2" lift and 37s

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Based on the new Jeep MOAB concept vehicles it appears that you can run 37s with the 2" lift.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

RegalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Raptor, 2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR, 2018 JLR, 2019 JLUR
Based on the new Jeep MOAB concept vehicles it appears that you can run 37s with the 2" lift.

Thoughts?
Consistent with JL, not sure why it would be surprising.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

Thoughts?
Jeep has stars multiple times that 35s will work with no lift, not sure why 37s on a 2ā€ would be a surprise

OP
OP
DamonC64

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
I was wondering if there would be any rubbing at all under full flex.

BLOCKii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Besides The 2 inch lift to run the 37ā€s what other modifications would you need to do to a sport with the 3.73 gears to run the 37? New gearing, breaks, finders???

I would have opted out for the sport with max tow package to obtain the 4.10 gears but I have zero interest in automatic transmission

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Jeep has stars multiple times that 35s will work with no lift, not sure why 37s on a 2ā€ would be a surprise
Only in the Rubicon model. However, 35s will still rub during full articulation.

Besides The 2 inch lift to run the 37ā€s what other modifications would you need to do to a sport with the 3.73 gears to run the 37? New gearing, breaks, finders???

I would have opted out for the sport with max tow package to obtain the 4.10 gears but I have zero interest in automatic transmission
You will need Rubicon fender flares, or aftermarket fender flares with high enough clearance, and you will have to do some modifications to the fender liners... or purchase aftermarket fender liners.

You will eventually have to do more to ensure reliability of your ride since so much changes when adding 37s. I would link a bunch of YT channels that talk about this subject in length. However, one of them is banned from this site and the others you can easily find on YT just by searching "jeep jl 37."

Maximus JT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Occupation
General Manager - Insulation Distribution

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
Only in the Rubicon model. However, 35s will still rub during full articulation.

You will need Rubicon fender flares, or aftermarket fender flares with high enough clearance, and you will have to do some modifications to the fender liners... or purchase aftermarket fender liners.

You will eventually have to do more to ensure reliability of your ride since so much changes when adding 37s. I would link a bunch of YT channels that talk about this subject in length. However, one of them is banned from this site and the others you can easily find on YT just by searching "jeep jl 37."
I saw this video on youtube about fender chops. Apparently you can gain quite a bit of clearance if you do this, upwards of 3 inches.

before- edge =7.25 in
inner= 7.5 inch

after- edge=9.5inch
inner=11.75 inch

Last edited:

Sponsored

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I saw this video on youtube about fender chops. Apparently you can gain quite a bit of clearance if you do this, upwards of 3 inches.

before- edge =7.25 in
inner= 7.5 inch

after- edge=9.5inch
inner=11.75 inch
I have a 2ā€ mopar lift with 37s. I do get an occasional rub when flexed. But nothing crazy. One thing I would recommend is an adjustable track bar just to make sure your geometry is correct. I havenā€™t updated mine just yet and Iā€™m getting a rub on my front passenger inner fender line. Againā€¦ Itā€™s nothing crazy. In fact I didnā€™t even notice it was happening til I saw it when parked. Iā€™ve actually only heard it rub ONE TIME at cougar buttesā€™s bullfrog and I belive it was in the rear. But when o checked everything was fine. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™ve been looking into a little fender chop myself. Definitely inexpensive compared to an entire fender swap and it does provide a slight clearance with a more agressive look.

I donā€™t know about leaving the inner fenders off like what he did in that vid though. I havenā€™t experienced it myself but from my understanding the engine bay would get pretty bad & potential damage from All the debris.

below, Iā€™ll post what I did fit 37s on a 2ā€ lift.

-mopar 2ā€lift
-wheels 4.5 back spacing w/ -12 offset
-ko2 AT3
-alignment
-recalibrated speedometer

thatā€™s it! I believe the lift comes with bump stops. If not make sure you ask for them. They definitely help. I also made sure I went with a Look and weight I was comfortable with. I went with k02s because I tried to trim as much rolling mass as possible to still run my 4:10ā€™s. Does it help?? Not to sureā€¦ but I am getting 19mpg. Part of that also comes with the weight. Thatā€™s also why I went with k02ā€™s. I originally wanted FALKENS but noticed they are SUPER HEAVY. All in all- I believe I it was a +29lbs per tire/wheel (including spare) added. Iā€™m pretty happy with my set up so far. Iā€™ve been to Moab like 3 times, Arizona, and a tome of local trails. Iā€™ve added a winch Andy RTT and Iā€™m still going string in the 4:10ā€™s. Iā€™ll run it it for a little more to determine if the 4:88s are a must. Ohā€¦ and I do see 8th gear unless Iā€™m climbing up hills. From there Iā€™ll basically stay in 5th-6th. Which is fineā€¦ I mean I am driving a Jeep right? Lol

7088D055-FB78-42A6-857C-4BC5BA50E55E.jpeg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t think itā€™s a question of whether you CAN do it. For me, going with 37ā€™s and everything that goes with it (gearing, axle reinforcement, etc.) is so you can get much better ground clearance. If Iā€™m going to that length, I might as well not rub at full articulation. It seems like thereā€™s really no reason to not go with 3-3.5 to make sure thatā€™s achieved. Iā€™d have lift remorse if I paid for a lift and 37ā€™s and even occasionally rubbed. Now if weā€™re talking mall crawler and never disconnecting the sway bar, Iā€™d save money and leave it on 35ā€™s. :) my opinion.
Sponsored