First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Bought a Mojave knowing payload was low....all research online indicated 1200lbs. Then I look at my door:

Jeep Gladiator 1086lb Payload capacity, Mojave. What? 20211104-222624

Ack! I need those 114 extra lbs. Haha. I have a pretty low optioned Mojave so it isn't the option sheet that's weighing me down. Is this lower than other people's door jamb stickers? Once I put the 3 kids, wife, Diamondback HD, and BedRug on the truck....can I still pack up a 12 pack of beer?

Time to lose weight and increase my gear carrying ability.....

I know the number isn't a razor's edge or anything, just didn't know it was so variable from what every review says and even Jeep's own spec sheet... 1200lbs. Nearly a 10% reduction.
Sponsored

Last edited:

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Following. I ordered a 2022 Mojave. I've been reading about sumosprings, but not sure how they ride when not loaded down.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Following. I ordered a 2022 Mojave. I've been reading about sumosprings, but not sure how they ride when not loaded down.
After some thought I bet it's the Freedom Top. The 'stock' ratings are probably with base soft top and manual trans. The auto is only 20lbs or so heavier, I bet the hard top is the rest.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
My fully loaded gas Rubicon (Steel bumper, Hardtop, trail rail kit, etc.) was 1142 lb payload. The Mojave has a stiffened frame and heavier hood over the regular Gladiator which adds weight. Diesel Rubicon's with steel bumper, etc. are about 924 lb payload.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Overall, these are not full size work trucks. They are, in stock form, perhaps the best vehicle for unpaved roads in sloppy conditions. A Unimog they are not. They are the culmination of what the designers wanted-A Wrangler with more cargo space hanging in the breeze. Need to do more than designed? Let the mods begin with the money faucet wide open, safety parameters be damned. It seems a lot of folks buy on emotions and expectations rather than a brutally honest assessment of needs, wants and capabilities prior to puchase. It is an easy trap for all of us, me included. (motorcycles are my kryptonite)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its really interesting. I've never ever paid attention to that sticker unless I was about to put a load of rock into the back of a truck.

You all worry too much. If you have people and luggage and bikes and stuff. Its fine.

That number is a number at which you should be able to drive off road with your Jeep. If all you are doing is driving on road, then the stresses aren't even close to what it can handle.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Yep, all the Rubi's and Mojitos especially have very low capacities.

The Manual (LOL) has the best, with the Max Tow package the only one with any usable payload.

Sorry man, pick a kid to leave home or skip the 12 pack (I vote leave the kid!).

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
I thought my Diesel Overland was pretty good. I figured the Mojave would have a better payload than mine.

AD8D5558-CAB7-469D-A999-364F0AFCC097.jpeg

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
IIRC the payload does not include 150 lbs for the driver....

I've joked on this site before that my WRX has a higher payload capability than my gladiator. My door tag says 1021. The par that confuses me is the Gross axel weight rating add upo tpo far greater than the GVWR.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My Mojave is 1154lb. My options are hardtop, auto, select trac, and tow package.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
My Mojave is at 1129lbs, with hardtop, auto, seletrac, and those heavy leather seats. I have a 170 pound RSI Steel cap on. I did notice a little sag as the progressive springs lost the soft part perhaps, I put on Icon aluminum 1 3/8” spacers put rear at same as front now still rides great. I want to put more stuff on like refrigerator (32pounds), bed insert for sleeping with a stove and sink pull out under it, front runner 10-15 gallon water tank, and porta pottie. It all adds up quick, roof top tent will never happen as I slept in bed twice earlier, so setting up a rig to allow me to be self contained to stay on some beaches overnight. Wife is not really into it, but I did just buy a 19 foot camper (3200 lb. Dry, 4000 max.) for more room, she loves me and won’t even care that I already bought a partner stove, stainless sink , and expensive 48” drawer glides, of course she doesn’t have to know about the genesis dual battery system right, I have two batteries already not really an upgrade! Gladiators are more like oversized JL then trucks but work perfect for my needs and love it!…..Jack
Jeep Gladiator 1086lb Payload capacity, Mojave. What? D59790A8-5795-42FB-B6CF-55EF213EFF16

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I swapped these from my 2020 Ram to my 2021 Jeep. NO more concerns about payload or carrying ability.

https://timbren.com/i-30497598-timbren-ses-suspension-enhancement-system-sku-dr1500dq-rear-kit.html

They install in 4 minutes and 13 seconds (in my case) and they still allow stock ride until you load the rear heavily. If you hit a really bad speed bump or pot hole you'll feel a thud as the suspension cycles enough to make contact with the rubber spring, but 95% of the time it's a stock ride. Zero maintenance which is nicer than air bags also. I love them.

If you want to go offroad and have max articulation, you can swap your factory bump stops back in at the trail head in 5 minutes.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)