Sponsored

2"-3.5" Lift Recommendations

BlooGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I am looking to do a lift kit soon for my Overland to put 35s on it (stock fenders). I have done a handful of research on kits from MetalCloak, Mopar, Clayton, SkyJacker, Rough Country, ReadyLift, etc. I will be primarily doing daily driving on the road. Price range around 2k. Any recommendations? Please include pictures if you have them.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I am looking to do a lift kit soon for my Overland to put 35s on it (stock fenders). I have done a handful of research on kits from MetalCloak, Mopar, Clayton, SkyJacker, Rough Country, ReadyLift, etc. I will be primarily doing daily driving on the road. Price range around 2k. Any recommendations? Please include pictures if you have them.
i wouldnt rule out AEV dual sport.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
AEV is another one that Im considering. Thank you for the reminder
if you dont need tons and tons of clearance, many people argue it drives better. The geometry brackets make the road manners excellent, they do a lot of work directly with Bilstein on shock valving, and they do real actual frequency tuning on their springs.

you listed both some great lifts and some cheap ones. I guess my argument for your case is remember the AEV dualsport is only what? $1600? Its factory approved, and has passed all federal testing requirements. Theres a reason you can drive an AEV JT right off a Jeep dealer lot.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
JKS 3.5 with additional front LCAs was $1800 installed for me. Comes with everything I needed for mainly on road use and has a nice firm ride compared to stock. Handles corners much better and doesn’t bounce around. I love it and don’t feel like I need anything more. If I was a serious off-roader I would go for a complete kit with all four control arms and all that jazz, but I don’t need all that. Looks great with 35s, but plenty of room for 37s.

Jeep Gladiator 2"-3.5" Lift Recommendations 28CDA7AD-6675-4559-9A99-1575B998ECB7
Jeep Gladiator 2"-3.5" Lift Recommendations BD361B4E-6114-4133-AE64-EF56DBC45478

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Getting ready to install the AEV DualSport. Just waiting on one more box to be delivered. I went with the AEV as I felt it was the most complete kit for the money and for what I needed. It sounds like its a nice balance of improved performance on road and just a bit more capability off road. I do take the JT offload every chance I get. No real hardcore rock climbing in Florida mostly soft sand, muddy ground and washout areas which my JT handled just fine on the stock suspension so the extra height and a bit more articulation ability from the AEV kit should do the trick. I'll follow back once the box arrives and I get a chance to install.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Whatever you order it is going to take a while. I ordered my Clayton Overland plus 3.5" kit on Black Friday weekend and it is just arriving tomorrow. Clayton is shipping again, and it seems worth the wait for me, since these latest kits are shipping with a contoured track bar to fit 37s in the spare tire location.

Weight is an important factor. You want to make sure your front and back springs and shocks are set up for your aftermarket weight. For Example, I am running a factory steel bumper, warn winch plate, and warn winch on the front; and Rock Slide Engineering step sliders with armor. That is a lot of weight. The RSE steps with armor weigh a ton. In the back I am running a hard tonneau cover with molle panels and a lot of tools. Not so much weight. But, in the end, I went with Clayton and adjustable shocks because of their thicker springs and the flexibility of the adjustable shock. I also want to make sure I get a full 3.5 inches of lift and do not overload the springs.

Personally, I also chose not to do a lot of modifications, ie. control arm drop brackets, 4 links, and all that stuff.... I like the simplicity of just all adjustable control arms and track bars; but, there is a logic for all those mods -- depending on what you want. We have a lot of good kits for the JT out there now.

Last edited:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're looking for a kit mainly for daily driving, and want to fit 35's nicely on your Overland, you can't beat our Overland Plus system! The Giiro joints included in our kit are both completely maintenance-free and self-centering, provide excellent on-road manners by soaking up road noise and vibrations, and still allow for all of the flex and misalignment you need to confidently take your vehicle off-road! All of our products are made right here in the US and come with a lifetime guarantee against bending or breaking! Sport/Sahara models can fit 35" tires perfectly with just a 2.5" lift. Forum discounts and specials are always available for forum members, so feel free to shoot us a PM or give us a call if you have any questions at all!

Reactions: aai

learjet

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon LE
heres mine with mopar lift, 37” KO2s. local dealership sold me the kit, $1300. took my son and I 5 hrs to install. I did add a 1/2“ spacer to the front for mounting a winch in the future.

overall happy w the mopar lift for the price. my front axle is shifted 1 inch right, and inhave a bit of rubbing on the Right LCA at full left turn. Adjustable track bar should fix. if you go mapar id plan for an adjustable track bar. still i decent option with the other lifts not including shocks

hth

lear
Jeep Gladiator 2"-3.5" Lift Recommendations 74C75E93-95BF-4916-A875-E72003568CD5

Jeep Gladiator 2"-3.5" Lift Recommendations 3D13C27B-5709-489C-85F3-283F1DD0FD32
Sponsored