First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Okay I have searched everywhere on the JT and JL forums trying to find an answer to a stupid question...... My 2020 Gladiator has a parasitic drain that fluctuates and I have followed a few different testing procedures and the only thing I could find was a small draw from 1 fuse while the car was asleep. It came from F53 where there was a 10A fuse. When I pulled the fuse I did get a small little spark but the fuse shows "spare" on the JK fuse diagram. Here's the worst part....I have done enough electrical upgrades tapping into either the battery or the AUX leads that at some point I might have put a fuse in that location because it said it was spare. I even pulled the fuse out and testing everything I have installed and everything works. So I guess my question is, why would that 10A fuse have a draw while the Jeep is asleep? What is going on under that "spare" fuse location that would make it spark and draw power? For now I'm just going to assume that I put it there as a backup 10A fuse until I find something that doesn't work..... thanks for any suggestions!
Sponsored

Attachments

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Attached is the actual Gladiator layout. Fuse F53 is listed as the Wireless Speaker fuse (if equipped). Your Gladiator OM should also have told you the same.

Looks like F53 should only have power in the ACC or RUN position controlled by the K15 relay. If power is on F53 while off, may have an issue with the K15 relay or problem with the PDC causing it to stay on.

While similar, you have to watch using JL diagrams as they are not 100% the same

Edit: Also attached the diagram for the RUN/ACCESSORY 2 (K15) relay showing the control side which is voltage switch controlled from the BCM.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks so much for the detailed response and files! I was searching through Google looking for any diagrams and struggled to find them.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
When you figure it out, update the thread.

OP
OP

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Today I put the F53 speaker fuse back in and tested with the car off and there was no power going through it. So this problem is bigger than my limited knowledge when dealing with PCM and relays so I think I will have it looked at the next time I take it in for the free oil change. With so many battery and aux battery issues it might just be one of them going bad slowly. After I take it in I will let everyone know what they found (or didn't find). Thanks for the help!

irrelevantgoals

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
When you figure it out, update the thread.
bro...love the profile pic of Donald, but every time I read a post of yours with that pic next to it I hear an attitude in it. I know that you are not giving the OP grief, but this one made me lol.😂
Sponsored