2012 vs 2020

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This is just one of those hmmmm posts. I'm not complaining and I'm a Jeeper for life. Been driving/owning them since 1980.

Yesterday I ordered a Gator Rubicon JT. $59K MSRP, $52K deal. Happy with it since it's local and excited for it to arrive eventually. This will be my first automatic Jeep, times they are a

Two years ago I sold my JKR 2 door 6 speed to make room for my youngest child, now 20 months old. Yes, I'm old with a 31 year spread between my oldest son and my toddler.

I sold my Rebel last week, knowing I'd be ordering as soon as Gator was available. My wife drives a Punkin JLU Sahara 6 speed.

Today I was cleaning out my old box of aftermarket JK goodies that many of us accumulate and never install or OEM parts that we have taken off to install aftermarket. Well, I came across my 2012 Call Of Duty Rubicon 2 door window sticker. The sticker is $41,700 and I paid $35,000 OTD (13's were coming out and I made that offer a month prior to them accepting it).

Biggest things I noted today was destination charge was $900 in 2012 and it is now $1495 and the prices for colored hardtop, fenders, 8.4 have also been significantly raised.

I sold that JK for $27k with 89,000 miles on it. It was the first year of the Pentastar 3.6 and it never once returned to the dealer for anything. I'm hoping to continue that streak of luck

Anyhow, just wanted to share. Happy Jeeping!

20190927_130932.jpg
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the perspective. Savage Geese (youtuber) always talks about this... vehicles used to be $10 - $20k and now because of safety standards and rugulations its pushed what once cost $10 - 20k to $30 - 50k

Reminds me of when videos games were $45 ($50 flat including sales tax) as a kid... and now some games are $60 - 80 + $DLC.

Last edited: