Sponsored

2.5” Lift Questions including for Skyjacker Opinions

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, I was considering jacking the JKR up approximately 2.0” to 2.5”. I don’t think I want to go above that.

For context, I lifted my ’12 JKUR 4" just after buying it. Unfortunately, I got bad advice from a friend, and put a crappy lift on that didn’t allow dialing in the geometry. It drove like crap. It was so bad that the traction control would activate when I would be driving over a modest bump in a straight line at highway speeds. Immediately, I started swapping out the original and crap lift parts with mostly-adjustable Synergy parts:

1. Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms;

2. Front Track Bar Bracket;

3. Adjustable Front Track Bar;

4. Adjustable High Steer Drag Link (flipped);

5. Adjustable Chromoly Tie Rod;

6. Heavy Duty Front Ball Joints;

7. Rear Track Bar Brace;

8. Adjustable Rear Track Bar; and

9. Adjustable High Clearance Rear Lower Control Arms.

I also replaced the driveshaft and some more items.

Afterward, it went from driving like a 1948 Willy’s to feeling like a Lincoln Town Car.

I don’t want to come even close to needing to do all of that again, because I’m sticking with 35s, and the lift is just for a little extra clearance.

The Mopar 2” lift seems okay, but it’s $1.6K, and apparently needs an additional $200 adjustable track bar. And I think I would be paying a bit just for the Mopar name. Please correct me if you think I am incorrect.

I was looking at the 2.5”/1.0” Skyjacker front & real coil lift:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/skyjacker/2.5in-front-1in-rear-long-travel-lift-jeep-gladiator-jt

It is $600. I noticed that it does not include the following three items that are included with the similar, but 3.5” Skyjacker life

1. Front Adjustable Track Bar

2. Front Lower Control Arms

3. Rear Bump Stop Extensions

One of my main questions is: Does anyone have anything against the 2.5” Skyjacker lift or Skyjacker lifts in general?

Also, if I go that route, should I also get any of the following items to really be able to dial in the geometry?

1. Front Adjustable Track Bar

2. Front Lower Control Arms (and, if so, should I just get adjustable ones)?

3. Rear Bump Stop Extensions

Also, what about?

4. Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms

Anything else?

I know I likely would not need any of those things, but I really want to have the geometry as perfect as reasonably possible given my past experience bad experience with compromised geometry.

If I go with the Skyjacker 2.5” lift, would you recommend getting some or all of those four items? Or are some of them (e.g., adjustable front upper control arms) completely unnecessary?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful information.
Sponsored

Marshjo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I’ve got the 2.5/1.5 skyjacker lift you’re talking about. I did add a 3/4” spacer front and rear though. I swapped out the skyjacker shocks for fox, but have heard good things about skyjackers higher line of shocks. I also installed an adjustable track bar that has all but eliminated bump steering. In my opinion it is not as good as stock, but it Rides really good to me especially since I’m running 37s. I rode for a week with just shock extensions and the ride was ok, but when I installed the right length shocks it was a game changer.

Last edited:

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Do you tow? From your post, it eliminates the rake.
Sponsored