Sponsored

2020 JT Overland Model Confirmed For U.S. Market!

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
2020 JT Overland Confirmed For U.S. Market

One of our inside plant sources has confirmed that there will be a JT Overland model for the U.S. market. While mostly in camo, the prototype JT had an Overland badge. The hood was open, revealing a paper tag in front of the 3.6L ESS engine identifying it as a U.S. market model. It appears that several of the features are similar to the JL export-only Overland model.

Interesting note - the JL export Overland version is shown as a "Sahara" with Overland option package. The new JT U.S. variant below lists it as an Overland model and not as a package on the Sahara (once again suggesting that the JT may only have Sport and Rubicon trims, although this has yet to be confirmed).

Listed below are some of the key components that our source was able to verify, along with other features that we at JSF have previously revealed for the upcoming 2020 JT models:
  • Overland Badge
  • 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
  • 255/75R18 All-Season Tires w/18x7.5 wheels
  • Ambient LED Lighting, Interior
  • Body Colored Fender Flares
  • Command-Trac Part Time 4WD
  • Dana M210 Front Axle
  • Dana M220 Rear Axle
  • Door Handles, Black
  • Door Trim Panels, Premium
  • Front Fog Lamps
  • Front Frame Overlay, Black
  • Grille, Bright
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Leather Wrapped Parking Brake & Shift Knob
  • Lockable Rear Underseat Storage
  • Mirrors, Exterior, Black
  • Padded Sport Bar
  • Painted Bumpers (Front & Rear)
  • ParkView Rear Back-up Camera
  • Power Tailgate Lock
  • Premium Wrapped I/P Bezel
  • Rear Sliding Window
  • Seats, Driver, Height Adjustable
  • Seats, Manual 6-Way, Driver
  • Seats, Manual 2-Way, Driver, w/Lumbar Adjust
  • Seats, Passenger, Manual Adjust 4-Way
  • Seats, Reclining Front
  • Side Steps
  • Rear Fog Lamps
  • Tonneau Cover
  • Tow Hooks (2 x Front 1 x Rear)
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Finally more info/leaks are starting to coming in. Let’s hope the pace increases until the reveal. Thank you Jay, by the way are you at SEMA this week?

Of the list above I am most excited to see the locking rear storage under the seats.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Awesome news @JAY! So what we were seeing that we all thought was a Sahara trim rolling around was probably an Overland given the model description and details. Interesting none-the-less!

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Finally more info/leaks are starting to coming in. Let’s hope the pace increases until the reveal. Thank you Jay, by the way are you at SEMA this week?

Of the list above I am most excited to see the locking rear storage under the seats.
Yes sir, heading there today. We'll be covering all the JLs there this year. Wish I could say the same for JT but hopefully this time next year!

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That definitely sounds like a Sahara. What is different than a standard JL Sahara? Or different than a JT Sport (based on Jay's original post.)

Seems like you're getting heated seats, bigger wheels and painted fenders/bumpers... otherwise it's kind of what I was expecting from a Sport.

What's an I/P Bezel?

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
That definitely sounds like a Sahara. What is different than a standard JL Sahara? Or different than a JT Sport (based on Jay's original post.)

Seems like you're getting heated seats, bigger wheels and painted fenders/bumpers... otherwise it's kind of what I was expecting from a Sport.

What's an I/P Bezel?
Several differences over the Sahara being mostly cosmetic. My guess is being as the Overland Wrangler is an export only they are giving the JT its own premium trim while keeping the Sahara for the Wrangler. The I/P bezel is found on a bunch of Dodge and FCA products like he Durango but refers to the dash and interior wrap materials that accent the dash features like the Sahara Wrangler has.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Several differences over the Sahara being mostly cosmetic. My guess is being as the Overland Wrangler is an export only they are giving the JT its own premium trim while keeping the Sahara for the Wrangler. The I/P bezel is found on a bunch of Dodge and FCA products like he Durango but refers to the dash and interior wrap materials that accent the dash features like the Sahara Wrangler has.
So... presuming this is like the red highlights of a Rubicon then as well?

Bummer there aren't some real functional "Overlanding" improvements beyond cosmetics & badging.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep

Bummer there aren't some real functional "Overlanding" improvements beyond cosmetics & badging.
Doubtful on the red accents. The Sahara gets a light gray stitching on the leather dash components so that is what I assume the Overland JT will get as well. They might change up the stitching colors, who knows, but it will likely have a similar dash layout and feel. Just speculating.

Sponsored

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
"Overland" has nothing to do with it being an overlanding package. Its a luxury package thats been used on jeeps for years. Its a throwback to the original Willys Overland. I would expect it to offer a chrome grill, painted body trim, and some cool looking leather. They have been known to use saddle leather in the past, that would be sweet.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I really like saddle leather too!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,

Typically it's just badging..."cosmetic package" that they can charge you lot$a more for it
Sponsored