Sponsored

2 Questions about Guardian Renewal (or not)

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Good Morning folks, wow 1 year passed already...Must be all the fun I am having with my Mojave...I have to renew (or not) my Sirius XM Guardian in here...The prices are somewhat ridiculous so I'd like to at least downgrade some from the trial offer I have now (shown below)...

2 Questions:
1) NOTE: it says it includes "Off road pages". I didn't think they would be involved with this. Does that mean if I do not renew (or even maybe if I take a lessor package) that I will loose the ORP's? I kinda like them.
2) General Question does having, or not having, Guardian have anything to do with the loosing the Navigation capability on Uconnect?

This is what I have now.
Convenience and Security Package
Includes these great features:
Automatic SOS, Roadside Assistance Call, SOS Call, SiriusXM Guardian Assistance, Remote Vehicle Start, Remote - Door Lock/Unlock, Remote Horn & Lights, Send & Go, Vehicle Finder, Speed Alert, Boundary Alert, Curfew Alert, Valet Alert, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Theft Alarm Notification, Off Road Pages, Monthly Vehicle Health Report, PayTollo Plus

Thanks in Advance!
-Joe
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
ORP is not a part of Sirius guardian.

Neither is the basics of navigation, though I do believe you lose traffic data without it. If someone else who knew for sure could chime in I'd appreciate it.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think you will lose the ability to check your fuel level, mileage and tire pressure on uconnect without guardian.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
ORP is not a part of Sirius guardian.

Neither is the basics of navigation, though I do believe you lose traffic data without it. If someone else who knew for sure could chime in I'd appreciate it.
I wouldn't think so either on both, but I called the Guardian folks 3 times literally and got 3 different answers.

Moreover, when I look on my personal page for my Truck on the MOPAR sight it in no uncertain terms lists ORP's as one of the features provided by my (free trial) Guardian subscription.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I think you will lose the ability to check your fuel level, mileage and tire pressure on uconnect without guardian.
Are you sure about that?

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Moreover, when I look on my personal page for my Truck on the MOPAR sight it in no uncertain terms lists ORP's as one of the features provided by my (free trial) Guardian subscription.
Once upon a time jeep.com told me my truck didn't have trailer hitch zoom. Here's the direct quote
Not available on vehicles equipped with both the manual transmission and the 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen, without the forward-facing TrailCam
Well I'm driving a manual mojave without the forward trialcam, and my hitch zoom works just great.

Not saying never trust jeep. Just saying the website is probably maintained by interns.

Glad Newbie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500 Cummins, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My Guardian subscription has expired. ORP's, fuel level, mileage and tire pressure all still available. I don't use the nav, so not sure about traffic data.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My Guardian subscription has expired. ORP's, fuel level, mileage and tire pressure all still available. I don't use the nav, so not sure about traffic data.
Traffic data is a 5 year free trial I recently found out. Not sure which subscription it's a part of beyond that point

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the bad info. I just checked it and it is working. However, my 2020 JL is on the same app as my 2022 JT. It had stopped working when I dropped Guardian. Maybe it is working because my JT is still under free subscription? Maybe I don't Know what I'm talking about? IDK

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sorry for the bad info. I just checked it and it is working. However, my 2020 JL is on the same app as my 2022 JT. It had stopped working when I dropped Guardian. Maybe it is working because my JT is still under free subscription? Maybe I don't Know what I'm talking about? IDK
No worries my friend, it looks like the "design" a lot of uncertainty in their descriptions (leading to confusion on our part), by mistake or otherwise, I don't know. But maybe it is a good way for them the get people to buy stuff they don't need. :)

Sponsored

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Support Coordinator
I know for certain that OFP's work without Guardian. As I did not have Guardian, or the trial, and ORP worked fine.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Cancelled Guardian on my truck last week, and Off Road Pages are still working fine.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Not sure if this is related my Off-Road Pages would not come on last night and then I received a uConnect services subsrciption email. Now they are working again. So not sure if that was the subscription expiring then it sorted itself or not.

Last edited:

elvisgates

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude Edition
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Good Morning folks, wow 1 year passed already...Must be all the fun I am having with my Mojave...I have to renew (or not) my Sirius XM Guardian in here...The prices are somewhat ridiculous so I'd like to at least downgrade some from the trial offer I have now (shown below)...

2 Questions:
1) NOTE: it says it includes "Off road pages". I didn't think they would be involved with this. Does that mean if I do not renew (or even maybe if I take a lessor package) that I will loose the ORP's? I kinda like them.
2) General Question does having, or not having, Guardian have anything to do with the loosing the Navigation capability on Uconnect?

This is what I have now.
Convenience and Security Package
Includes these great features:
Automatic SOS, Roadside Assistance Call, SOS Call, SiriusXM Guardian Assistance, Remote Vehicle Start, Remote - Door Lock/Unlock, Remote Horn & Lights, Send & Go, Vehicle Finder, Speed Alert, Boundary Alert, Curfew Alert, Valet Alert, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Theft Alarm Notification, Off Road Pages, Monthly Vehicle Health Report, PayTollo Plus

Thanks in Advance!
-Joe

From their website, here are the packages and what's included:

Convenience + Security Package

($25.98/mo)

Get peace of mind for you, your passengers and your vehicle with GPS-based safety and security services, plus stay connected with remote services.
Services include:

Automatic SOS( Disclosure5)
SOS Call( Disclosure16)
Roadside Assistance Call( Disclosure17)
SiriusXM Guardian™ Assistance
Remote Vehicle Start( Disclosure18)
Remote Door Lock/Unlock( Disclosure10)
Family Drive Alerts( Disclosure19)
Theft Alarm Notification( Disclosure7)
Stolen Vehicle Assistance( Disclosure20)
Plus more
Convenience Package

($20.99/mo)

Stay connected to your vehicle from virtually anywhere with the vehicle branded app, plus get GPS-based safety and security services.
Services include:

Automatic SOS( Disclosure5)
SOS Call( Disclosure16)
Roadside Assistance Call( Disclosure17)
SiriusXM Guardian™ Assistance
Remote Vehicle Start( Disclosure18)
Family Drive Alerts( Disclosure19)
Plus more
Remote Package

($12.99/mo)

Stay connected to your vehicle from virtually anywhere with the vehicle branded app.
Services include:

Remote Vehicle Start( Disclosure10)
Remote Horn & Lights
Send & Go( Disclosure11)
Vehicle Finder( Disclosure21)
Search & Go
Speed Alert
Boundary Alert
Curfew Alert
Valet Alert

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Renewal cost for convenience and security is now 259$ a year. I'll cancel and wait for the better pricing. What are people paying for this service annually ?
Sponsored