First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Aloha Everyone,

Like everyone else we are waiting to take delivery of our 2020 Jeep Gladiator. But until then I wanted to share with all of you what our plans are.

Once we take delivery of our Gladiator we are going to gear up, and head out! We plan on taking the year off going to a new state every few days to a week, depending what we find. So at the beginning of each day we are going to get a map out and decide where to go! We will be streaming all of this to https://www.youtube.com/Wizzard005 . Our trip will start in Cali.

We are planing to camp as much as we can, that being said, if you guys know of places we should check out, please post below as we want to see as much as we can for each state.

What we are not going to do is super hard places like Rubicon Trail, but Moab we will def check out while in UT. (Rubicon will be done when we join some local friends in Cali)

So again if you know of something we need to see, let us know

We Do plan on going to Alaska and maybe cutting across Canada to the east coast, but right now its unknown, if we are in Canada we already know what we want to see :) (But will not turn down meeting up with a local jeep club to show us some spots)

We will be in the Launch Edition Gladiator, we are thinking of having Fabtech or EVO lifting it, we plan on running 37's and more to come..

We have two months set aside to gear up the truck.. Any input and or Trail / Tech Idea's you all may have, please share, its going to be a fun adventure and hopefully we meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Truck mods:

Lift: 3.5 - 5" Lift (EVO or Fab-tech)
Tire: 37's BFG
RIM: Stock 17's
Tent: Roam Adventures
Bed Mount: EVO or Cali-fab depending on who gives us a better deal
Tire carrier: EVO or Cali-fab
Winch: Smitty-built 12000LB with Synthetic Rope
Water: Onboard Hot Water System
Tech: Ipad Ham Radio, Dash cam that will stream to facebook live so people can check in on us

We are open to more mod idea's
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 3.0 Prestige, 2016 Mercedes-Benz SL400,
Taking a ferry from WA with your JT into Vancouver B.C. is recommend as it provides a neat experience for your viewers. Would also add taking a ferry back into U.S. is not recommended because our border entry is slow as molasses.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
What an awesome trip! All Fifty. Will you have a theme like museums, fishing, ghost towns, mining towns, mountain passes, national parks, natural history, biggest ball of twine, rivers, lakes, highway, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, route 66, summer, fall, winter, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, best eats, 1sts, Biggest, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, hornswagglers, bootleggers, government towns? That would help narrow it down a bit! Lots of roads in AZ but it would take a week by it's lonesome.

Sponsored

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
My first road trip will be to Home Depot to buy 4x8 plywood so we can finally put that other thread to bed.
I’ve never hauled plywood. I haven’t used my truck to it’s full potential yet. I’m getting up early Saturday AM, making a big cup of Joe, and going to Home Depot to buy some of this shit. I need my truck to feel alive for once. I’m jacked

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
What an awesome trip! All Fifty. Will you have a theme like museums, fishing, ghost towns, mining towns, mountain passes, national parks, natural history, biggest ball of twine, rivers, lakes, highway, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, route 66, summer, fall, winter, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, best eats, 1sts, Biggest, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, hornswagglers, bootleggers, government towns? That would help narrow it down a bit! Lots of roads in AZ but it would take a week by it's lonesome.
Good point...

SO these are the things we will be looking to check out in each state:

So far we have Things like:

AZ - Grand Canyon / Music Museum
UT - Moab
FL - Underground Cave (Swimming)
WA - Ferry to Vancouver (was a good idea)
AK - We would like to see or do Camp Under the Northern Lights
WY - Grand Tetons / (multistate yellowstone

We are going to be looking for places to camp in each state too, but places that are not too crazy or hard to get too, we dont want to do a 2 - 3 day wheeling trip to camp spot.... Single Day trip will work, better yet if we meet up with local wheeling group also a plus

We do not want to see: fishing, biggest ball of twine, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, stragglers, bootleggers, government towns

Things we want to see: Ghost Towns if any, Day trip Wheeling Spots, route 66, MTN's, Valleys, Lakes, places like Vegas, Austin, Lake Travis, Gold mining towns etc. We want to be able to take wheeling routes if any along the way..

This is still work in progress, so we are open to idea's!.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Good point...

SO these are the things we will be looking to check out in each state:

So far we have Things like:

AZ - Grand Canyon / Music Museum
UT - Moab
FL - Underground Cave (Swimming)
WA - Ferry to Vancouver (was a good idea)
AK - We would like to see or do Camp Under the Northern Lights
WY - Grand Tetons / (multistate yellowstone

We are going to be looking for places to camp in each state too, but places that are not too crazy or hard to get too, we dont want to do a 2 - 3 day wheeling trip to camp spot.... Single Day trip will work, better yet if we meet up with local wheeling group also a plus

We do not want to see: fishing, biggest ball of twine, freeway, railroad, old road, stage coach routes, baseball parks, horse racing, amusement parks, Guinness book, car shows, 4th of July parades, natural disasters, bee migration routes, birding, romance, movie locations, stragglers, bootleggers, government towns

Things we want to see: Ghost Towns if any, Day trip Wheeling Spots, route 66, MTN's, Valleys, Lakes, places like Vegas, Austin, Lake Travis, Gold mining towns etc. We want to be able to take wheeling routes if any along the way..

This is still work in progress, so we are open to idea's!.....
WI check out the Red Shed. Must go if you end up in Madison. You’ll enjoy yourself lol

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never hauled plywood. I haven’t used my truck to it’s full potential yet. I’m getting up early Saturday AM, making a big cup of Joe, and going to Home Depot to buy some of this shit. I need my truck to feel alive for once. I’m jacked
Let us know how it goes! Takes pictures and be sure to mock up the bed as close to the gladiator as possible. I had a Ranger back in 99-04. Mostly used to move my atv. I did use it to transport a few pieces of wood one time to build a bar in the basement.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Post some pics. And don't get Ford or Chevy plywood. There's a post somewhere on here about Mopar plywood. It's the bess

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Post some pics. And don't get Ford or Chevy plywood. There's a post somewhere on here about Mopar plywood. It's the bess
Yeah... it was the Mopar 3.75x8ft plywood option or the Mopar Apple iPhone edition plywood with a notch in the top left.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah... it was the Mopar 3.75x8ft plywood option or the Mopar Apple iPhone edition plywood with a notch in the top left.
Absolutely right! obviously it was engineered so it won't dent the gas pipe running across the bed, and, if it does, the gas runs out the holes so that's taken care of.
Sponsored