Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
MISSING TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER

A number of features and design flaws mean the Gladiator is not entirely built for towing but the fact remains that a large number of owners will use their Jeeps for exactly that purpose. It’s surprising that they have chosen not to offer a trailer brake controller to enable owners to tow heavy loads safely. It’s entirely possible that Mopar will offer different tow-assisting products such as a brake controller, towing mirrors, and a weight distributing hitch but there has been no official confirmation of this. The lack of tow assists that come as standard represents a huge missed opportunity for Jeep.

See the rest: https://www.hotcars.com/things-about-the-new-jeep-pickup-that-make-no-sense-so-far/
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I'd add no back seat armrest option in cloth interiors, even the higher trim levels. Maybe $25 in production costs as it is already designed and engineered in the leather trim levels. Another shameless add on option to go along with power locks, windows, and mirrors in all trim levels. Should also have standard active safety in Sport S and above (delete option for off-roaders), standard 7" monitor in Sport S, as well as trailer brake in tow package options.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
That article is full of $hit...

They are complaining about the location of the window switches?? I got news for them...my Porsche has the same location and it’s no big deal.

They are complaining about the forward facing camera? WTF just don’t order it if you don’t want it.

They are complaining about having a 5 lug wheel but then acknowledge that’s its “probably” fine...

They are complaining about the lack of interior space? One of the main reasons i’m getting one is that it has more space than any other midsize, particularly in the back.

These people need to find another line of work...

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
That article is full of $hit...

They are complaining about the location of the window switches?? I got news for them...my Porsche has the same location and it’s no big deal.

They are complaining about the forward facing camera? WTF just don’t order it if you don’t want it.

They are complaining about having a 5 lug wheel but then acknowledge that’s its “probably” fine...

They are complaining about the lack of interior space? One of the main reasons i’m getting one is that it has more space than any other midsize, particularly in the back.

These people need to find another line of work...
If I could like this post multiple times I would! I am sick of reading the complaints about this truck. If you don't like the gladiator then don't buy one its that simple.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares any idea when Jeep will be having tow mirrors available for the JT?????

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
If I could like this post multiple times I would! I am sick of reading the complaints about this truck. If you don't like the gladiator then don't buy one its that simple.
Amen.....
#lovingmyJT!!!!

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
There a few things that I will give them:

- Tow Mirrors. Kind of surprised there were/are not factory options right away that you can buy separately
- The rear doors. This honestly confused me when I first saw it revealed. Not a deal breaker but we don't need the doors to be cut like that anymore. I get the cost savings but we have the room now, I cant help but believe it would be hard to refit the front doors onto the rear.
- Engine torque. Yea, I dislike the Pentastar but I understand it is reliable.
- No brake controller. Where is the option??? That is the most disappointing to me personally.

Otherwise, the rest is full of shit.

Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I bet that article is to Troll forums like this and get their click through rate up.
That's my thought too. "Every Gladiator is a convertable...can't buy one that can't remove the roof." Uhh.. Duh? Definite troll post.

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I am with many of the others, I am tired of the nitpicking, so let’s look at the 20 issues the writer is addressing.

- IT WON’T HAVE A HELLCAT ENGINE
Give me a break! Did anyone really think Jeep was going the put a Hellcat in the Gladiator? Yes, it would be nice, but it was never going to happen. If you want one in your Gladiator, I just have one word for you, “aftermarket”

- YOU PAID HOW MUCH?
Yes, it cost more, but go build a Toco, the TRD Off-Road, starts at 36,765, the Limited 37,790 and the TRD Pro 42,960

- TINY MIRRORS
If you look at other trucks that size, they are fine, most people do not need road sign size mirrors to drive to work.

- THE BED IS ALSO TINY
Yes, the bed is not 6 feet, but this truck is meant to go off-road, and the extra foot would have made it even harder to do so. I for one am impressed that jeep gave us away to haul plywood in a 5-foot bed.

- THE CRAMPED INTERIOR
How many of you sat in a Ford Ranger or any of the other midsize trucks? I did and I like the leg room in the JT. I am not buying a Gladiator for the rear leg room any way, I bought for my service to set in and at 125lbs, he is more than happy with the seats up.

- THAT REAR DOOR CUTAWAY
Did they not read the part that it is based on the wrangler? Besides, with the seats up or down you do not use that area to put your feet and if you do, move your feet.

- EVERY GLADIATOR IS A CONVERTIBLE
Ok, call me stupid, but that is why I buy a Jeep. If I want a non-removal top, I would have bought a Ford, Taco or just a car. I love the open-air feeling and during the summer the top and doors come off as much as possible.

- THE LOCATION OF THE THIRD BRAKE LIGHT
I do not care where they put the light, if you cannot see my break lights maybe you do not need to be on the road.

- TINY LOCKABLE STORAGE SPACE
I for one did not buy the box because my dog needs this area, but I like it and show me any other truck that has done better, other than the Ram, I like the storage area in the sides of the bed.

- INCONVENIENT WINDOW SWITCHES
Just stop looking for things to complain about. I happen to like them there.

- TRAIL CAM
I bought this camera, manly because last year while of-roading in Moab there where a few times I could not see the ground because of the angle I was driving at. And as for the washer, thanks Jeep for not making me get out and clean the silly thing off every 5 min.

- NO TORQUE, NO ACTION
Yes, being powered by the Pentastar V6 means the Gladiator does suffer from a lack of torque. But with that said I have hade no real issues with is in my JKU or JT, if you need more torque buy the EcoDiesel and if that is still not enough, buy a bigger truck

- IT HANDLES LIKE A SHOPPING CART
It is a Jeep and they are not known for the precision maneuvering, so if you want the handling of a Porsche, buy a Porsche not a Jeep.

- POOR BREAKOVER AND DEPARTURE ANGLES
Yes, it is long, but if that bothers you buy a JL or a JLU or you could cut the extra foot of the end of the truck and have a 4-foot bed.

- REDUCED TOWING CAPACITY WITH THE DIESEL
The truth is I do not know much about this topic, but I am sure others will comment about it

- FIVE-LUG AXLES
At this point I am wondering if the writer has 5 lugs as well, but one is missing.

- MISSING TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
Yes, this one irritates me as will, but I can wait for the Jeep one to come out or buy an aftermarket. I will live.

- NO COMMERCIAL OPTION
I am not a contractors, but if I am in need of a truck for my crew, I am not going to buy them a Gladiator. I will buy them a plain truck. There are many other options out there for commercial use.

- IT HAS A SILLY NAME
I like the Name and thought Jeep did a good job naming it, but that is just me. if you do not like the name feel free to call it Marcie or any other name you with.

- IT LOOKS LIKE A WRANGLER
Please tell me why the writer feels the need to attack the employees of Jeep. I just want to say, thank you Jeep employees for doing your job and building my truck, I love it.

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
How about: "You built an awesome overlanding rig but didn't give it overlanding range" IE: Should have 28 gal fuel tank minimum.
No that is actually valid, no way that would make it in the article.
Sponsored