1st time top off, 1st time caught in the rain 🤦‍♂️

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
So, I think I was trying to jump the gun to nice weather here in Central Florida, I had an easy day today of in-town errands and the weather app said 10-15% of rain all day (which might as well be 0% here). I went inside the grocery for a shopping list and hear the rain coming down. I rushed over to a covered parking area, and thankfully only sustained a quick soaking.

Here's the questions I have for the group...

1. I have leather seats, came home wiped up water and applied a Mothers leather / vinyl product I had on hand. I still think I'm seeing a few light spots on the black leather. Does anyone have recommendations for a product to keep the leather from wrinkling up as it dries and might help remove any water spots?

2. I'll do a search of the forum for emergency rain gear, but does anyone have any recommendations on best cover for quick install, if I want the top off all day, but can't park in covered area and need to step away for an hour or so.

All in all, it wasn't the disaster it could have been, most of the carpet was covered by all weather mats, so really it was just the seats. I'm learning as I go I guess. JB
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So, I think I was trying to jump the gun to nice weather here in Central Florida, I had an easy day today of in-town errands and the weather app said 10-15% of rain all day (which might as well be 0% here). I went inside the grocery for a shopping list and hear the rain coming down. I rushed over to a covered parking area, and thankfully only sustained a quick soaking.

1. I have leather seats, came home wiped up water and applied a Mothers leather / vinyl product I had on hand. I still think I'm seeing a few light spots on the black leather. Does anyone have recommendations for a product to keep the leather from wrinkling up as it dries and might help remove any water spots?

2. I'll do a search of the forum for emergency rain gear, but does anyone have any recommendations on best cover for quick install, if I want the top off all day, but can't park in covered area and need to step away for an hour or so.

All in all, it wasn't the disaster it could have been, most of the carpet was covered by all weather mats, so really it was just the seats. I'm learning as I go I guess. JB
Take out the carpets, water will get under the rubber mats. Water can also get into the center console cover.
https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/4-door-gladiator-cab-cover

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-colada’s-and-being-caught-in-the-rain.58736/

scoobycarolanNC

First Name
Scooby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
There are drain plugs in the floor under the carpet and the carpet comes out easy. Get them open. Everything else should be fine if wiped up. The best all weather mats are the Mopar version. They snap into the drains so they stay fully functional. There are cab covers you can get but they block the doors and windows.

Sponsored

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
Its a right of passage! I remember the first time I got caught naked doing 70 on GA-400, worst part was the water getting on the windshield on the inside, i've kept a microfiber towel in my vehicles since then.

Take the mats out, pull the plugs and let it dry out as long as you can. Should be good as new, maybe a little cleaner even.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I've stopped caring in mine. Thinking about just taking the carpet out permanently. Thought about armorlite, until I saw the price.

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
I had an “emergency” top for my 2012 JK, not sure if we have one for the JT.

Seat covers that are semi water resistant are useful when you take your youngest daughter to practice her driving in the farm field behind your house and she hits a ditch and makes you spill your “drink” 😂

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

I just use the Mopar total clean, that works the best from what I’ve used
Sponsored