Sponsored

2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window)

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Hi community.

We have been hit by some storms and behold., water in the rear.
Luckily, we deleted the rear seats, so we noticed it.

Trying to trace it seems a little hard. In the lighter rain, I could not make out where what was coming from. Most of the rear window felt dry. A few droplets on the sub. Most of the water is in the track/rail for the rear small window. I will try to go to the car wash to get a better idea. Is there a drain in the rear that could be plugged up?
Any tips or suggestions for finding the origin?

There are some plastic covers above the glass. How can I remove them without damaging the clips that hold them in place?

Thank you for your help.

All the best.
Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
After a long rainy weekend out, came back and 2 days later it stunk, realized it was soaking wet. I still haven't fixed it as I prefer to stay far away from the dealerships. A few in here have fixed on their own with silicon.

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Would also be my go to if I can verify that it is the large window leaking.

I am staying the heck away from Jeep (it is an import so unless they are an epic dealership, which the place that sold it to us is not, they won't help unless I pay double of what any other shop would ask) if I have a choice.

Most of the water that hadn't dripped on the sub, my tools or our gear was in the yellow marked locations.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 1656407829707

Sponsored

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
If it looks like this, the dealer will replace the entire rear window under warranty. There's an entire thread on people that have had this done but I can't locate it right now. I did have to wait about 3.5 months for the repair but the amount leaking was minimal and was contained with a towel.

20210619_133753.jpg

20210619_093949.jpg

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
A few seconds with the pressure washer at the car wash...

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG-20220628-WA0003

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG-20220628-WA0001

So it is the large window at the top. Like @Ankh showed.

The fun starts now then.
Calling Jeep Germany to see what they are willing to do on an import.

It is not too much here, but on our trip we had close to a 100 l/m² and everything got soaked as it was pressed up against the rear wall right under the window. It sucks to have no dry towels for the dog and no dry, clean clothing. The tools I sprayed with wet protect and seem to function again.

Last edited:

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I guess I have joined the club! 😭. I am very attentive every time I wash the JT to make sure there are no leaks on the rear window. For almost 2 years now nothing! I drove 45 minutes through moderate rain and when I arrived home I noticed I had some water drips coming from back window. From what I read this is enough for Jeep to replace the whole back window.

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
this is a known issue, as there was another thread about this...

Gramps.busa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Many have complained about top being scratched because old glass is difficult to get out. I have a body color top & was unwilling to take the chance. Got some Flowable silicone (3M) & put a couple of tubes worth in the top channel. Problem solved. Additional silicone is not visible from outside.

Sponsored

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Many have complained about top being scratched because old glass is difficult to get out. I have a body color top & was unwilling to take the chance. Got some Flowable silicone (3M) & put a couple of tubes worth in the top channel. Problem solved. Additional silicone is not visible from outside.
This. I did the same. I refused to let a dealer break the window and scratch the top to replace it.

White Betty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator max tow
Anyone that put silicone on could you please post pictures of placement? Mine leaked quite a bit from the top and would like to get an idea of where to start and stop.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Anyone that put silicone on could you please post pictures of placement? Mine leaked quite a bit from the top and would like to get an idea of where to start and stop.
No real pictures. Just grab a tube of flowable silicone and run it across the top. I used half a tube, let it dry, tested. There was still a single leak so I went over it with the other half. No more leak.

Flowable silicone is sold for this purpose and works amazing. I’m honestly surprised it’s not the repair prescribed by the warranty.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I’m honestly surprised it’s not the repair prescribed by the warranty.
Some people have reported that the dealership used flowable silicone as a repair for this.