2 Door Gladiator Version?

Bopper416

First Name
Vob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Sable
Is a Two-Door in development? I could swear I heard one was being made.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea all rumors point to 4 doors only. At least at launch.

fxrsliberty

First Name
Jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 jeep tj
First major mod kit will be how to stretch your two door JL to support the JT bed!

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I would love a 2 door long bed. I don't think it is going to happen.

If they launch with a 4 door with a 2 door coming in a year or two I will stick to my JK till then. That will give me time to save more and perhaps pay cash when the 2 door drops.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I REALLY hope they make a two door. Why would they limit this to a crew cab???

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I hope all of pick up truck owners make a push for some alternate bed configurations for the 2020 Gladiator - because the 60 inch bed shown so far is a joke - because with a bed that short - this thing is a glorified open air station wagon!!!

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I hope all of pick up truck owners make a push for some alternate bed configurations for the 2020 Gladiator - because the 60 inch bed shown so far is a joke - because with a bed that short - this thing is a glorified open air station wagon!!!
Just like all other mid size trucks . And this is a "lifestyle" vehicle like the Raptor. Hmmm... good luck.

chipbutty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None...yet
Most trucks nowadays you either get long cab short bed or short cab long bed. Same frame, they just adjust the ratio.

I would bet they wait to see how the JT(U? ;)) does and if it sells well, there will be a 2 door called......

THE SCRAMBLER!!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
If you look at sales stats for JK and JL 2 door vs 4 door, the 4 door is dominating the market. Probably 5:1 sales 4dr vs 2dr. I doubt they will commit to a regular cab truck with development costs, etc for such a small market. Even crew cab pickups are killing standard cabs in all other brands.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The government CAFE regulations are a big driving force as well.

Full size sedans and wagons didn't disappear because consumers no longer wanted them. They were largely regulated ot of existence because they were a big anchor on meeting CAFE standards for passenger cars.

But consumers still did want big vehicles with big engines. And light trucks and SUVs provided that, while having to meet a lower CAFE standard.

As of 2011, manufacturers are incentivized to push bigger vehicles, because the CAFE standards are based upon the vehicle's footprint. Generally speaking, a 4 door/short bed will have a larger footprint than a standard cab/long bed.

Ex: F150 XL

Regular cab/8' bed - 141.1" wheelbase

Supercrew/5.5' bed - 145" wheelbase

Supercrew/6.5' bed - 156.8" wheelbase

Supercrew Raptor/5.5' bed - 146" wheelbase

It may not seem like much, but every little bit helps, especially averaged over the entire fleet. Especially for a volume seller like the F150.

Interesting side note... the PT Cruiser was specifically designed to fit into the light truck category, as a ringer of sorts, to bolster Chrysler's fleet average for CAFE purposes.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I'm completely ok with a 5ft bed on the Gladiator. I have a RAM 1500 now with w 5.5ft bed. I use my truck but I can do everything I need to do with a 5ft bed. Could it mean that I have to make an extra trip every now and then, yeah but it will be in a Jeep top off having a good time. This truck was not developed to be on a construction site towing a massive trailer or hauling tools everywhere. For me it's perfect, I have had Jeeps they are by far my favorite over all vehicle however owning a home and having a family requires me to have a truck now I get the best of both worlds!

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I'm completely ok with a 5ft bed on the Gladiator. I have a RAM 1500 now with w 5.5ft bed. I use my truck but I can do everything I need to do with a 5ft bed. Could it mean that I have to make an extra trip every now and then, yeah but it will be in a Jeep top off having a good time. This truck was not developed to be on a construction site towing a massive trailer or hauling tools everywhere. For me it's perfect, I have had Jeeps they are by far my favorite over all vehicle however owning a home and having a family requires me to have a truck now I get the best of both worlds!
Yes. This.....

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
im ok with the short bed if i need a longer 1 ill use the cj 10 its 2.4 meters long & if thats too short ill use my isuzu 4x4 truck its 5 meters long & its a tipper;)

20171108_165944.jpg

not the best pic of it but its all i have on this computer
Sponsored