Sponsored

115V Outlet and Inverter Delete

Gindi576

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XJ Limited, 2004 WJ Overland 4.7 HO
So I’m seeing this option “115V Outlet and Inverter Delete” on a lot more window stickers currently on the lots. Don’t recall noticing that in the past. Any idea why? Maybe I was just missing it before.

Btw, this is my first post. Been looking for a Mohave for a while now. Found this forum about a month ago and have been soaking up all the great info shared on it. I’ve learned a ton already.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m seeing this option “115V Outlet and Inverter Delete” on a lot more window stickers currently on the lots. Don’t recall noticing that in the past. Any idea why? Maybe I was just missing it before.

Btw, this is my first post. Been looking for a Mohave for a while now. Found this forum about a month ago and have been soaking up all the great info shared on it. I’ve learned a ton already.
Welcome,.
This is a guess, sort of an educated guess having ordered two of these now with the inverter and the 110 outlet on the rear of the console - and coupling that with the fact my truck took over a month just to get scheduled to build - could it be that they are doing that on trucks going to dealers for sale off the lots because of shortages?
Toyota announced a production cut due to "semiconductor shortages" as have others....... and mine as well as a few others have taken forever to build.
They can't do that one a custom order because it was specifically sold that way, but for one on the lot, they can do anything to get them out the door as long as the price is adjusted to reflect the deletion.

Note that GM did the same for certain things with some of their trucks - semiconductor shortages, and on trucks where they were shipped anyway, the owner received an amazing, extraordinary, fantastic 75 bucks back! Wow!

Anyway, that's my take - it fits. May not be a fact, but it at least fits the current situations, and what else is happening out there.

Frankly, I'm regretting not having ordered the package to get me an outlet in the bed, but I didn't really want all the other stuff required to get it. I'll hire someone to add it later.

OP
OP

Gindi576

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XJ Limited, 2004 WJ Overland 4.7 HO
Sounds reasonable to me. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it was somehow related to supply chain. And thanks for quick response.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
That would be my guess as well. ordered by the dealer but not able to imstall. Iam getting tired of this crap nut know it is here for the long haul

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You can find all the parts needed online. Comes out to around 300ish, it takes about an hour to install w some very basic hand tools.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can find all the parts needed online. Comes out to around 300ish, it takes about an hour to install w some very basic hand tools.
An hour to install the inverter, connect it into the truck, tell the truck it has an inverter (there's lines in the BCM about inverter) and then run the outlet into the rear of the front seats console?
An hour?
Apparently there's a blank in the console for the outlet - they'd surely make those all the same.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am wonder if they are doing this with customer order vehicles? I would be kind of pissed if they just did to me and not notify beforehand.

I know GM is delivering Silverado custom customer orders with "IOU's" on certain electronic features and drop shipping after the fact the parts for dealers to install for customers at a later date.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
An hour to install the inverter, connect it into the truck, tell the truck it has an inverter (there's lines in the BCM about inverter) and then run the outlet into the rear of the front seats console?
An hour?
Apparently there's a blank in the console for the outlet - they'd surely make those all the same.
my bad didn’t read the inverter needed to be installed too. I thought just the outlet in the back and the switch. I already had the Inverter but didn’t order the rear outlet package. Sorry…lots more work involved w no inverter but im fairly sure all the wiring is already there. I had the inverter for the cabin but all the wiring for the rear plug and switch is there from the front to the back just needed the wiring harness at the very rear to connect the outlet. I’m fairly sure the wiring is there for the inverter already.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Fwiw, the factory inverters are adequate for a phone or laptop but not much else. I had a horrific day once where the 110v ac signal was so sketchy that the cordeless tool charger started telling me NOPE, not gonna charge.

Factory outlet integration is great but the inverters aren't worth the cost compared to the gains from a 1 or 2kw. But I digress.

Yes, as mentioned the delete on the build is reflecting a lack of components. Given the choice between an inverter on your JL or JT versus someones Grand Wagoneer, they are going to make damn sure they get theirs.

Sponsored

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
Fwiw, the factory inverters are adequate for a phone or laptop but not much else. I had a horrific day once where the 110v ac signal was so sketchy that the cordeless tool charger started telling me NOPE, not gonna charge.

Factory outlet integration is great but the inverters aren't worth the cost compared to the gains from a 1 or 2kw. But I digress.

Yes, as mentioned the delete on the build is reflecting a lack of components. Given the choice between an inverter on your JL or JT versus someones Grand Wagoneer, they are going to make damn sure they get theirs.
Do you happen to know what the wattage rating on the factory inverters is? I'm thinking about making this upgrade. Thanks.
Edit: appears to be 400W.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to know what the wattage rating on the factory inverters is? I'm thinking about making this upgrade. Thanks.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Yes 400w which as stated is good for light duty work, some phones or tool batteries or keeping an iPad going but really, what is 400w good for work wise? I can run a lot of LED ribbon lights but the inefficiencies mount quick.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
This is very common now. I see it a lot. All sorts of options that come with different packages being “deleted” and the credit is sooo fucking minimal it’s insane. Add the tech package it costs 1995.99 check the sticker and they delete 60% of the tech package and give you a 50 or100 dollar credit. It’s grimy as fuck. It’s too easy for them to just say “Covid” “chip shortages” “supply chain “ and so on.
It’s not just jeep it’s all of them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is very common now. I see it a lot. All sorts of options that come with different packages being “deleted” and the credit is sooo fucking minimal it’s insane. Add the tech package it costs 1995.99 check the sticker and they delete 60% of the tech package and give you a 50 or100 dollar credit. It’s grimy as fuck. It’s too easy for them to just say “Covid” “chip shortages” “supply chain “ and so on.
It’s not just jeep it’s all of them.
Ya have to look at the bigger picture.
It's like a tree - they have to start at the root, the bigger parts, the more expensive parts, and build out.
You are missing a branch, but to keep the other stuff working, the roots, the expensive parts still have to be there.

Or - compare to a computer. You are missing some piece of hardware - likely a cheap part they can't get - but to operate other parts of the package, the main processing power still has to be there.

The credit is minimal because your truck still has the bulk of the package in order to operate that 40% that you DID get.
Only if you didn't get ANY PART of the package at all should you see a larger discount.
Some parts must be there to make the 40% work - and those would be the most expensive parts.
There are still real serious shortages of parts, transportation and more. And what's happening in the country in the last few days is going to make it far far worse! Demand is going to skyrocket, ability to produce is going to be cut.
You think it's bad now...........
Sponsored