or doubts, feel free to toss another "What's the torque?" post out there and see what you get.

All specs are factory components. If you have installed any aftermarket components then you should be following those manufacturers' guidance, NOT the factory specs.

There are folders and there's also a zip file that contains all of the tables.

Main Folder

Download the Zip File (Also Attached to This Post)

If you notice something's missing, let me know and I'll try to add it, but I think I have most, if not all, that the average and the advanced owner/mechanic might need.
Excellent, thanks for taking that time....makes it very convenient

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
waow impressive . thank you so much . very helpfull

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that has bugged me, and is one of the primary reasons for my spending an hour's pay on the USB manual, is the lack of a collective source for torque specs.

I've been through the manual, section by section, and captured every torque spec table I saw, and they have been labeled and arranged by categories. In a couple of cases, I have added updated specs and they are clearly noted in red.

Most of the specs are good for 2020-2023 model years, but if you every have any questions or doubts, feel free to toss another "What's the torque?" post out there and see what you get.

All specs are factory components. If you have installed any aftermarket components then you should be following those manufacturers' guidance, NOT the factory specs.

Main Folder

If you notice something's missing, let me know and I'll try to add it, but I think I have most, if not all, that the average and the advanced owner/mechanic might need.

--------------------------------------------------

Revised 3/15/23 - Added socket sizes to Pitman arm nut. 42mm can be tricky to find, but 1-11/16" works great and may be easier to come by.
Thank you for using correct factory specs - the torque plus degrees, etc. and not the hodge-podge of stuff that's out there from various vendors and lift ki9ts that's often not tight enough.

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Main Folder

Revised 3/15/23 - Added socket sizes to Pitman arm nut. 42mm can be tricky to find, but 1-11/16" works great and may be easier to come by.
Thanks for this! Been looking for a consolidated list.

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.

Main Folder

You're a hero, thank you

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Possible errata? BODY -> Hard top to body bolts / hard top to B-pillar bolts

Listed value is 12 Nm / 9 ft-lbs

My 2022 manual (page 95) says:
"The Torx head fasteners that attach the hard top to the body should be torqued to 155 in-lb +/- 22 in-lb (17.5 N·m +/- 2.5 N·m)"

So seems like it should be 17 Nm / 13 ft-lbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?

"The Torx head fasteners that attach the hard top to the body should be torqued to 155 in-lb +/- 22 in-lb (17.5 N·m +/- 2.5 N·m)"

I'll look at it. Currently incapacitated

Jeep Gladiator 🧰 2020-2023 JT Gladiator Torque Values (All of Them in One Place) PXL_20230320_220454402

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

Main Folder

Thank you sir for your contribution. I used a great deal of this information over the weekend while swapping in the Rubicon axles and new steering components. Much appreciated by the group and myself.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?

My 21 owner's manual says the same. I will make the notation.
Sponsored