mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Daystar spacer on the front this weekend. I think it looks awesome! Ride is the same as factory.
Only thing I notice is I'm pulling slightly to the right now. Need to adjust something maybe? Steering wheel is perfectly straight.

GLAD LIFT.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Looks sweet! I did the same thing this weekend ....did you measure the ride height front and rear?...is it level?

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good. Measure at the pinch seams front and back to see if it is sitting level.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I installed the Daystar spacer on the front this weekend. I think it looks awesome! Ride is the same as factory.
Only thing I notice is I'm pulling slightly to the right now. Need to adjust something maybe? Steering wheel is perfectly straight.

GLAD LIFT.jpg
Adding 1.5” spacers should not cause it to pull. Have you checked your tire pressures?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's not actually pulling....it's just that you need to re-clock your steering wheel.

Loosen 15mm nut on the drag link, then turn the adjustment collar SLIGHTLY until you get the steering wheel straight again. Retighten 15mm nut. Test drive. May take a few test drives to get it spot-on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks sweet! I did the same thing this weekend ....did you measure the ride height front and rear?...is it level?
Thanks! The rear is 1/4” higher so pretty close lol

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Measure at the pinch seams front and back to see if it is sitting level.
Thanks! It’s 1/4” higher in the rear right now. I also got 3/4” spacers for the rear but haven’t installed them yet. I want it sitting level when I pack everything on the bed for camping trips.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Adding 1.5” spacers should not cause it to pull. Have you checked your tire pressures?
Yes, all 4 tires are at 34-35 psi.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It's not actually pulling....it's just that you need to re-clock your steering wheel.

Loosen 15mm nut on the drag link, then turn the adjustment collar SLIGHTLY until you get the steering wheel straight again. Retighten 15mm nut. Test drive. May take a few test drives to get it spot-on.
I’ve been wondering about that because I did notice today that the steering wheel is slightly turned to the left when I’m driving straight on the road. But when I let go of the steering wheel, the truck pulls to the right. You think adjusting the collar would fix that?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been wondering about that because I did notice today that the steering wheel is slightly turned to the left when I’m driving straight on the road. But when I let go of the steering wheel, the truck pulls to the right. You think adjusting the collar would fix that?
In theory, no, but if it needs to be centered, do that and see how it feels. Mine needed 1/4 turn of the collar to realign it after doing the 2” spacer lift. Was there much “crown” to the road you were driving?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
In theory, no, but if it needs to be centered, do that and see how it feels. Mine needed 1/4 turn of the collar to realign it after doing the 2” spacer lift. Was there much “crown” to the road you were driving?
I thought about that too but It pulls slightly to the right on every road.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I thought about that too but It pulls slightly to the right on every road.
Tires can cause a pull to the right Toyo MT`s are notorious for this, not sure if your tires are known for this. Give it at least 1000 miles or swap the passenger side to the driver side and see if that helps. Let the tires settle first before taking things apart.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Tires can cause a pull to the right Toyo MT`s are notorious for this, not sure if your tires are known for this. Give it at least 1000 miles or swap the passenger side to the driver side and see if that helps. Let the tires settle first before taking things apart.
I had a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers on a JK that did this. Switched to a set of KM2s and the problem went away.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
How was the install? Contemplating tackling this myself soon as well, looks great.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
How was the install? Contemplating tackling this myself soon as well, looks great.
Install wasn't bad at all.....just get the front axle low enough for the front spring to come out...it doesn't have to much tension
Sponsored