Sponsored

2020 Gladiator has arrived

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
My Gladiator arrived at the dealership late yesterday afternoon. Salesman sent me some pics. Super stoked to get it and get started. Plan to pick it up either Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Gladiator1.jpg

Gladiator3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Congrats Harold!

How soon will you be able to put the lift on?
Good question. I will probably drive it 1-2K miles stock first. Just to see if all is good. That will probably put me at the tail end of winter. But...you never know...LOL. I did order my tires and wheels yesterday.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. I will probably drive it 1-2K miles stock first. Just to see if all is good. That will probably put me at the tail end of winter. But...you never know...LOL. I did order my tires and wheels yesterday.
Interesting. If it were me, I would go ahead and put the lift and tires on because:

1. You likely can sell the takeoff parts, wheels, & tires for more if you don’t put miles on them.

2. In the unlikely event that there is something concerning about the replaced suspension items, who cares? They’re gone.

3. If there is something wrong with any other aspect of the JTR, the lift won’t affect that issue or its resolution.

4. You likely will know if something is wrong (e.g., loose steering) right away, long before 1K-2K miles.

Just my $0.02.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. If it were me, I would go ahead and put the lift and tires on because:

1. You likely can sell the takeoff parts, wheel, & tires for more if you don’t put miles on them.

2. In the unlikely event that there is something concerning about the replaced suspension items, who cares? They’re gone.

3. If there is something wrong with any other aspect of the JTR, the lift won’t affect that issue or its resolution.

4. You likely will know if something is wrong (e.g., loose steering) right away, long before 1K-2K miles.

Just my $0.02.
True...very true. So I guess the short answer is really not sure. Have to see how the schedule goes...hopefully sooner rather than later. Some time in the 2nd half of February is the most likely option. Weekends are my best time. I will be on vacation with wife the first 2 weekends in February so hopefully after that.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thats Awesome! enjoy!
Sponsored