Sponsored

$2000 upcharge out of the blue for mojave near me....

Crableg85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
Well today was the day I was going to look at a black mojave and on the way to look at it I noticed a 2k price increase overnight on the website and the truck is bone stock with no dealer installs. Did i miss out waiting? Few days to go see this. How long do you think this price gouging is going to last this is crazy. Should I just wait a year or 2 for this to calm down ? :time:

Screenshot_20210921-162841_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-162553_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Last report I read is that the auto shortage is expected to keep prices inflated until 2025. Better to buy now if you can get near/below MSRP, because car prices are going to sky rocket.

Reactions: Mac

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
If you want that particular truck that bad, then fine, but I'd order from one of the several discount dealers on here and get 6-8% under invoice and get exactly what you want.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I just looked at the window sticker, your definition of bone stock isn’t fair. That Mojave has just about every option imaginable. Just go ask them to remove the dealer markup, 2K is crap. But looking at what the Bronco people are dealing with, 2K is cheap! Doesn’t make it right though.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Supply and demand.
There's a demand, little supply.
There are solutions - price controls, government stepping in, etc.
WIN failed miserably in the 70s.......
I don't like it - but then on the flip side, used vehicles are through the roof. For every change on one side of the scale, there's a change on the other side.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Just bought the wife a new Subaru. We wanted the Outback Wilderness. $5k upcharge for that model. We got her a Crosstrek. Saved $15k. I’m done buying cars for awhile. Oh yeah we paid msrp. They would not budge. I’m hearing they want $10k over msrp for the Mojave at a local Jeep dealer. Glad I got mine in January.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Last time I brought mine in to the dealership for service, I got to chatting with my salesman. He said he could offer me what I paid for it on the spot (5% under invoice). I made sure it was clear that he was saying that I could get every penny back out of a truck I've been driving for 6 months. It crossed my mind for a second until I saw the prices of everything on the lot. Which for starters, wasn't much. But considering the prices; I felt that would be a terrible decision. I have a feeling the 22 MY is going to be even worse.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
61k for a Mojave. Negative. Just get a Rubicon for that much. Mine didn't even cost that much and I got it a month ago.

The Rams I was looking at before getting my Gladiator weren't even that expensive.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
61k for a Mojave. Negative. Just get a Rubicon for that much. Mine didn't even cost that much and I got it a month ago.
Mojave and Rubicon have the same base pricing, starting at $44,910.

Sponsored

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Mojave and Rubicon have the same base pricing, starting at $44,910.
Yeah. But I'd rather have the extra off road goodies for the same price. Plus, regardless I think we can all mostly agree that Rubicons can pull a higher price and resale value than any other trim.

Snatrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Archaeologist
Yeah that is in no way bone stock, Mine was close to stock and it was 46000. It only had auto trains, non painted hardtop. No bed liner, 7 inch sterso etc. That one has lots of goodies

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Friend just bought a new Audi, he said they were basically “take it or leave it” someone else will come in behind you willing to pay what they are asking.
Sponsored