Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Safety Coordination
Hello,
First off, I love my JT. I recently started having issues with 4th gear and Reverse. I took it to a mod friendly dealer in my area to see what the issue is and they determined that it needed a new transmission. The warranty department denied my claim due to lift (4.5”), tires (38”) and performance upgrades(some how they knew I was using a Tazer even though I returned to stock before returning. I need my JT back quick so I have to pay for the replacement which isn’t cheap.
I know the symptoms I have are common for 2020s so do I stand any chance of getting reimbursed through jeep cares if I make a claim?
Thanks
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I know the symptoms I have are common for 2020s so do I stand any chance of getting reimbursed through jeep cares if I make a claim?
You can always try but if the dealer actually document your lift and tires, they have good grounds to justify their denial.

Internet lawyers will tell you to invoke the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act to push back on the dealership and make them "prove" your lift and tires cause the issue, but that is not the real world and all the dealership has to do is make a reasonable claim your mods "may" have contributed to your issue.

Outback_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Civil Engineer
Hootbro is correct. You bought a stock truck and were sold a warrantee for a stock truck. When we do so called upgrades we are now taking, if you will, the risk in installing those parts. But I do feel your pain. No sure how they knew that you had a Tazer installed but that is another issue.
Sponsored