Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
OK, first big WHOA, is what Milous mentioned in this thread;

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ors-debut-power-top-etc.1229/page-3#post-6678

F'ing SELEC-TRAC !! :surprised: :like: :rock: :clap:
Need so much more info on what kind... hope it's like the NP242 , but WTF Sahara 4dr Only?
Will that end up being a completely different platform. Hope it's not the Export only variant.

I expected Acid Yellow, they had a new Yellow for the YJ, TJ, JK, re-using the Baja made no sense since they recently used it, and Acid was supposed to come last year and never did.

I'm assuming Nacho is another word for Orange... BUT.... PY5 is the same code as DOZER Yellow, which some claimed was Orange-ish, but in the sun was proper Caterpillar yellow, however in the dark got orange-ish unlike an actually CAT paint-job.

Power Soft Top made it. :lipssealed:

Why is there separate options for Android Auto and Apple Car Play , why isn't is all-in-one like so many others out there ? :asshat:

What is a Trail Rail Management System ? Retractable Rock Rails / Steps, like on other trucks?

F'in Sirrius again !! Probably $ 300 again for the bluetooth/connectivity/whatever unit... that comes with 'free' sirrius. :headbang:

Still a smoker's group? Really ? No, I mean REALLY !?!

Well, at least some of the details are firming up. :muscle::)

zgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ (2001)
Very disappointing about Sahara - not even sure why such a thing would be done with so little effort required to provide it. Why do all the seats have black in them? I don't want any black on my seats. Even the tan leather option has black. That means I have to get my seats reupholstered as soon as i get the thing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Glad to see the diesel on the list, but disappointed no Recon/Hard Rock. Maybe next year.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
..disappointed no Recon/Hard Rock. Maybe next year.
Recon/HardRock aren't trim levels, they are editions, like the Fredom, BigBear, Willys, Winter, etc.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What the hell is a belt starter generator?

Selec-Trac!!! BEST t-case ever offered!!!

Now I gotta' have one!!

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
It was wishful thinking on part to hope for a rear locking differential on the Sahara instead of LSD, especially if you get the Selec-Trac T-case.

Sponsored

AZJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Three cheers for the selec trac. Have that in my 2002 Grand Cherokee. Hopefully it's the same unit or as good.
I suspect by offering it in the Sahara trim at first is just to test the waters, see what the take rate is. High enough demand
should see it being offered in other trims.
I've been thinking about the Sahara anyway.

Jim

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
What is a Trail Rail Management System ? Retractable Rock Rails / Steps, like on other trucks?
My guess is some kind of adjustable rail-based tie-down system in the cargo area. Seems odd to do something like that in a vehicle like the Wrangler though. Based on the name, it sounds more like an option I'd expect to see on the JT, not the JL.

I'm assuming Nacho is another word for Orange... BUT.... PY5 is the same code as DOZER Yellow, which some claimed was Orange-ish, but in the sun was proper Caterpillar yellow, however in the dark got orange-ish unlike an actually CAT paint-job.
Yeah, sounds like it's going to be Dozen reborn. "Nacho" cheese is usually more gold-yellow than orange anyway. I can't believe they named it "Nacho" though... I mean, really???

drkreeves

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sport 2dr
I really hope they don't jack up the price on these things more than they have with the JK, although I fear we will see a much higher MSRP and quite a bit of a mark up with any of the options listed.
Sponsored