Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Remote Start Possessed!!!

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, Genesis G80 5.0
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to the forum and need some feedback! I Just got my new Jeep Gladiator Overland about 3 weeks now and I am so in love with this truck. As a part of my kit I got the Uconnect and Mopar EVTS kit for the additional security and remote access. On Monday this week I got call form my wife asking if I remotely started the Gladiator because it was on and running in our driveway. I checked my security cameras and say that it has been turned on remotely for over 6 hours and just running idle. I did not do it, my wife did not do it so I called the Uconnect folks and they said they don't just start people vehicles for no reason (very defensive)!

Today (4 days later) I went outside and walked pass my jeep that was off and sitting in my driveway as usual. I realize I left something inside so I turned around went inside and came back out and my Jeep was just on and running!! The engine is so quite so had to walk up on it to realize it was on! Again my wife did not do it, I surely did not do it either so I am just confused as hell why my Jeep is being possessed!!!!

What upsets me more is there is no warning whenever it is started remotely, emails, push notification to my phone, nothing!! so there is just no way to know when the Jeeps is started remotely and for how long it has been running. Anyone else ever experience this phenomenon?
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have seen nothing like that in my overland and have had it since June. I actually tried the uconnect and remote based starts just to see if they actually worked a couple weeks ago.

I wouldn't expect any push or email notifications to be perfectly honest. If your running the uconnect app I believe I recall it showing that the start command was pushed but that is it. Also what I found is that it took over 5 minutes from the app to actually start the Jeep which I was not happy with in the slightest but then again I generally don't like to remote start anything if I am that far from them so the keyfob is best for my preferences but I can also see my jeep from my office.

From what your describing I would definitely be at the dealership ASAP because I don't think the Jeep would run idle for hours on a remote start. Don't quote me on this but I thought there was a safety feature to turn off after something like 20 minutes if it remained idle.

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen nothing like that in my overland and have had it since June. I actually tried the uconnect and remote based starts just to see if they actually worked a couple weeks ago.

I wouldn't expect any push or email notifications to be perfectly honest. If your running the uconnect app I believe I recall it showing that the start command was pushed but that is it. Also what I found is that it took over 5 minutes from the app to actually start the Jeep which I was not happy with in the slightest but then again I generally don't like to remote start anything if I am that far from them so the keyfob is best for my preferences but I can also see my jeep from my office.

From what your describing I would definitely be at the dealership ASAP because I don't think the Jeep would run idle for hours on a remote start. Don't quote me on this but I thought there was a safety feature to turn off after something like 20 minutes if it remained idle.
Hi Prime,

I reached out to the dealership today
Waiting to hear back. I'm with you, I thought if it was remotely started it would just idle for about 20 or also minute like the auto start on my Ford truck but this thing just kept running idle for 6 hours!! I need to check the app again to see if it does tell you if it was remotely started since the customer service people were no help!!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
This right Here- my GC will only run 15-20min when you remote start, then will shut off.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It might have something to do with the auto start and the engine start stop systems having a glitch. Mine does screwy things. I have a manual so I don't have an auto start but my start/stop seems to have a mind of its own. I try to get it to work letting the clutch out in neutral brake pressed like it's supposed to at drive thrus and it won't stop. Then at a light clutch pressed no brake it will turn on/off a multiple times in a row. I am going to have to get it into the dealer over it. I don't mind the feature but it needs to work. Sometimes it will work as intended but it's so screwy I feel like it's a detriment at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if you were having an electrical gremlin where the 2 features caused the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It might have something to do with the auto start and the engine start stop systems having a glitch. Mine does screwy things. I have a manual so I don't have an auto start but my start/stop seems to have a mind of its own. I try to get it to work letting the clutch out in neutral brake pressed like it's supposed to at drive thrus and it won't stop. Then at a light clutch pressed no brake it will turn on/off a multiple times in a row. I am going to have to get it into the dealer over it. I don't mind the feature but it needs to work. Sometimes it will work as intended but it's so screwy I feel like it's a detriment at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if you were having an electrical gremlin where the 2 features caused the issue.
Thanks AK
The auto star stop works just fine, it's just scary to know this thing will start on it's own and stay running for hours. Like a bad child I'm scared to leave it at home alone for a long weekend!!!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I use the remote start almost every day. It usually starts within 60 seconds, and I get a push notification from the app after it starts. It honks the horn before starting, and I think that can be turned off in the NAV system settings. Mine turns off after running 15 minutes, if I don't get in and press the start button. The Uconnect system relies on the cell phone network to function. I believe the service is handled by AT&T.

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up! There is definitely something wrong with mine. Going to do a diagnostic to see if they can figure out why. Also need to see where I can turn on the push notification because right now I am getting nothing. Thanks again!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up! There is definitely something wrong with mine. Going to do a diagnostic to see if they can figure out why. Also need to see where I can turn on the push notification because right now I am getting nothing. Thanks again!
I'm guessing the problem is in the remote start module on the truck. Hopefully, it's a quick fix with a replacement at the dealer.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
With ESS, is it possible you're parking the truck and not turning it off and it's cutting on to adjust temperature? Does ESS have a timeout?

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
That’s a big problem. If someone bought that vehicle and parked it in their garage it possibly could have been fatal to the homeowners.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a big problem. If someone bought that vehicle and parked it in their garage it possibly could have been fatal to the homeowners.
ESS doesn’t work when you are in park or when the foot is not on the brake, so that’s not the issue.

I wish more Gladi owners would read their manuals. It says that, when activating the Remote start, “the engine will start, and the vehicle will remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15 minute cycle. … The engine can be started two consecutive times (two 15 minute cycles) with the key fob. However, the ignition must be placed in the ON/RUN position before you can repeat the start sequence for a third cycle.”

If it’s running for more than 15 minutes, even if accidentally activated, it will shut down in 15 minutes—if it’s working properly. If it’s running for hours, there is a possibly-lethal defect.

lrtexasman is correct. That could kill people if it was on in the garage overnight.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I had an old Chevy Beretta that was cursed. The horn would go off randomly... sometimes 3 am, sometimes in the middle of traffic and once when I was right behind a cop!!!!

The trunk would also just pop open whenever it felt like it.

The best thing that ever happened to that car is it got crushed in an accident.

Hopefully yours doesn't have the curse.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Ah, the Beretta: the 2 door Corsica! Hell, they even made a Corsica notchback . . .

ANG6VHLpKH1yh_Jvs3bCobYAeGJqX_N75nEkbcxyUeAeHi_NhWL9TwKHaDFkHGpnPCMG3aLjJFzip7g1RqTcrTKqzZMURYbO.jpg

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Did you butt dial it? I occasionally set the alarm off on mine.
Sponsored